Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 6:51 AM
Default Unauthorized copy?
Before anyone deletes this thread, I have a legal copy of TS3! I went to upload some goodies I created earlier today and when I went to log in via the launch pad, this message came up:

You are playing a non-final, unauthorized copy of The Sims 3. Purchasing and registering an official copy of The Sims 3 will entitle you to benefits including access to an entirely new game town called Riverview, 1000 SimPoints which can be redeemed for game objects in The Sims 3 Store, and access to The Sims 3 Exchange.

Here's the problem, my copy is legal, I registered my code, got the 1000 SimPoints, and Riverview. Has anyone else had this problem?
Advertisement
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#2 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 7:19 AM
That's just the website. Basically they put that on their website to say that because Pirate Cat didn't pay for his downloads, and now it's hitting random people. Try clearing your Internet Exploder cookies.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 10:05 AM
A lot of people are getting that problem - including plenty of people who have (apparently) never gotten the pirate version. Go go EA!

If you open Internet Explorer and go to the Tools menu and then Internet Options, there's a button on that first tab there to Clear Cookies.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 4:50 PM
Okay! You two are so ridiculously awesome and amazing that it cannot be conveyed via the internet!

I have no idea why I didn't think to do that! Thank you so much guys!!

A mod can close this thread at their discretion