Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th May 2019 at 9:27 AM Last edited by TheThirdWizard : 7th May 2019 at 2:09 PM. Reason: Minor clarifications

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Buggy Architect jobs on houseboats
Hello.

I was playing the Architecture profession from Ambitions again, for the first time after installing Island Paradise. One of the jobs happened to spawn on a houseboat.

So I brought my sim there to see the lot first. He traveled by his own preferred car. Then I began the renovation. My sim then routed to the nearest sidewalk, then a bike from the home lot teleported on the road and he began to cycle to nowhere. His car has disappeared. No problem. Pause the game, cheat, give him a new one. And my sim has gone (on bike) to one of the streets that goes out of Sunset Valley (is there more than one? I can't remember). He then walked away from the sidewalk one or two sim-meters, then I began the renovation.

When I finished, I wanted to turn in the renovation, but my sim has lost his outfit and the second car. Then I used DebugEnabler's 'Fix invisible sims' option. My sim obviously was teleported to the home lot and he has got some new stupid and ugly outfit and hairstyle, which made me quit the game.

Is there any way to prevent architect jobs from spawning on houseboats other then not playing an architect in a world with houseboats? Is there a way to totally cancel an architect job forever? Or will my sim always loose his vehicle, route to that location and who knows what is next?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 7th May 2019 at 2:08 PM
I will keep this thread for others' reference, since I didn't find this information anywhere else.

I found the solution!

If you want to completely cancel a certain architect job for whatever reason, go into the Edit town mode and move the household whose house's job you want to cancel to a new house. That worked for my issue with renovating houseboats.

Architect jobs on houseboats seem to be one of those inter-EP things EA doesn't verify when making newer EPs, and at the complexity of this game I cannot blame them for not checking every minor thing when releasing a new EP.