Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 6th Apr 2016 at 4:40 AM
For what it matters, I once successfully used allmenus on cheat to transfer business ownership to someone not in the household. Anyone mind trying to replicate that?
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#27 Old 8th Apr 2016 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BoilingOil
I'm certain that you're mixing stuff up. Employees can not be given ownership of the business, EVER. They can only be promoted to Manager at the store! But for that, they *MUST* have at least five Badge points. Bronze is 1 point, Silver is 2, Gold is 3. Add up all the badges they have, and if their total exceeds 5 points, you can promote them to manager. But the manager does NOT get ownership of the store. They just get to run the business in the absense of your sim. So your sim is making a profit (or a loss) from that lot every day, even if they are not there. (But you must call the manager on the phone once every day to GET the proceeds.)
Ownership can really ONLY be given to other household members. That's how the OfB EP was designed.

Maybe there are ways to make the business more profitable. Remember that any employee's wages are dependent on what skills and badges they have. The more skill points and the more badges, the higher their wages. And the Manager is the most expensive of them all. An employee gets a base salary of §15/h, plus §1/h for each skill point, plus §5/h for each badge point. So an employee without any skills or badges requires only §120 per 8-hour work day (§15 per hour), while an employee with all skills and all badges maxed sets you back a whopping §2000 per 8-hour work day (§250 per hour). THAT is hard to earn back in any bar.

So take a good, long, hard look at your Employee's skills and badges, and seriously consider hiring someone a little less skillful. Because if they're only there to mix drinks, I believe they don't need any skills or badges at all.

Sorry for not comming back to this issue for a while.

You did explain it very vell. It is me that were mixing things up and assumed that it was possible to give away ownership of a lot to anyone but it is true that OBF lots can only be handed over to someone inside the family, not outside it. My bad. I do not think I will use heats to make it happend either.

No, this sim (the emloyee) does not have any badges but she is overpaid and there is a reason for that. I always have this problem when I play OFB lots and hireing personal. A sim gets a job and I set the loan so that it's OK and the employee is happy. Then I play for aboute two (sim) houers and then I see that the employee is suddenly very underpaid! Then I must adjust the loan again so it's OK but after a few sim houers more the employee becomes very overpaid. How? And I do not think that the employee would be very pleased if her/his boss lower the loan. As you might know sims do not beg for more money, they do get very angry and start screaming if they are unhappy. Then they quit the job and the relations whit the boss sinks far below zero. Having a overpaid employee is not the best methode of making money so all of my OFB lots seems to write red numbers but there is no other way to do it. Not a way I know that is.

(Sorry for spelling/grammar errors. It's 0:44 at night and I wanted to answer this).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28 Old 9th Apr 2016 at 12:45 AM
They become underpaid when they gain skills or a badge. There are also mods to prevent them quitting due to low pay.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#29 Old 9th Apr 2016 at 2:15 AM
@Mrmo: Go to SimWardrobe - Paladin's Place, get into the Sims 2 Objects section, Business Facilitators, and pick up the object named "Timeclock". Put one of those somewhere on your business lot, click it, and turn on "Fairly Paid". That way, the clock will make sure at all times, that your employee recieves a proper salary for their skills/talents.
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 9th Apr 2016 at 8:51 AM
Mrmo, as soon as I see a notification about an employee gaining a skill, the boss interacts with that employee to adjust his/her wages. (You might have to insist a bit, while doing sales for instance they're hard to interrupt.) That way they never throw fits or quit for being underpaid.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 10th Apr 2016 at 3:43 AM
I know about the mods to keep employees fairly paid but I never use them because manually having the boss give employees a pay raise also gives a relationship boost.
Scholar
#32 Old 10th Apr 2016 at 6:20 PM
True! But if - like Mrmo- you have trouble getting the payment to be right, you'll be more busy "boosting the relationship" than doing business.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 10th Apr 2016 at 7:59 PM
About running a real estate business: I haven't tried it yet, but I've planned to let some of my rich sims speculate in real estate. Perhaps buy some fancy club, set the entrance fee low and let those loyalty stars roll in. After the business has reached a high level, I'd head over to the real estate office (which I'd locate at another lot), put the deed for the club up for sale and try to dazzle somebody into buying it. I'm not sure if it works this way, but I thought the business' listed value might be added to the lot value to make up the sales price, which then could lead to a substantial profit even if it's sold at a reasonable price. I'm using @BoilingOil's Simulated Sales mod, so the lot should go back to the community upon being sold no matter who buys it, at least unless I present the deed to somebody myself, unasked. Is this also considered unsafe? At least selling it back to the community by phone should be OK?
Scholar
#34 Old 11th Apr 2016 at 2:24 AM
I think there is a reasonable chance that it will indeed work this way; that the deed (and therefor, the store) will end up in commiunity hands, when you sell it with "Simulated Sales" loaded. Selling it by phone, is how the EAxians originally designed it, so that should indeed work and be safe.
Page 2 of 2