Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 7:21 AM
Default WCIF haven-heard-from-you mod
OK, I'm pretty sure this exists but I can't find it - am I using the wrong keywords?

I'm looking for a mod that removes the "I haven't heard from you in a while" pop-up messages.
I don't care about no-longer-a-friend and no-longer-a-best-friend messages. They may stay or they may go, however the mod was built, but the ones which have as a sole purpose keeping in touch are bothering me.

Can someone point me in the right direction?
Thank you very much.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 9:33 AM
They're not just pop-ups, they're 'phone calls. And they waste my Sims' time answering the phone when there's no-one there to talk. They start every day about 4 p.m., and some of my Sims find them very annoying, especially id the Sim being asked for is out, and they're trying to make an important outgoing call themselves. The only mod I know of that fixes this is Pescado's Phone Hack at MATY.

Unfortunately, when I tried the Phone Hack, it didn't work for me -- it completely stopped my Sims being able to use the 'phone to call other Sims. Moreover it makes some other changes that I really don't want (like stopping children calling as "contacts"). So, if anyone knows of an alternative to the Phone Hack, that just stops the whingeing 'phone calls, and doesn't try to fix the universe, I'd be very pleased.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
They're not just pop-ups, they're 'phone calls. And they waste my Sims' time answering the phone when there's no-one there to talk. They start every day about 4 p.m., and some of my Sims find them very annoying, especially id the Sim being asked for is out, and they're trying to make an important outgoing call themselves. The only mod I know of that fixes this is Pescado's Phone Hack at MATY.

Unfortunately, when I tried the Phone Hack, it didn't work for me -- it completely stopped my Sims being able to use the 'phone to call other Sims. Moreover it makes some other changes that I really don't want (like stopping children calling as "contacts"). So, if anyone knows of an alternative to the Phone Hack, that just stops the whingeing 'phone calls, and doesn't try to fix the universe, I'd be very pleased.

Maybe that's why I seemed to recall this mod already existed?
Hm. I might have had it in the past and removed it because of problems such as the ones you mention? I don't remember it, but it could be.
Oh, well, if this is the case maybe I should post in the mods-I-would-like-to-see thread instead...

Btw Pescado has some awesome mods, but it's true that they usually affect to several aspects of a problem - whereas I would prefer having several different mods and being able use only those ones I actually wanted - and some of them are not even mentioned in the description. I guess he likes surprises? XD
Field Researcher
#4 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 11:03 AM
The responsible object in the game is Phone - Incoming Call - Low Relationship Group: 0x7FD4295A GUID:0x6CCF9D2B
The "phone calls" with the pop_ups are triggered from 2 BHAV:s
0x1001 Function - Main
0x1002 CT - Handle Call
BHAV Function Main is automatically called whenever an instance of the object is created.
BHAV CT - Handle Call is called by Run Tree by Name from various BHAV:s in PhoneCallGlobals (Group 7FBD38903)
If you only want to get rid of those calls you have to extract 0x1002 CT - Handle Call from phonehack.package from moreawesomethayou and make a new package and test if it does what you want. Perhaps you have to modify Function Main too ( I don't know if it is necessary).