Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 4:54 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default Sims 2 Super Collection HELP
I want to get rid of the mosaic pattern on my sims overtime they undress, take a shower, etc. Is there anyone who knows how to manipulate that on this new Mac version of the Sims 2? Also, I have been having trouble with downloading some CC. Overtime I attempt to download Sims characters they never show up on my game. Is there a Mac user out there that had any recommendations for an unzip program for Mac? Because I think that might be my problem.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 5:39 PM
Does Quaxi's no mosaic mod not work on Macs?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#3 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 5:55 PM
This is the one i have been using for a long time now and it is made if you use See Them from http://simsky.parsimonious.org/proggie/en_st2.php

I dont know if this program will work for mac of not but i will upload the one that it makes and just put it in your downloads folder and see.

Let me know when you get it so i can remove it.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  censor.7z (4.3 KB, 19 downloads) - View custom content

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 6:59 PM
I never really understand why people use that programme (well launcher modifier, I think) because you can do all that with a userstartup.cheat file and Quaxi's censor mod in your Downloads folder. You'd save all the disk space it takes up for a start and, as I think it overwrites the userstartup.cheat file (not sure), that means you can't have anything else in there that you might want. And as it's an .exe file, I'd guess it's not likely to work on a Mac. Anyway, Quaxi's mod is here - there are three versions. Not sure which version the OP would need but it's up to you to check Yixing.

http://simpeforum.ambertation.de/si...ur-from-my-sims

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 7:21 PM
The one i posted works in all game setup from base game up to M&G. I use to use that program untill i found out about userstartup.cheat and now i only keep it around for the censor it has.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Theorist
#6 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 1:54 AM
Neither of those will work with a Mac. The one Marka posted is an .exe, which is not Mac-compatible, and the ones maxon linked to appear to be corrupted and will not open. (I tried last year on a computer running Snow Leopard. You may want to try again; maybe a newer OS will get better results. I just wouldn't hold my breath...) I'm afraid I don't have an answer to the censor blur question, though. I'm sorry.

However, I can recommend The Unarchiver as a great, free program for uncompressing just about any type of file you're likely to come across.: http://wakaba.c3.cx/s/apps/unarchiver.html

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Theorist
#7 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 3:00 AM
Does SimPE work with Macs? I check the box there to get rid of it.
Theorist
#8 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 3:07 AM
Unfortunately, SimPE does not work with Macs.

Mad Poster
#9 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 3:37 AM
The one I posted in post #3 is the actual censor remover and is a SimPE file and not the install exe for the program.

Unless mac see it as such.

Theorist
#10 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 3:59 AM
@marka93 Hmmm... when I tried that program on my Mac last year, I got a .exe, but that must have been the installer file I ended up with. The one in post #3 is indeed a .package file (you must have extracted it ) so it might work for @Yixing95

I'm on Boot Camp now, so I can't test tonight. I might be able to test tomorrow on my old Snow Leopard laptop, if OP needs testing and hasn't tried it yet.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 11:36 AM Last edited by maxon : 7th Feb 2015 at 12:15 PM.
I'm surprised the Quaxi no censor files downloads are no longer working. I do have the Pets version if the OP wants them. We maybe should try and upload those somewhere. I might post over at SimPE and see if anyone can put the DLs back up. Problem is there is hardly anyone around over there nowadays.

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#12 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 12:43 PM
I'm not sure about that - someone fixed the GUID database over there in the last couple of years, so maybe it's not as dead as it seems.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Theorist
#13 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I'm surprised the Quaxi no censor files downloads are no longer working. I do have the Pets version if the OP wants them. We maybe should try and upload those somewhere. I might post over at SimPE and see if anyone can put the DLs back up. Problem is there is hardly anyone around over there nowadays.

I believe I Inge was in on the last doings of SimPE (iirc) and I've seen that she is still active here on MTS. Maybe PM her and see what she might know.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#14 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 5:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
I'm not sure about that - someone fixed the GUID database over there in the last couple of years, so maybe it's not as dead as it seems.

Is that so? I might grab another batch of numbers then. Thanks.

Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
I believe I Inge was in on the last doings of SimPE (iirc) and I've seen that she is still active here on MTS. Maybe PM her and see what she might know.

Yes, she was but she's also made it quite clear that she's no longer interested in supporting TS2 stuffs.

Theorist
#15 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Is that so? I might grab another batch of numbers then. Thanks.

Yes, she was but she's also made it quite clear that she's no longer interested in supporting TS2 stuffs.

bummer ... I wish all the old (past) TS2 creators were still around and loved it now as much as they did then .. but I guess it's true the only constant thing in life .. is change .
I can understand her and others in movin one .. but doesn't mean I can't wish it was different :D
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#16 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 6:17 PM
I could ask her about posting priviliges maybe? I'm not sure who moderates(d) over there but I did used to post a bit since I was on the QA group for SimPE. I wouldn't mind fixing Quaxi's files.

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#17 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 7:14 PM
Inge told me that it wasn't she who fixed the database, so presumably there's someone else floating around too.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#19 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 9:32 PM
But can you open them because I can't?

Edit: actually Ghost seems to be posting over there.

Test Subject
#21 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 2:45 PM
The Super Collection is running fine on my Mac Pro (Yosemite 10.10.5) except for one maddening problem.

When I pause the game and use the tab key to better frame my photos/pictures in camera mode, all goes well until I'm finished and hit the tab key to get out of camera mode. The screen does not return to normal, but appears to show nothing but sky -- a lovely light blue. Nothing I do can get the normal view back! The game continues to play -- I can hear the simmies talking or playing the piano, or whatever they were doing when I entered camera view. In short, my interaction is impossible.

The only way to get out of it is to return to the neighborhood view without saving. Has anyone else encountered this mess? Is camera mode totally broken, or am I doing something wrong?

While I'm very knowledgeable about the Sims 2, I've only played it on a PC (for 10 years). I'm not a Mac novice, either, but this is my first experience with playing Sims 2 on a Mac. The keyboards are very different.

Thank you, in advance, to anyone that might offer me a solution, or at least some sympathy.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 2:55 PM
Quaxi's version DOES work on macs. Download it

ETA: If I have every EP and SP (except holiday stuff) which version do I download ? back then I used to download the night life version but I'm not sure :/
Theorist
#23 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 3:51 PM
@Lightheart Sometime when you come out of cameraman mode, the camera goes to a funny angle. (For me, it's usually pointing down at the hose at like a 42 degree angle, unless it's a lovely view of the sky.) Go back into cameraman mode and adjust the angle of the camera, then go back into normal mode. After just a little trial and error, you'll figure out how to compensate if the camera goes wonky. F'r instance, when I get the 42-degree-angle thing, I have to go into cameraman mode and point the camera at the sky. That puts it back at the right angle when I go into live mode, although I generally have to zoom in again. If I go out of cameraman mode and get the sky, I generally have to go back in and get a really good look at the baseboards. YMMV on exact angles, but I believe the theory should work for you as well.

Test Subject
#24 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 10:08 PM
esmeiolanthe, you've come to my rescue again. I tried the camera mode twice today, and reversed the steps (Q, E, A, D) before leaving tab mode, and it worked both times. I'm so relieved, because taking good pictures has always been a high priority in my game. I've also learned to save the game just before going into tab-camera mode, just in case.
Thank you, again, for your help.
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 8:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MileyTheSimmer
Quaxi's version DOES work on macs. Download it

ETA: If I have every EP and SP (except holiday stuff) which version do I download ? back then I used to download the night life version but I'm not sure :/

This link does not work, just like HugeLunatics link does not work. Went to the SimPE site and looked around as well.

Can someone help?
Page 1 of 2