Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 9:33 PM
Default Any in-game cheats to make fully genetic aliens in CAS?
I have "captured" loads of actual aliens in my game...so many I can populate worlds with them and their offspring, so my question is not about GETTING aliens in game easily, its about something a bit different.

I need a few sets of unrelated teenage alien twins for story purposes..real, genetic aliens.

I got one set in the following way: sent an alien couple to Oasis Landing to have two babies genetically engineered on the same day so I could pick gender and have them be same age. I then tweaked the appearance of each twin upon teenage-hood by taking them into CAS.

This is a tedious process though, requiring me to use many different couples if I don't want all those twins related to each other, as well as raising toddlers, which is not fun to me (sorry toddler lovers!) and I'm wondering if I haven't missed some much easier cheat to accomplish same thing. Yes, i did Google..came up with nothing, thats why I am asking here.

I prefer to keep custom content to a minimum in my Sims 3 game, but will consider mods if that is the only way. On a Mac, if that info helps.

MTS does not allow us to delete our accounts. I will not be logging into this account anymore, so PMs would go unanswered.
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 9:42 PM
MasterController allows you to turn any Sim into a full alien and also determine how much of an alien they should be, based on percentage (full alien being 100%). It's Sim/Intermediate/Alien DNA Percentage. You might need the Cheats module in addition to the MC base mod.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 9:55 PM
So, no way except via mods yes?

Re MC:
Do the sims have to be put into the world first, then altered? Or can they be made aliens straight out of Create a Household. I want to place families with single human parents and twin alien teens. They need to have alien eyes too...genetic ones, not contacts or whatever.

How much of a resource hog is MC? Right now my game plays smooth as butter and everything renders right quick..my only gameplay issues are memory related: having to save every 15 mins to prevent error messages and logging out and clearing caches every 1.5 hours to purge memory. (And that damn "please insert disc" message I get intermittently, which I already asked about)

Will MC make my game all stuttery, as I see peoples games doing in lots of "Lets Plays!"

MTS does not allow us to delete our accounts. I will not be logging into this account anymore, so PMs would go unanswered.
#4 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 10:20 PM
I don't think that MC has any impact on game performance. It's only active when you use it. It gives you more control over Sims and the neighbourhood. I've been using it since almost day 1, however, so I don't know how the game performs without it. I definitely recommend it, and if you also add the Integration module you'll have a much safer CAS. The "Edit in CAS" cheat is very unsafe in comparison to MC's Edit in CAS command.

And re: the aliens. No, you can't make them in CAS, only in-game with existing Sims in a household. They will receive the black eyes, but it can be that you need to reload first in order for these to show fully. So, you make the parents, then the twins, place them in a house, and then you click on each teen and turn them into aliens. You can make this either while they are active or if you play another household. Doesn't matter.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 10:27 PM
Hmm, I had no idea the "Edit in CAS" cheat was unsafe in any way. What exactly happens? I've used it before and not seen any *obvious* problems. Is it something Very Bad that crops up later with those in-game CAS altered sims?
*worries*

Thanks for thorough explantation.

#6 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 11:06 PM
Sims can change their age randomly, some slider settings can get lost, and, according to NRaas, character data can go corrupt. It's not overly tragic, I think. It's just what *could* happen. It doesn't mean that it will.
What you shouldn't do in any case is to use the cheat to age Sims up or down. Use MasterController and even then only sparingly.
#8 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 1:51 AM
Funnily enough, though, aliens cannot be assigned to the bot shop register. Or rather, it is not funny, but sad
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 5:31 AM
Soo..changing ages of my captured aliens is also bad? Sigh. I've been doing that too for a few years also.

If I get those elderly aliens showing up on my worlds I take them in anyway and edit their age to a prime breeding age when I edit their appearance.

And yes, nitromon, I've noticed that the ones I take in to my families do get replaced with new ones . (I hit agree)

This time I want 3 sets of teen alien twins, so I had to think of another method for getting them into my game besides dragooning game generated visitors for my purposes. Breeding is too slow.

I will look into the Master Controller because having to send three more couples to Oasis Landing and raising 6 more toddlers is not what I want to do with my simming time.

The reason I am trying to do this is I've been chronicling (in my absurd Simblr), the lives of four sets of Sims 2 alien twins and now I am bringing them all into an alternate existence in my Sims 3 game.

#10 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 10:24 AM
As I said, it does not necessarily break Sims when you take them into CAS with the cheat. It did for me at least once, though, so it can happen.

Why don't you just make them in CAS in Create Household, all the sliders for aliens are already there and the black eyes are just an overlay that comes with the alien status, and add them to your world and turn them into aliens later with MasterController? That method works in any case. I recently made 24 aliens for my save in Lunar Lakes as role Sims for bars and shops. You can add the alien DNA to several Sims at once, so there isn't even the need to go through them one by one. The only thing that will be missing for these is the locked alien outfits.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 10:51 AM
I have used one method for a while - you need an alien saved to your CAS bin. Create your family along with your planned alien teens. Save the teens to the bin and delete them. Hit "Create new sim" until an alien is loaded. Replace that alien with one of your teens from the bin and it should still be an alien

omnis mundi creatura
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 2:08 PM
I didn't know you could use MasterController to make several at once! This sounds like the ideal, fast solution. I will test it out soon, thanks.

I appreciate the help everyone.

Test Subject
#13 Old 24th Dec 2015 at 5:40 AM Last edited by gaosborn : 24th Dec 2015 at 5:56 AM.
DebugEnabler can be used to create alien members of your household. Click the ground and select/create/alien, then the sex. Do it again.
With mc edit the parents if you desire.
Then use Master Controller to pollinate one of them. Pregnancy controller, available on mts, will allow you to set twins and have babies at once.
Do as you wish with the parents. Move the twins where you wish with mc.
Use relatively to slow time if needed.
Then do it again. ..
Field Researcher
#14 Old 24th Dec 2015 at 8:46 AM
You're going to want to use MC over DebugEnabler whenever possible. This is because DebugEnabler mostly uses EA's code, which is not always reliable. MC uses Twallan's code, which is known to be very reliable.

Again, DebugEnabler works perfectly fine in most cases, but MC is safer.

Common sense is one of nature's great ironies... It turns out common sense isn't so common.

Please see my new journal for news on my mods as well as requests.
Test Subject
#15 Old 24th Dec 2015 at 9:38 AM
As yet I'v never had a problem with a nraas mod other than the default settings which can be as flakey as any thing EA came up with.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 24th Dec 2015 at 11:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gaosborn
As yet I'v never had a problem with a nraas mod other than the default settings which can be as flakey as any thing EA came up with.

DebugEnabler is merely a path into commands already built into the game that EA did not provide an interface for. As you can see from its documentation page, even we don't know what half of them were supposed to do. Some of them are extremely valuable but generally speaking, if there is another way (testingcheats, MasterController, etc.), the other way is usually better and safer.

As for the default settings, one player's great dream is another player's flaky nightmare. There is no way to get those right for everyone all at the same time. You are cordially invited to not use the default settings as you wish.
Test Subject
#17 Old 24th Dec 2015 at 12:44 PM
To me the Sims is unplayable with out nraas. On the other hand a major issue in starting a new game is setting up the nraas mods.

The whole cast setup is screwy. Not to mention whoohoo.

Come on by default you can have same sex pregnancy but not teen?
Test Subject
#18 Old 24th Dec 2015 at 1:00 PM
DebugEnabler is my most used nraas mod as I use it to build community lots in my worlds.
I have not had a game crash since I stopped using EA worlds.
Site Helper
#19 Old 26th Dec 2015 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kin.gyo1413
I have used one method for a while - you need an alien saved to your CAS bin. Create your family along with your planned alien teens. Save the teens to the bin and delete them. Hit "Create new sim" until an alien is loaded. Replace that alien with one of your teens from the bin and it should still be an alien

I don't have Into the Future, but why wouldn't it work to have two aliens in the CAS bin, and then just pull your alien sims out of the CAS bin and "CAS-breed" (roll the pacifier) for your alien teens? Each new family created is unrelated to any others, and you can do a few minor tweaks if you think they are looking too much alike.

Of course, this method does end up with the potential of creating a few dozen sims that you were interested in, but not right now. (And a few more that you accidentally overwrite by forgetting to hit "Create New Sim" before rolling the pacifier again.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 26th Dec 2015 at 7:44 PM
Ghost sjoj:
I thought I remembered trying it that way long ago, only to discover that aliens saved to bin lose those alien powers whereas those saved in households to library keep their powers.
Has some patch changed that and I never knew about it?

Hopefully this weekend, with the cancellation of one of the holiday events I was supposed to prepare for, I may get time to test the above suggestions about Master Controller and Cheat module, which I have downloaded.

Lab Assistant
#21 Old 26th Dec 2015 at 11:34 PM
When you open CAS it randomly selects one of the young adults in it's sim bin, if you have a couple of aliens in there then you have a chance of them being selected, those I believe can be loaded into the game with their alien abilities intact, but manually selecting them from the sim bin in CAS causes them to lose their Alien DNA, which is why you need to use MC to give them it back in game.

With MC you can turn any sim into an alien by adding the alien DNA, but any babies they have will always have green skin no matter what color the parents have, so you have to get used to using mods to mess around with them.
Site Helper
#22 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 6:24 PM
Seriously? If the game randomly pulls an alien out of the bin it stays an alien, but if YOU pull it out it's just a funny-looking human?

And Twallan proves once again that one man can do what all of EA could not!

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Forum Resident
#23 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 8:10 PM
I've made loads of aliens with nraas, no problems that I'm aware of. Haven't noticed the sim bin problem. Could not play the game without nraas mods, totally rely on master controller.