Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 7:52 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default issue with not responding and restarting loop - windows 10
Hi guys I wondered if anyone had this issue. The game works great and it's beautiful I have a NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX card. Earlier I had an issue where my game stopped responding and in windows 7 of course I could manually close it, but with 10 the task manager wouldn't work because I can only play the game in full screen and yes I do have the fixes. I had no choice but to restart my computer. Then it put me into a restart loop and I had to contact my computer support and they told me my best option would be to completely remove the game, which I told them was totally not an option. Does anyone else have this issue and if you do, how do you deal with it? The tech told me when I asked if shutting the system down would've been a better option, to just remove the game because it is "too old". I know you guys play it on 10, just as I do.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 9:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by havesamantha
Hi guys I wondered if anyone had this issue. The game works great and it's beautiful I have a NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX card. Earlier I had an issue where my game stopped responding and in windows 7 of course I could manually close it, but with 10 the task manager wouldn't work because I can only play the game in full screen and yes I do have the fixes. I had no choice but to restart my computer. Then it put me into a restart loop and I had to contact my computer support and they told me my best option would be to completely remove the game, which I told them was totally not an option. Does anyone else have this issue and if you do, how do you deal with it? The tech told me when I asked if shutting the system down would've been a better option, to just remove the game because it is "too old". I know you guys play it on 10, just as I do.

Update - everything worked fine for a while until the problem happened again this time I logged off and on and now I'm unable to play the game at all, even after restarting the computer. The game loads on the loading screen but then crashes before I even get to select a neighborhood.
Test Subject
#3 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by havesamantha
Update - everything worked fine for a while until the problem happened again this time I logged off and on and now I'm unable to play the game at all, even after restarting the computer. The game loads on the loading screen but then crashes before I even get to select a neighborhood.

Are you running the game with old XP compatibility and running it as an administrator? For some reason it makes the game mostly workable on Win10.