Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th May 2016 at 2:40 PM
Default What is this?
Does anyone know what this is I saw in Sims 2? its like a broken tablet thing a saw.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th May 2016 at 2:43 PM
Even with a better description than that, nope, not without a picture.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th May 2016 at 2:47 PM
Image Posted.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th May 2016 at 2:50 PM
Hello? does anyone know what it is?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th May 2016 at 2:52 PM
Looks like some kind of broken electronic item, but I can't say I recognize the original item. Maybe it's been destroyed by a pet?

Also, the image isn't showing properly. Could be you've posted the wrong link.

Could be the hovertext can explain what it is, or the text you get up before you pick up an object to delete it.
Scholar
#6 Old 17th May 2016 at 2:52 PM
No idea. Did you decorate the house yourself?

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th May 2016 at 2:54 PM
I only have Open for Business
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th May 2016 at 2:54 PM
I randomly found it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th May 2016 at 2:56 PM
When i click it, it says dispose.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 17th May 2016 at 2:56 PM
Chill, dude, this is a newsgroup, not a chatroom. Even people who are actively reading need more than a minute to respond.

It looks like a smashed computer. I never saw one break like that and I have no idea what it would be doing on an end table. Since things destroyed by dogs and cats always look the same, and trash piles always look the same, my best guess is that this is the standard "broken" image for certain types of items which aren't broken very often in the game. It may even be a custom image for a piece of CC, though it'd be an unusual creator who troubled to do such a thing.

What happens if you click on it? (I'm off to get breakfast, so don't get your panties in a twist if I don't come back as soon as you answer that.)

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#11 Old 17th May 2016 at 2:56 PM
And maybe use the edit button if you want to add something to your previous post. Double- and triple posting for no apparent reason is frowned upon in most forums.

Pick the item up (in buy mode), and see what the bottom window says (the "click here to delete item" space). Might work (unless it just says "electronic rubbish pile" or some such)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th May 2016 at 2:57 PM
When i click it, it says dispose
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th May 2016 at 2:58 PM
That is a mysterious object.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th May 2016 at 3:00 PM
"Lamp - Table - Colonial 2" appears when a shift click and click "force error"
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 17th May 2016 at 3:02 PM
It's a "whodunnit?" table lamp?
Mad Poster
#16 Old 17th May 2016 at 3:03 PM
That's strange. I believe I've seen that in the Capp household too once, but I have no idea what got smashed to cause it. (They don't even have many electronics!)

Is there a chance it could be an alarm clock? I know that they could get smashed by lazy sims sometimes.

Edit: oh my this thread is moving too fast for me

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 17th May 2016 at 3:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
That's strange. I believe I've seen that in the Capp household too once, but I have no idea what got smashed to cause it. (They don't even have many electronics!)

Is there a chance it could be an alarm clock? I know that they could get smashed by lazy sims sometimes.
I really don't know much about this object since i saw it randomly.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 17th May 2016 at 3:04 PM
Plus, It doesn't even look like a lamp!
Forum Resident
#19 Old 17th May 2016 at 3:07 PM
Seems more like custom clutter to me. I'll be impressed if it's an in-game object, since that is not how the Maxis computers break.

Agreed with simmer22's suggestion to pick it up in Buy Mode, or better yet, try the eyedropper and see what it points you to. (I'm a huge fan of the eyedropper, even for just helping me "page" through the catalog quickly to get to the right section because I pointed to something of the same type as what I really want. Just love that thing.)

And SimGamerTS4? Stop double and triple posting. You've been asked not to, and it's impolite, even in a thread you start.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 17th May 2016 at 3:07 PM
Update: I did the *Break on another whodunnit lamp and did the same thing.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 17th May 2016 at 3:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by natboopsie
Seems more like custom clutter to me. I'll be impressed if it's an in-game object, since that is not how the Maxis computers break.

Agreed with simmer22's suggestion to pick it up in Buy Mode, or better yet, try the eyedropper and see what it points you to. (I'm a huge fan of the eyedropper, even for just helping me "page" through the catalog quickly to get to the right section because I pointed to something of the same type as what I really want. Just love that thing.)

And SimGamerTS4? Stop double and triple posting. You've been asked not to, and it's impolite, even in a thread you start.
what are you talking about?
Mad Poster
#22 Old 17th May 2016 at 3:10 PM
Well, how very very strange! But mystery solved I guess?

I'm curious, can you show us a screenshot before and after clicking "break"?

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 17th May 2016 at 3:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Well, how very very strange! But mystery solved I guess?

I'm curious, can you show us a screenshot before and after clicking "break"?
no need. on the whodunnit lamp does the same. it does the broken computer trash thing.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 17th May 2016 at 3:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimGamerTS4
what are you talking about?

Probably nothing you'd want to trouble yourself with. Do go on, and good luck to you.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 17th May 2016 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimGamerTS4
I really don't know much about this object since i saw it randomly.

Is it in a house you furnished? If it is, surely you can remember what you had originally put there. If not, if this is a premade house you can tell us where about it is (or if you donwloaded it, where from)and we can have a look at whether a lamp was previously there or not.

Also double posting (posting more than once without anyone commenting between) is against the rules here, you should edit your messages if you have more to add - it's making it hard to keep up with and really unclear what you're replying to.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Page 1 of 2