Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Link Ninja
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 7:37 PM
Default Mean Sims and Enemies
So I ended up contemplating this - but I have many sims that are 'grouchy' as far as personality points go - they were just born that way, and while some of the 'meanness' manifests itself autonomously such as when they play chess and cheat, punch harder in a game of 'punch-u punch-me', and when I am not controlling them I see them wander onto a neighbor's lot and steal a newspaper - I generally DO NOT play them as 'mean' sims.

I have a habit of playing my sims very nicely i.e. I don't purposefully have them start fights or insult others and it actually stifles a diverse play. I need to start paying more attention and playing up their grouchy personality but I want o hear how others do it. I don't think there's more than two or three out of my 150-some playables that have enemies (the red face icon in relationships panel)!

So do you play up your sims 'grouchy' personality and have them be total douche-canoes to others? How much fun is it? Do you end up feeling bad for egging them on? How many enemies do your grouchy sims rack up? Do you put a story along with it?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 8:01 PM
I don't really encourage random bad behavior, but I do encourage my grouchy sims to use their grouchiness in what seem to me natural ways. For example, Paul Curian was out with his girlfriend and saw her sister getting into fights with Esteban Casa, the Grouchiest Sim in Drama Acres, and I directed him to go over and poke Esteban, to show off for his girlfriend by "defending her sister."

Esteban himself has three whole nice points, but his son Estebanico is Romance (as was the girlfriend's sister), which is how he got started down the grouchy road. He'd pick fights with his son's lovers, and the lovers of his son's lovers, and then he was in the poking habit, the trashcan was always on its side, and he couldn't be trusted to work the sales floor in his own store - I have to stick him on the register and leave sales to his relatives.

Montys picking on Capps and vice versa; canonically evil sims like Loki, Circe, and Olive picking on random people; naturally grouchy sims holding grudges against people who cheat on their friends or relatives; grouchy sims choosing to confront Evil Witches - that's about as far as I'll go, because fighting is so disruptive.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#3 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 8:10 PM
In my current neighbourhood, the majority of my sims have been born with a grouchy personality.

I'm like you though, I don't particularly play them as nasty characters. My only nasty character is my evil witch who actually is the one with a lot of nice points.

The odd fight breaks out at family gatherings however, as people react strongly to different things and I always let it play out, rather than try to rectify it. It does tend to spoil the celebrations though so I normally ask one of the participants to leave.
I did tie it into one of my stories once though. The young daughter had just grown into an adult when she and her stepmother began to fight with one another before the daughter eventually had to move out. She and her father haven't been in much contact since, even though the stepmother has since died of old age.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 8:23 PM
I have Mr No Nice Points in my game, of course - he loves to beat up everyone. He is especially good at beating up Joe Carr. Yet he is likable enough at times - even though he will beat a guest up at a house party sooner or later - and, at first, it was bad for his reputation and he was fired or demoted - now he is so good at beating up random Sims that his reputation is going up! When he maxed the body skill, he became the fighting champ of Sim world and floored both Joe Carr and Kennedy Cox at the same outing.

In a way it is fun. Send Sim to a community lot and in the background Mr No Nice Points turns up and beat some random Sim while most of the visitors on the community lot are cheering. So if I see him arriving, I start looking if I can find the likely victim.He does not, however, fight with his (small number) of friends or with his relatives - well, perhaps not yet. Forcing him to gain charisma skills (he has 9 points now) seemed to have made a slight difference. He started fighting Sims who poke his friends
Link Ninja
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I have Mr No Nice Points in my game, of course - he loves to beat up everyone. He is especially good at beating up Joe Carr. Yet he is likable enough at times - even though he will beat a guest up at a house party sooner or later - and, at first, it was bad for his reputation and he was fired or demoted - now he is so good at beating up random Sims that his reputation is going up! When he maxed the body skill, he became the fighting champ of Sim world and floored both Joe Carr and Kennedy Cox at the same outing.

In a way it is fun. Send Sim to a community lot and in the background Mr No Nice Points turns up and beat some random Sim while most of the visitors on the community lot are cheering. So if I see him arriving, I start looking if I can find the likely victim.He does not, however, fight with his (small number) of friends or with his relatives - well, perhaps not yet. Forcing him to gain charisma skills (he has 9 points now) seemed to have made a slight difference. He started fighting Sims who poke his friends

So in those instances, you say you are sending a sim to a community lot and Mr. No Nice Points 'Shows up' but do you ever send Mr. No Nice Points to a community lot to specifically beat someone up?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#6 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 9:12 PM
A lot of my sims in my megahood are grouchy. I'm not sure why, that's just how it turned out. Some I let work in the criminal career track or other 'shady' businesses, and others I treat as normal sims and let them be grouchy on their own time. I never encourage Sims to do anything mean to each other. I let sims make enemies though if they want to, the only times I stop them is when they're constantly autonomously fighting - because I don't like them constantly getting the memories, or how other sims stop everything they're doing to cheer (even the parents!) - Vidcund and Bella have twins together; Vanessa and Vincent Bachelor - they fight all the time, and it's become very troublesome to keep them both occupied, their parents have considered splitting up over it - or sending each twin off to live with a different family member - Aunt Jenny has a spare bedroom and so does their half-brother Alexander until his son is old enough to use a bed.

Speaking of which, Nervous & Pascal's daughter has 0 nice points at all (compared to her 10-nice points siblings!) - I'm not looking forward to her getting older. She's just turned into a child and I dread the day someone brings her home from school and she starts fighting with them.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#7 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 9:13 PM
How mean sims act out their meanness depends on secondary factors, I think. Active ones would be more likely to beat up people, outgoing ones are more vocal (mean dialogue options), neat ones might find ways within the system to cause others discomfort (like unwarranted extra chores for minors) and so on. Mean family sims might put up their kids for adoption if they express recessive genes that make them look as if the milkman might be papa... that sort of thing.

More important to my gameplay is a sim's social standing and their grasp of their actions' consequences. A high-ranking noble will think twice about getting into a brawl. I have them found their own gangs (join the criminal career) or pay someone else that they send out to do their dirty work. So I do I try to find outlets for mean sims, but do not often have them act outright violent, because that has consequences. In the end it matters little, because my subtle nudging opens the way for autonomous brawls on community lots often enough.

Even lawless Port Priesnitz has some sort of order, only it's first rule is do not anger the mayor. When the Sheriff was harassed at the phone by a townie each afternoon (she wanted to speak the sheriff's foster son who had moved out) he invited the townie over, shot her with a cc weapon and buried her in the garden. He isn't even particularly mean (3 or 4 points niceness, I think), but the circumstances were fitting ("I'm taking it upon myself to bring order to this town and cannot afford to pull any punches!"). Our vigilante would even have gone away with it, had not the townie been in the criminal career (an underling of the mayor, that is). But as long as nobody meets the ghost, the man is covered.
Alchemist
#8 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 9:29 PM
I generally do the Apologize social with sims it is available with.

only Grouchy sims in my game are these::
- pre-made characters that start out Grouchy
-game generated characters that start as Grouchy
never create Grouchy sims in Create-A-Sim.
Scholar
#9 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 9:41 PM
I love mean and grouchy sims. I don't know why, but nice sims are kind of annoying at times? I feel like they get upset too easily? Maybe its just pessimistic me? There's the fact that grouchy and mean sims are mildly entertaining- they're really dramatic when angry. Still, there are "average" sims and super nice ones too, I just happen to prefer the mean ones. The fights though, you can't deny how funny they can be at times. They make very important lessons in my game. If they make enemies, and don't apologise there will be consequences (I get rid of prized possessions, end certain friends/ family members. Sort of like karma(?). All sims must try their best to be "nice", or at the very least get along with one another. Sometimes I set their personality because I have something else in mind- like what career they'll follow, how long it'll take for offspring to have a totally different personality.
Scholar
#10 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 9:43 PM
I've had my share of Scorpios - technically bred for Fortune and (evil) Popularity style aspirations, but also fun as a Knowledge or Romance Sim - and they've all had their fair share of enemies. I allow them to bring down the full force of their grouch upon anyone who annoys or irritates their nicer friends.

My first CAS-made YA female, Shanythra Shane, was one of those Scorpios. Highly Neat, Active and Outgoing, and not a single Nice point! Man, did I have fun letting her beat up lecherous Drama Profs. With other sims, playing grouchy was never as much fun as with her. Her trashcan was the target of many a neighbor :D
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 10:29 PM
Ah there's nothing like a good punch up. My favourite time was when Amelia Vaughan married Kennedy Cox. Amelia's ex was invited. Didn't end well and then all their (adult) kids acted shocked when she kissed her new husband. Glory days.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#12 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 11:03 PM Last edited by Peni Griffin : 23rd Mar 2016 at 1:06 AM.
Noa, I think you'll find that when nice sims do finally get mad, they are implacable! Harris Hawkins and his 10 nice points still seek out his brother-in-law Clovis Point at every family gathering (and Hawkinses have a lot of family gatherings) to beat him up again for cheating on Harris's sister Sadie (now Clovis's wife) way back before they were married. Sadie's cheated on Clovis since the marriage more often than he's cheated on her (they're both Romance) but this makes no difference whatsoever to Harris! Sadie and Harris's mother Kitty, also with 10 nice points, was at one time enemies with both Clovis and her daughter Pigeon's husband Ezekial - and Ezekial never cheated on Pigeon in his life, never looked at another woman without thinking smugly that he had a better one than that, but he gave every appearance of thinking that Kitty took her daughter for granted and was up in her face about it for ages. Zeke and Kitty finally called a truce after sharing a house for awhile, and Clovis finally got round her after a particularly grueling family vacation in which Kitty upset her grandchildren quite a bit before she spent enough hot tub time with her son-in-law to lose the enemy tags.

Kitty's husband Goz only had one nice point, but he never had time to make an enemy. He occasionally appeared on community lots to glower at, make threatening gestures, and poke men he thought were not respecting their womenfolks enough, though.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Meet Me In My Next Life
#13 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 11:18 PM
Well just as in the real world there are good personalities and bad one, so be it with the Sims. In fact my game live off of who don't like each other or who is most grouchy.
Those grouchy Sims must be "very lonely" they won't spend the time of day to just talk normal to another Sims without having a "bad attitude" or putting their fingers in their ears, or walking away.

I think two perfect example of a "grouchy Sims" are these Sims as follow:

1. Mortimer Goth - He can be a pain in the butt and please don't get caught looking in the telescope during the day time.
2.Consort Capp- ( Veronaville ) that Sims is rich and have a very bad attiiude, one reason why he's rich is because he do not "spent a dime" buying a newpaper. Instead he known for stealing other Sims newpaper.

But in my opinion only one Sims get the "Top Trophy" for grouchiness and the winner is Mrs. Crumplebottom that old bat of a hag is just so bad.
To the point a Mod was made just for her behaviors , you either like her or not. I like her because she add drama to the game.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Forum Resident
#14 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 11:24 PM
At least my mean sims don't constantly roll wants to flirt with their friends and neighbors. My nice sims get a bit too nice.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Alchemist
#15 Old 23rd Mar 2016 at 1:01 AM
I play them as mean. I also have the "fight anyone any time" mod, so there are a lot of brawls in my hood. I do feel bad when a Sim repeatedly targets and bullies a nice Sim, and I'll cancel the mean interactions. This usually happens in households, so in these cases I'll often send someone to college early to keep the peace.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 23rd Mar 2016 at 1:27 AM
I don't really send him anywhere in order to beat anyone up. Yet if he wants to go out, go shopping, go on vacation, then I send him knowing he will beat somebody up along the way. He does not always start it - Joe Carr and Kennedy Cox are probably faster to pick the fight - but - ah, you know, he has the right to defend himself
Scholar
#17 Old 23rd Mar 2016 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I don't really send him anywhere in order to beat anyone up.

Exactly! Neither do I. But if a sim asks to be beaten up, and my sim is present to grant their request, I won't stop him/her from beating the living excrement out of the perp, in order to defend the victim, their helpless nice friend.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 3:54 PM
Out of my 6 playables in my current custom hood, half have almost no nice points at all, while the other three are basically maxed out. I usually don't interfere with my sims' autonomous 'choices', but triple bolts chemistry is still rare enough for me that I stop the grouchy sims from pissing each other off when they have it. It's like 'Stop you idiot - picking on someone doesn't mean you like them!'

That said, in one house, two brothers are sharing with a friend from uni, and the elder has no nice points while the younger has loads. The elder brother constantly picks on the friend, poking him and saying mean things. The friend has loads of nice points (despite being a playboy romance sim with two girls on the go, one of whom is preggers). He usually just walks away to cry by himself, and it gets pitiful enough after a while that I separate them. <sigh> Sims.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 7:09 PM
I have lots of grumps.

I don't play them as mean, but rather that they don't suffer fools and are very proud. Sure, sometimes they get into fights and get the red faced enemy icon, but then I'll direct them to take the steps needed to get that status to go away, as the trash kicking, stalking and poking gets annoying.
Inventor
#20 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 8:38 PM
I created Dr Fu Manchu to populate the Pleasantview graveyard. He will greet a passer-by, plant an axe in his forehead, and then giggle. Or he will greet a passer-by, unlock the cowplant's gate, and then stroll away nonchalantly. He became an evil wizard so he could visit thunderstorms and cockroaches on community lots. He tried out the 'Tabula rasa' spell on poor Cyd Roseland, and ruined his life. The doctor is working to become a mad scientist. He lives alone in his dismal castle, but he likes it that way. I visit him when I've had it up to here with nice sims.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 9:31 PM
And here I thought my Sim was mean
Forum Resident
#22 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 10:27 PM
I had a mean female sim at a dorm. She became a witch and cast a spell on a girl who flirted with her boyfriend. She made her fat and later when she became an evil witch, she made her act crazy in front of everyone. Then there were the serial killers in another hood. They killed so many sims that their house was so haunted that anyone who stayed overnight was sure to die of fright. I can't tell you how many townies they locked in the house and killed that way. Oh, and Tina Traveller Gavigan made a woman that slept with her husband pee her pants using the voodoo doll. Most grumpy sims, though, I don't direct to do anything mean.