Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 8:25 PM Last edited by marinka512 : 10th Feb 2016 at 7:36 AM. Reason: Solved/Answered

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Extracting a family from an old game files
Hi guys! I've played on and off for years but am not tech savvy and have never posted before, but could not find what I am looking for, so any help would be appreciated. I've recently reloaded my S2 game and all the expansions and am slowly adding in custom content and prepping the game for play. I have had several past games become corrupt due to stupid things I did that I thought were ok (deleting families, etc. that I've since learned eventually borked my game) and now want to start from scratch. I don't mind losing most of my families, but there are a few in past games that I'd like to play again-- specifically my family (with my Sim self as a teen). I would not normally be so sentimental, but managed to recreate my parents and they had 5 kids -- in the right order and with personalities resembling myself and my siblings! (This recreation happened shortly after my little brother was killed and as the 3 year anniversary of his death just passed, in his memory, I'd love to have him 'live on" in my game.) All this to say-- if anyone can help advise on how to extract the family (and maybe few others once I learn) safely and transfer to the new game without ruining another game-- I would be super grateful! I've heard of ways to extract Sims with SimPE (which I've never used), but not sure if I can do the whole family, or with the house or anything. I would need some pretty detailed help (and if you can avoid making me feel like a total idiot, bonus points for you! ), if there's even a way to do this.

Thank you!!
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 10:23 PM
Extract them with SimSurgery using SimPE and then make the family fresh in your new neighbourhood using CAS.
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...act_In-Game_Sim

For the lot, you can move the family out and put the lot in the lotbin. Then open up the lot package file in SimPE and remove all sim information. Details here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...042#post4885042

Then, you can place the lot in your new neighbourhood and move your newly created family back in.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 10:28 PM
What you have to do is place your old corrupted hood into your new sims 2 folder and load up SimPE and see if you can find your sims in there. Then you extract the sims likeness. After that you open bodyshop and make a clone of the extracted sim and delete the extracted sim. You now have a clean sim who looks like your old sim. if you want them to really be as clsoe as possible to the old sim you will want to jot down stats and things from the old sim and apply them to the new sim. So if the original sim was 3 grumpy and 10 neat and had nature as their hobby and liked to talk about money and food but stuck his fingers in his ears anytime culture was brought up, you will want to set the clone up the same way. If you can't remeber everything and can't see the details on your original sim in SimPE you will have to guess.
http://pixel-trade.livejournal.com/16091.html

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 10:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Extract them with SimSurgery using SimPE and then make the family fresh in your new neighbourhood using CAS.
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...act_In-Game_Sim

For the lot, you can move the family out and put the lot in the lotbin. Then open up the lot package file in SimPE and remove all sim information. Details here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...042#post4885042

Then, you can place the lot in your new neighbourhood and move your newly created family back in.

I will try this. Thank you so much for your response! (Didn't get a notification of any kind and had no idea I got a response... :-/ )

Just to be clear, there's no way to extract the whole family as they are, correct?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 10:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
What you have to do is place your old corrupted hood into your new sims 2 folder and load up SimPE and see if you can find your sims in there. Then you extract the sims likeness. After that you open bodyshop and make a clone of the extracted sim and delete the extracted sim. You now have a clean sim who looks like your old sim. if you want them to really be as clsoe as possible to the old sim you will want to jot down stats and things from the old sim and apply them to the new sim. So if the original sim was 3 grumpy and 10 neat and had nature as their hobby and liked to talk about money and food but stuck his fingers in his ears anytime culture was brought up, you will want to set the clone up the same way. If you can't remeber everything and can't see the details on your original sim in SimPE you will have to guess.
http://pixel-trade.livejournal.com/16091.html

I have the Sim info for the family somewhere, so I can do that. Is there any way to extract the family or Sim without recreating/ cloning them?

Thank you!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 10:36 AM
No, that's how you get them back again. Extracting and cloning is easy. I did a hundred sims when I did a hood rebuild.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 9:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
No, that's how you get them back again. Extracting and cloning is easy. I did a hundred sims when I did a hood rebuild.

Thanks again for your help! Ended up not finding the original backed up files, sadly. When I set up the new hood, I'm going to try again--and keep my fingers crossed! (And obviously, backup better! )