Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jul 2016 at 8:51 PM Last edited by 98675 : 5th Jul 2016 at 9:11 PM.
Default Small Strands (And Textures)
Hi all

Quick question, (Not really)
If I want little strands in hair (You know, the small parts outside the base of the hair that add realism), Would the idea be to make them a bit more transperant?
So for example if my base with normals pointing out have a 0.00000007 opacity value, and the group with those normal's pointing inwards would be 0.00000005, would it be a good idea to make the strands be a 0.00000003 opacity? For the outside normals. The inside ones would be about. Perhaps 0.00000001?

The thing is I thought this is how that light touch of transperancy was made, but then I grabbed another's mesh and realized that the transperancy was on the Texture!
That makes me realize that what I should be asking is how to make transperancy textures.
See I found these videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YasGOkg82o
This one show's how to make the tips,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNDdaeuthtY

How about making really curly ones, and adding said transperancy.
To give an idea, I think of some of Nouk's.

See how there are transperant gaps ?

Eh, I hope to be making sense :P
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 7:27 PM
As far as I know, transparency in hair is accomplished by making the texture semi-transparent (as in your examples).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 8:35 PM Last edited by AuzzPanda : 9th Jul 2016 at 10:26 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by fakepeeps7
As far as I know, transparency in hair is accomplished by making the texture semi-transparent (as in your examples).

Oh. You mean like, making the opacity less than 100?
Or the same buisness of the dress you helped me with, by making a layer mask?

Oh nevermind, a good way is with ''colour range''