Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#451 Old 16th Dec 2013 at 9:47 AM
Yes I have "Failed to export" and that's it ...
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#452 Old 17th Dec 2013 at 12:35 PM
You have removed the WPID when you first imported the world?
Does the Exported name contain any symbols?

If not, open it in s3pe, and remove it now (the WPID resource).
Then, back in CAW, input the Name, Description and Image over again. And then, do a Save As. Close the failed export version and open the Saved As version, and try to export that.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#453 Old 23rd Dec 2013 at 11:48 AM Last edited by ellacharmed : 26th Dec 2013 at 9:42 AM. Reason: clarification
Quote:
do I need to import the XML file before I start exporting
What XML file?

Do you want a default replacement world (replace the original France.world) or another totally unconnected France to install via Launcher to play as a Homeworld?

ETA:
Just to clarify, the different intention of using this edited world, ie
- default replacement, or
- new France as Homeworld installable in Launcher,
would clear up which XML you're referring to...well, at least for me.

Default replacement : one Household XML
New installable France as Homeworld : 2 XMLs, i,e, the Household one and a Sims3Pack-related one.
Test Subject
#454 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
You have removed the WPID when you first imported the world?
Does the Exported name contain any symbols?

If not, open it in s3pe, and remove it now (the WPID resource).
Then, back in CAW, input the Name, Description and Image over again. And then, do a Save As. Close the failed export version and open the Saved As version, and try to export that.

Yes I have removed the WPID ...
The name doesn't contain symbols

I tried your solution, but it does not work
In the Arena
retired moderator
#455 Old 4th Jan 2014 at 1:07 AM
Test it again after you have rename/move the current UserToolData in CAW user folder + The Sims 3 user folder and then reload CAW.

Then, transfer only the CC you used for this world as a requirement i.e. mandatory to keep the world true to your vision and design for it. And remove the unused ones. This includes
- Sims3Pack CC in DCCache & DCBackup;
- packages in Mods;
- Lots/Households in Library;
- Sims in SavedSims;
- custom terrains / height maps / your data in HeightMaps, SourceTexture, *Brushes;
- the .world and 2 subfolders for it in Worlds, or 3 if you use [Config]; and
- the CAW CC in CAW CC framework in Program Files, if any

In other words, have you done the troubleshooting suggested in CAW not running? CAW running slowly? ?
Test Subject
#456 Old 14th Jan 2014 at 5:40 AM
I would like to edit Dragon Valley. Can I get some help, or a file that's just ready to open and edit? Cause it can't open mine. I need some help pls.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#457 Old 15th Jan 2014 at 2:58 AM
Test Subject
#458 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
@Onaakakit,
do you still need help? You want to actually edit that world to your specifications or just play it as-is?

@Thjodolf,
Did you edit the .cfg as instructed in the CAW CC framework tutorial or used your own path?
If you followed it exactly, the resource.cfg for the CAW CC framework is without "Mods", so instead of CAW-Mods-Packages-Folder, try CAW-Packages-Folder?

I would like to play it, I simply can't get it to work. It crashes every time. I looked at what expansions were needed and I'm not missing any.
Test Subject
#459 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 5:33 AM
This is probably really obvious and I am missing something (My apologies, I am only mildly familiar with CAW) and I hope I am in the correct place to find assistance.

I wanted to do a complete town overhaul (of sims and lots), and was directed by the Sims 3 forums to the CAWster resources as a way to hopefully bypass the corruption problems that come with just deleting sims from a town AND not have to go through the process of pulling world data.

I was able to download the (no-sims) "Dragon Valley" from the CAWster site into CAW and compile it for use in the game, no problem (which was what I really wanted to work from anyway), but I am unable to get CAW to recognize the "Roaring Heights" data. I can place it in the worlds folder, the same as I did for Dragon Valley, but it doesn't show up as an option when I use the "Open World" or "Select World to Export" options. Is there something extra I need to do for Roaring Heights to appear in CAW?

Any more information I can give or any ideas on what I might be doing incorrectly? I just recently downloaded CAW, so I am using version 0.2.0.197. Thank you.

Also a side question: When editing pre-made worlds, is there anything special you need to do when placing (new) lots prior to exporting to avoid file corruption or pathing issues? Mainly, I'd like to look at trying to break a few of the bigger lots down into multiple smaller ones. If I need to ask this 2nd question somewhere else, please disregard.
Test Subject
#460 Old 26th Jan 2014 at 1:54 AM
So I have been trying to retexture a world. All I want to do is change the terrain textures. And while zoomed in on a lot the terrains are normal, but as soon as I go back to world view it is the original textures. And in some instances, the terrain textures are mixed with old and new. Does anyone have a solution for this?

I've included pictures for reference. Thanks!
Screenshots
Theorist
#461 Old 26th Jan 2014 at 11:08 AM
That happened to me when I tried to edit the terrain purely in s3pe. When I took the world back to CAW and changed it, it kept the new texture always.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
#462 Old 26th Jan 2014 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
That happened to me when I tried to edit the terrain purely in s3pe. When I took the world back to CAW and changed it, it kept the new texture always.

This is from editing the terrain in CAW though.
Test Subject
#463 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 6:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kalphoenix
This is probably really obvious and I am missing something (My apologies, I am only mildly familiar with CAW) and I hope I am in the correct place to find assistance.

I wanted to do a complete town overhaul (of sims and lots), and was directed by the Sims 3 forums to the CAWster resources as a way to hopefully bypass the corruption problems that come with just deleting sims from a town AND not have to go through the process of pulling world data.

I was able to download the (no-sims) "Dragon Valley" from the CAWster site into CAW and compile it for use in the game, no problem (which was what I really wanted to work from anyway), but I am unable to get CAW to recognize the "Roaring Heights" data. I can place it in the worlds folder, the same as I did for Dragon Valley, but it doesn't show up as an option when I use the "Open World" or "Select World to Export" options. Is there something extra I need to do for Roaring Heights to appear in CAW?

Any more information I can give or any ideas on what I might be doing incorrectly? I just recently downloaded CAW, so I am using version 0.2.0.197. Thank you.

Also a side question: When editing pre-made worlds, is there anything special you need to do when placing (new) lots prior to exporting to avoid file corruption or pathing issues? Mainly, I'd like to look at trying to break a few of the bigger lots down into multiple smaller ones. If I need to ask this 2nd question somewhere else, please disregard.

I am not sure what the problem was but I deleted all the relevant files, re-downloaded and replaced the "Roaring Heights" files and now CAW is recognizing them. Can't figure out what I did differently (I tried re-downloading and re-installing before), but no worries.

As to my second question, I found the "rebuild routing data" option in CAW, so I will assume this is all I need to do if I place any new lots.
Theorist
#464 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by onlyartist
This is from editing the terrain in CAW though.

Hmm. I totally changed the default paint in a grassy world to concrete, in CAW. It was rather straightforward, just replaced the main world paint with whatever and saved. Sorry I can't be more specific but it is possible, I am inexperienced at this too.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
#465 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 4:17 PM
I haven't looked through this entire thread so I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, however when I tried to import the resources of a friend's world through S3PE, I get this error:

Could not import all resources - aborting.
(RK: 0x0166038C-0x00000000-0xCDA362C3EC06112E)

== START ==
Source: mscorlib
Assembly: mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeConstructor(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object[] args, SignatureStruct& signature, RuntimeType declaringType)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)

at s3pi.WrapperDealer.WrapperDealer.WrapperForType(String type, Int32 APIversion, Stream s)

at S3PIDemoFE.MainForm.importPackagesCommon(String[] packageList, String title, DuplicateHandling dups, Boolean compress, Boolean useNames, Boolean rename, List`1 dupsList, AutoSaveState autoSaveState, IList`1 selection)
-----
== END ==

I haven't been able to find any help to resolve this as of yet, so you guys are kind of my last hope!
Test Subject
#466 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 9:11 PM
Hi. I'm relatively new to CAW, but not the Sims. I have 2 questions:
1.) Any chance that the owner of the Cawster site is here or is there someone here that can get them a message?
2.) I'm looking for Lite and unpopulated CAW versions of Barnacle Bay for personal world editing. The links on Cawster do not work (several, in fact are broken). Can someone help me get these?
Thanks!
Test Subject
#467 Old 27th Feb 2014 at 4:02 AM Last edited by silver1337 : 2nd Mar 2014 at 8:50 AM.
Having given up on the World Editor for editing EA's worlds, I've been playing around with the Original Method for editing them in CAW. I'm not especially experienced with CAW, but I like to think I follow instructions well and I've dabbled quite a bit.

Anyway, I want to make a default replacement for each of the EA worlds, which function exactly like the EA worlds -- but, my default replacement would have a few extra lots and roads to accommodate the EP community lots. That means I want all of the Sims, ghosts, house names, everything (even the description and thumbnail/.png), to be exactly the same as they should be. If possible, I want to just be able to swap out the original .world file with my edited one -- the same way you use ellacharmed's world fixes. In fact, I'm planning on incorporating as many of her fixes as possible into my edited version, mostly to warm myself up a little to the tools again (and to make myself feel accomplished, of course!).

The only problem is, I can't figure out how to make a default replacement with all of the original Sims in there. I've obviously tried leaving the WPID, but I can't seem to just drag and drop my new .world file in place of SunsetValley.world -- when I did (moving the original to another back up folder), my World appeared in the New Town list correctly, but said it could not load because a 'serious error' has occurred.

Giving up on default replacement, I deleted the WPID and Exported and Installed as per usual with a custom World, only to find my NewSunsetValley didn't exist and there were TWO Sunset Valley's listed in the menu, which were identical to each other and definitely not my edited version (to differentiate my World, I fixed the crosswalk out by the military base).

So, I come here seeking help, because I have NO idea what I'm doing now. Essentially, I want to know the exact procedure ellacharmed used on her .world fixes for them to function correctly as perfectly identical to the originals but with her CAW routing changes and such. I've been searching online for a few days now, and I just cannot found how to make everything exactly the same, but different! :P

Thank you!
P.S. ellacharmed: you're my hero for doing the .world fixes all this time -- I've been using them forever and they've made such a difference to my game!

EDIT: I found the instructions in the World Routing Lags wiki on how to import the resources into the original/unchanged EA worlds, and decided to try that method to make it work as a default replacement. I got Sunset Valley into CAW, played around with the non-routing paint and added in an extra road with three more lots. As a newbie to S3PE and how the resources work, I decided to just import all of the resources from my edited version of Sunset Valley into a copy of the original Sunset Valley, but carefully went back and found the specific WPID and UNKN resources mentioned in most of the Editing Premade Worlds guides for the original Sunset Valley. I had hoped that importing my resources would help me keep ALL of the changes I'd made, while keeping those specific ones from the original Sunset Valley would have it working correctly. But, it didn't work. My world appeared in the World list just fine, although it had the placeholder description and thumbnail I'd put in (when I wanted the standard Sunset Valley description and thumbnail), but when I tried to start a new game in it, it came up "A serious error has occurred while loading 'Sunset Valley.world'. It is strongly recommended that you restart the application".

Now, I'll be the first to admit I don't know what I'm doing, but I can't figure out what it is exactly I'm doing wrong (although I'm sure I wouldn't be surprised if it's obvious to those more knowledgeable). While I've managed to get the EA worlds into CAW just fine, I thus far haven't managed to get the worlds BACK into my game, even just for a quick test -- I just keep getting this error, it seems regardless of how I go about it! I'm sure the secret is in importing only a select few resources back into the original Sunset Valley, but I've got no idea what I should be looking for. Do any of you crafty CAWsters know where I'm going totally wrong, or have even the slightest hunch about what I could do to get things working?
Test Subject
#468 Old 5th May 2014 at 9:01 PM
It worked, Thank you sooo much
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
(I call this the 'Second Method')
Devised by me, improved by hotroxy777

Please note: This method seems to work fine on unoccupied user made worlds, but not so well on some of the EA worlds (users are having an 'Out of memory' error). [Edit 20th Oct 2011- it does seem to work on Appaloosa Plains!] I would suggest trying the first method before this one if you are editing the EA worlds.

If you don't want to create your own resources, download the files attached to this post and extract to your desktop. The file called 'Test.zip' contains the Test Folder, the one called 'unpacked world resources.zip' contains the files to import to the world file.

To create your own resources, start here
Create a blank test world in CAW- size large, height 300. Call it Test.world.

Go to Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\ UserToolData\ Worlds and copy the Test folder to your desktop. Open Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\ UserToolData\ Worlds\ Test.world in S3Pe, and find resources UNKN 0x0477BD6A and UNKN 0x0498DA7E. Right click those, export to file and choose your desktop.

Once you have your resources, either by creating your own or by downloading mine, do this!
Now you have three files on your desktop, Test folder and the UNKN 0x0477BD6A and UNKN 0x0498DA7E resources. You could keep a copy of these to use again to open another world!

Find your packed world file, for example Bridgeport.World. Copy it to your desktop. Now, rename the Test folder to the same name as your world, for example Bridgeport (Don't put the .world extension there, just the name).

Now, open your packed world file, for example Bridgeport.World, in S3Pe. Resource> Import> From file and select your two exported resources, UNKN 0x0477BD6A and UNKN 0x0498DA7E, from your desktop. Tick the 'Replace Duplicates' and 'compress' boxes in the import dialogue box.

Delete the following if it is present: WPID 0xF609FD60. This file gives the world its identity, so you do not want to copy that (unless you are making a default replacement for an EA world). If you are opening Bridgeport or the Vacation worlds you may also need to edit UNKN 0x296A6258. See this thread for more details.

File> Save your world in S3PE (NOT Save As).

[Discard the UNKN 0x0477BD6A and UNKN 0x0498DA7E files from your desktop, unless you want to save them to use again. Also you could delete the Test.World file from Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\ UserToolData\ Worlds.]

Put your edited world file and your world folder, for example Bridgeport.World and Bridgeport folder, into Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\ UserToolData\ Worlds.

Open CAW, and see if your world will now open.

Does it work?

If so, rebuild the routing data and give it a new name/ description/ PNG image before saving as a new file name.

For information:
UNKN 0x0498DA7E- Identifies the Global Layer
UNKN 0x0477BD6A (0 Byte file) Empty resource that seems to denote a non packed file.
Test Subject
#469 Old 23rd May 2014 at 6:13 AM
Hello Simsample, I normally place my harvestables etc into my mods/packages files as I am only editing pre made worlds. I am not creating a world. Since reloading all of the sims eps and sps I cannot find the base game caw objects and harvestables in my community objects nor world editing decor things. I feel I have searched everywhere on the site and I have really only downloaded things from your referals . I hope you can help with this problem. Thanking for your very helpful info
Test Subject
#470 Old 7th Jun 2014 at 9:44 PM
Hello! I need some assistance. I went ahead and using the instructions for the method: # 1, opened Champs Les Sims nothing was edited since i like it the way it is but the problem is the world would not export! I have tried a couple suggestions in this thread but to nothing works. So my question is there a manual or alternative way to export a world? Any suggestions?
Test Subject
#471 Old 8th Jun 2014 at 5:40 PM
Default Thanks!
I had created a world a long while back and always wanted to go back and make some changes. Now I have that chance!
Test Subject
#472 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 9:13 PM
Default These methods no longer seem to work
It would appear that you can no longer edit the EA worlds in the manner described at the beginning of this thread. That is because it seems EA has updated the worlds to be non-editable by forcing the memory stream to be non-expandable. This could be caused by a patch. Here is the exact error message:

Could not import all resources - aborting.
(RK: 0x00B2D882-0x00000000-0x102A17B685755E96)

== START ==
Source: mscorlib
Assembly: mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Memory stream is not expandable.
at System.IO.MemoryStream.set_Capacity(Int32 value)

at System.IO.MemoryStream.EnsureCapacity(Int32 value)

at System.IO.MemoryStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

at System.IO.BinaryWriter.Write(Byte[] buffer)

at s3pi.Package.Compression.Dechunk(Stream stream, BinaryWriter bw)

at s3pi.Package.Compression.UncompressStream(Stream stream, Int32 filesize, Int32 memsize)

at s3pi.Package.Package.GetResource(IResourceIndexEntry rc)

at s3pi.WrapperDealer.WrapperDealer.GetResource(Int32 APIversion, IPackage pkg, IResourceIndexEntry rie, Boolean AlwaysDefault)

at S3PIDemoFE.MainForm.importPackagesCommon(String[] packageList, Boolean useNames, Boolean compress, DuplicateHandling dups, List`1 dupsList, String title, AutoSaveState autoSaveState)
-----
== END ==

Anyone else get this? And does anyone know a way around this? Thanks.
Top Secret Researcher
#473 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 8:31 PM
I just edited Oasis Landing a couple weeks ago using the methods described at the beginning of this thread.
Test Subject
#474 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Margaret Pendragon
I just edited Oasis Landing a couple weeks ago using the methods described at the beginning of this thread.

In other words, you don't have the latest patches.
Lab Assistant
#475 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 1:23 PM
Hi everyone,
for me, editing Sunlit Tides a couple of weeks ago worked just fine, but probably I don't have all the newest patches, so I guess that's not terribly helpful concerning the question above. - However, I do have another one, relating to the file size of edited premade worlds: I've noticed that after I hauled Sunlit Tides through S3PE (importing it into a new empty world etc.), the file size was increased by something like 20 MB. I thought it was probably due to objects on the general layer or whatever, and the increase would disappear anyway once I opened the world in CAW. BUT, even after deleting all lots and a vast number of trees and somesuchlike, my edited version is, in the end, LARGER than the original one. ...???...
Does anyone have a clue as to why and how to avoid this? Or do you experience the same thing, and it's normal and I just didn't notice it before? It's really annoying because I'm trying to reduce world file sizes so's I can play them on my little laptop as well ...
Page 19 of 23