Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 6:10 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Super Duper Hug Bug?
How do i know if i've been infected by this annoying and apparently incurable, but not lethal, disease?

It only affects a few lots/hoods while others may still be apparently normal?

How does it spreads to other lots/hoods?

Infected lots are the only host to SDHB, or are there other forms of spreading this thing?
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 7:30 PM
You'd see an option to Super Duper Hug in sim interactions. Or you'd see them hugging a lot and not be able to distract them.

If you have it, it will eventually infect your whole game.

There are mods that suppress it and return your game to normal. However, you should not share any lots you make from that game.

I can post the links for the supressor mods though I'm about to serve dinner so it won't be till later. It's likely someone will come along in the meantime and let you know anyway.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 8:08 PM
You need to install No Sim Loaded http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/thread-1665.html With that you need Cyjon's Smarter EP-check. The link to that is in the description on the NSL page. Since you already have the Hug the mod can only hide it. This mod needs to be placed into a clean game to prevent it and is one of the essential mods. Make sure you have the other essential mods of No Corrupt Death and NO Link on Delete by Pescado and Creature Fixes if you plan to play vampires.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You need to install No Sim Loaded http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/thread-1665.html With that you need Cyjon's Smarter EP-check. The link to that is in the description on the NSL page. Since you already have the Hug the mod can only hide it. This mod needs to be placed into a clean game to prevent it and is one of the essential mods. Make sure you have the other essential mods of No Corrupt Death and NO Link on Delete by Pescado and Creature Fixes if you plan to play vampires.

I have the Mods you mention except for Creature Fixes. What is Creature Fixes about and where would I find it please?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 12:14 AM
Creature fixes is needed if you play vampires, it prevents any vampire from biting Mrs Crumplebottom and frying your game installation. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=1482.0

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#6 Old 15th Feb 2016 at 2:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tucato100
How do i know if i've been infected by this annoying and apparently incurable, but not lethal, disease?

It only affects a few lots/hoods while others may still be apparently normal?

How does it spreads to other lots/hoods?

Infected lots are the only host to SDHB, or are there other forms of spreading this thing?

You can pick up the Hug via infected lots or by installing and then removing a sloppily mad social hack. It spreads to any hood opened while the infection is active, but does not affect your program files. Starting your game again clean (by renaming your Sims 2 folder) and not transferring ANYTHING from your infected game will kill it, but of course then you've lost your infected game.

Infected lots are the only way to spread the Hug from one person to another. If you've determined that you have the Hug, the best thing to do from a politeness and public health standpoint is to not share lots. If you want to share lots but don't want to give up your infected game permanently, you can rename your Sims 2 folder to generate a new, clean game. Then build your lots to share in that new, clean game. Once again, don't transfer ANYTHING from your infected game. When you want to play your infected game, just rename the folders again. If you share lots made in an infected game, be sure that you disclose that you have the Hug! Then people can make a properly informed decision about downloading.

However, it sounds like you're not sure you have the Hug in the first place. If you don't, just install No Sim Loaded and never worry about it again. No Sim Loaded is a vaccine, not a cure, but it's a very effective vaccine.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15