Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 10:39 PM Last edited by AuzzPanda : 19th Jul 2016 at 11:12 PM.
Default Could it be About Binning?
Hello!

I have managed to convert a hairstyle (I made) from adult to teen. Strange thing is, when I went into CAS, the hair wasn't there! There was no new option to click on or anything.
BUT, I had made the ''family dstring'' the exact same as the adult version of the mesh. So I made an adult, chose the hair, went to teen and it appeared! The hair was there, only I couldn't click on it or anything! Still no new option...

I changed the family dstring back to the TEEN blonde recolour (I had my files backed up. Also I changed it to the same one for all textures). I loaded the game, still no new option on teen stage. I went back to adult, chose the hair, back to teen and THIS time it didn't even show up. Just changed to a default maxis mesh.

I know you're in there somewhere mesh/texture

(Also, how can I make it so when I age the teen up into an adult, they keep the same hair? Does that have something to do with ''flag''?)

Thanks! Have a good one

Edit: Oh actually, it WOULD seem that to make them age up into the same hair, you make the family dstring the same as said age!
I don't know/think if the flag would be the solution of it not showing up when having different dstring though, because it has the same ones as the adult flags.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 8:11 PM
For aging up, you use the same "family" value. I did that with the little bucket hats for my Sims so they would automatically have the same ones when they became teenagers. If you want them to age up into a custom hair, you can make your own custom "family" value; if you want them to age up into a Maxis hair that already exists in the game, then you use that "family" value on every age.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fakepeeps7
For aging up, you use the same "family" value. I did that with the little bucket hats for my Sims so they would automatically have the same ones when they became teenagers. If you want them to age up into a custom hair, you can make your own custom "family" value; if you want them to age up into a Maxis hair that already exists in the game, then you use that "family" value on every age.

Awesome! The aging into same hair is working, Thanks!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 1:18 AM
Oh no, I ran into the same problem converting another hair!
Okay this is what the hair to be converted looks like: (For some reason it's green instead of blonde)

Alright and then, when I go to teens, which is what I converted it for, all is good: (And for some reason, this time the scalp decided to turn into blonde, whilst everything else is not. Though it's still a much brighter blonde than what I made)

BUT, I can't find it anywhere! When I go to the colour sections, it's not there. it's not in custom, it's not in black,brown,red. It's not a default replacement either so it's not all the way at the beginning.

I guess I just didn't do it right while extracting the GMDC, perhaps? Hmmm...