Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 10:20 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Maxis collection files
this one is for a friend of mine she's grounded from the I-net but she can still sim because as shetold her dad "you said no internet ad sims 2 isn't on the internet" lol

ANYWAY if you take the sis 2 MAXIS collection files (that come with the game they're there soon as you install) and delete them will they regenerate?

Because that's kinda what she did. and it's not really her computer so she can't do a refresh or anything.

so yeah please please please tell us that they'll regenerate appon running the game...
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 11:49 AM
I'm not quite sure about the collection folder being deleted by itself regenerating but if you remove the entire The Sims folder, the game will replace all the folders and files as though fresh out of the box (it recopies them from the disk when you run the game). Even without the Collections folder, she will still be able to play the game just fine. It's just that she might not have the collections to use.

If she has CC and saved games (neighbourhoods) and wants to keep them, she should move those folders somewhere safe first (Desktop say). What you can then do is regenerate the new set of files and folders and then replace the original items you want to keep. With neighbourhoods though, DO NOT let replaced folders overwrite any folders already in the Neighbourhoods folder. Remove those first.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Banned
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 1:18 PM
-insert ren impression here- you iiiidddiiiooottttt!!!!!! (not you)

I mean me I just deleted all MY custom collections files ARGH! how do I get them back?! all that hard work!

RAWR!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 1:56 PM
Well unless they're in the recycle bin, I'm afraid you don't.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Banned
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 2:39 PM
-sighs- I didn't mean you when I said 'you idiot' you know....
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 4:27 PM
I didn't take it that way. I really mean if you can't retrieve them from the Recycle Bin, you're out of luck.