Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 2:48 PM
Default hire more employees
does anyone here know how to get more than 8 employees? I cant really hire more than 8 via phone even with the enable all cheats cheat. Is there any other way?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 1:58 PM
umm this is kinda awkward, but ill ask.
How do I install it? do I just download it into my download folder?
Site Helper
#4 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 9:25 PM Last edited by Ghost sdoj : 27th Jul 2009 at 9:27 PM. Reason: thought it would autolink, but it didn't.
It needs to be decompressed first, but yes. Download it, unzip (or un-rar) it and put the result in Downloads. Read Downloading for Fracking Idiots for more help if you need it.

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...Fracking_Idiots

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#5 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 5:26 PM Last edited by SarahRan14 : 6th Jun 2016 at 5:29 PM. Reason: misspelled
Default Help
Ok, so this may be a really dumb question but what does EP3 Required mean and if it is Expansion Pack 3 then which one is that?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SarahRan14
Ok, so this may be a really dumb question but what does EP3 Required mean and if it is Expansion Pack 3 then which one is that?

Open for Business. You can find that sort of information on the wiki.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#7 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 6:53 PM

I will assume both mods are compatible and probably made to work together..so I got them and I'm SO freaking happy!
Thanks!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 10:42 PM
Also do not just toss mods into your Download folder, at least make another folder inside your Download folder and name it 'Mods'. You need to keep cc organized especially mods.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#9 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 3:05 AM
And go even one step further than Jo proposes: inside your /Downloads/Mods or Downloads/Hacks folder, make folders for every website you get stuff from, and/or for every mod author that you get stuff from.
Because it is always wise to keep mods from a single location together so you know where to look later, in case you eventually *do* have a problem.
It also helps sorting things for load order, in case of conflicts between two mods. Usually, if two mods of the same author conflict - which does not happen often - the author will have made sure that everything works fine anyway. But if the mods are from different creators, the way it works may depend on whose mods you load first, and whose last. We can change that by simply renaming the folder in which they are saved.

In the above instance, I suggest using a folder "Downloads / Mods / Insim / Squinge"

This is NOT a requirement in any way. Feel free to ignore me. But the people who sort their mods in this manner religiously, NEVER have the issues that people seem to have who throw all mods in the same folder.
Undead Molten Llama
#10 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 3:20 AM Last edited by iCad : 7th Jun 2016 at 3:34 AM.
Just to offer another opinion: The problem with what Boiling Oil said, though, is load order. If you've got mods that you know for certain must load in a specific order relative to each other, then it's often better to have them loose so that you can more easily control the alphabetical-order loading needed for them, renaming the files if necessary to make them load properly. Putting everything into a highly-structured set of folders by site/modder has the potential to make that more difficult, not less difficult. (Depending on what you have, of course, and how you want things to work.)

Me, I have a Mods folder, and it has some sub-folders, one for stuff that can't be removed without causing neighborhood corruption (meaning, things that generate NPCs), some for things that I know (because of thorough testing) are NOT affected by load order in combination with the other mods I, personally, have, and some for mods that I have that I know must load before some others I have. (Since all the subfolders load first, before the stuff that's loose in the Mods folder, generally speaking I'll put stuff that has to load first in a subfolder named so that it's the first thing in the Mods folder that loads, and stuff that has to load last loose in the Mods folder. The configuration can change if I download something new...although I don't download much these days, mod or non-mod.) So...Well, there is no real rule of thumb here. Yes, it's nice to be organized, particularly for non-mod CC, but it's not ALWAYS beneficial in a mods folder...depending on the mods you have and what you want them to do, of course.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 6:33 PM
I sort my downloads by site/creator. At the very least it helps me find things quickly if I need to, or identify who made what mod and what site it probably came from.

If I have mods that need to load in a specific order and for some reason my normal folder tree structure doesn't make them do that, then I make a new folder just for those specific conflicting mods and rename the individual files so that they load properly.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Just to offer another opinion: The problem with what Boiling Oil said, though, is load order. If you've got mods that you know for certain must load in a specific order relative to each other, then it's often better to have them loose so that you can more easily control the alphabetical-order loading needed for them, renaming the files if necessary to make them load properly. folder...depending on the mods you have and what you want them to do, of course.

He recently told me that what I was doing (renaming the file) wasn't a good idea, that I should rename the folder instead.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#13 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 10:40 PM
Too much deep buried mod doesn't work.
Undead Molten Llama
#14 Old 8th Jun 2016 at 1:45 AM
Well, obviously, this issue is very much a personal preference thing, but from a totally practical standpoint, my concern with having a lot of subfolders (especially folders within folders within folders, etc.) is that there is a hard limit as to the length of a file name that the game can read. And the file name doesn't just include the stuff right before the ".package" part but the entire file path, all the way back to C: (Or whatever your install drive letter is.) And some people seem to make really long, descriptive folder names, attempting to be organized and helpful-to-themselves, which only compounds this problem. Like Annaminna said, if the files are buried too deep (so that they have extremely long file names), mods won't work and custom objects and recolors and such won't show in-game because the game can't read the whole file name, so it just skips it. Also, I'm pretty sure that a bunch of hugely-nested folders in a game where someone has, like, double-digit gigabytes of CC will increase load time (if that's something the player cares about), just from sheer number of characters that need to be read, particularly if people use non-alphanumeric characters in their folder/file names. So, strictly from that point of view, I tend to think the fewer the subfolders the better: Enough to keep things organized (if that's your thing), yes, but not so many as to end up with hugely-long file names.

From a personal point of view, I actually find things more easily if things AREN'T highly organized. Like if I don't remember exactly how a thing's file name is worded or who made it or some clue like that (so that I can't really just run a search on the Downloads folder), I find it annoying to have to open a thousand folders to look for the thing I hunting for. I'd much rather open just a few folders with more files in them and then scan the files to find the thing I'm looking for. But, that's probably just because of how my brain works. I'm an organization-phobe in pretty much all things. I thrive in chaos.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 8th Jun 2016 at 2:28 AM
This seems like a similar thread to what I'm looking for so I will post here. I am looking for a way to have a sim work at an employee owned business without the employee hiring them.
For instance:
Mayor Edgecomb owns 6 or 7 business in my neighborhood and I want his soon to be daughter in law work in his clothing store. How do I get Kellie (daughter in law) to work at that business without Edgecomb hiring her?
Undead Molten Llama
#16 Old 8th Jun 2016 at 2:48 AM
As far as I know (And I don't often allow business owners to have employees because that's just how I play, so take what I say with a grain of salt), the only way to accomplish that would be to have Kellie become part of Edgecomb's household. You can always bring household members to a household-owned business and the household members will "work" there. They'll be fully-controllable, though, unlike actual employees. So far as I know, you can't have an actual employee without...Well, making them an actual employee by hiring them.

Field Researcher
#17 Old 8th Jun 2016 at 2:51 AM
Dangit. I was hoping there was another way to do it. But thanks @icad