Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Apr 2016 at 5:19 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Apartment Life
Default Keep the same Sim poise
Whenever we do a "make over" to a sim, his/her poise will look differently. Is there a way to stay in only one poise after no matter how many times we do a "make over" to a sim? Can SimPE do the job? I hope smoeone can help.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Apr 2016 at 4:04 PM
Do you mean pose?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#3 Old 11th Apr 2016 at 8:38 PM
I think they're asking for the portrait of a sim in the panel to not change when giving them a change of makeup or clothing change.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 11th Apr 2016 at 9:09 PM
But sims don't move in those situations. I wonder if the OP is thinking of TS3 or 4? Unless they mean when they first build them in CAS. There is a mod for that.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 11th Apr 2016 at 11:43 PM
The portrait changes. I think there are 4-8 different poses per age. Sometime after Seasons, the portrait started changing every time you changed clothes or appearance on the sim. I'm pretty sure there was a mod for stopping it or fix it some other way. This topic might be of help: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=479165
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 12th Apr 2016 at 12:18 AM
I don't think there was ever a complete fix for that.

Field Researcher
#7 Old 12th Apr 2016 at 9:48 AM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Apr 2016 at 8:50 PM
Thanks for your replies first of all. I think my asking was not thorough enough. Yes, it's about the "portrait changes". In order to avoid frequent portrait changes, I installed the expansion packs up to Seasons. I have tried the "hexagonal-bipyramid", thanks wert700. It works but unfortunately not the pose I wanted. So there must be a way to do it.

The thing is among all the portrait looks I just like one. I can get it after the "face lift" but it takes too much times on the "make over". So I was thinking if there's a way to show that partticular pose after or even before doing the "fix appearance"?...meaning that there's only one portrait looks and it won't be changed no matter how many times you do the "make over".
Mad Poster
#9 Old 12th Apr 2016 at 10:06 PM
If you're a bit SimPE savvy, you can possibly extract the pose(s) you want from the game files, and use the setup in the mod above to make your own file. I'm prety sure it's about the same way you'd make the animation file for a posebox, but I'm not entirely sure if the instance numbers have to be the same as the originals (for poseboxes you usuallly do "fix TGI" for each anim resource, and change the boxes in the Resource tab).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Apr 2016 at 9:59 AM
I tried and couldn't do it with the SimPE. It seems too hard for me.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 13th Apr 2016 at 6:48 PM
Did you see that Hexa made a tutorial too? http://hexagonal-bipyramid.tumblr.c...-this-and-i-did
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 8:24 PM
[QUOTE=Lili975]Did you see that Hexa made a tutorial too? http://hexagonal-bipyramid.tumblr.c...-this-and-i-did[/QUOTE

Yes, I did. But I couldn't find a way to make the Package file.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 9:48 PM
Yeah, the tutorial isn't very detailed, or let's say it sounds like it's meant for people with a good familiarity of more than the basic functionalities.

File>New in the main menu. Or the white page in the icon menu (if you hover your mouse over it it should say "Create new package").
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 30th Apr 2016 at 4:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
Yeah, the tutorial isn't very detailed, or let's say it sounds like it's meant for people with a good familiarity of more than the basic functionalities.

File>New in the main menu. Or the white page in the icon menu (if you hover your mouse over it it should say "Create new package").

Thanks for the tip, Lili975. As I mentioned earlier, is it possible to choose just ONE portrail pose to be displayed in the game no matter how many times you do the "face lift/or make over" the pose will not change to another one. I have tried so many ways but couldn't make it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 1st May 2016 at 5:09 AM
Thank God, I made it this time!
Forum Resident
#16 Old 2nd May 2016 at 12:00 AM
There are eight different poses per age, per gender. Eight female baby poses, eight male baby poses, eight female toddler poses, eight male toddler poses, eight female child poses, eight male child poses, eight female adult poses, and eight male adult poses. The teenagers, young adults, and elders share the same poses as the adults of the respective genders.