Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CAS Texture+Unitool v1.9.3569 r131 (Updated 9th October 2009 - Now works on OS X and Linux!)

by CTU Team Posted 18th Aug 2009 at 11:31 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 4:07 PM by Nysha

790 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 729 Feedback Posts, 60 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 32
Test Subject
#51 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 3:45 PM
I downloaded it again, sure it is the lateset version, and still get the errors, just same error as Kent
But the program is still working,so I think I can get well with those errors...
Field Researcher
#52 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 4:07 PM
I have the same question as flajko...Overlay (in texture tab) has blank values, and when I replace the values with the new face mask overlay I've created it looks like nothing changed, and in the game, it's the same mask only with RGB changed...so, any help?
Test Subject
#53 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 4:51 PM
As it turns out, I'm a tool. I really was hoping that this program would allow me to make a nude outfit for the Lara body shape. I'm willing to bet that it can, only thing is... like I said... I'm a tool. I have no idea how to use this program even after several hours of messing the whole dang thing up. If there is anyone out there who can do this for me, I would be most appriciative.
Forum Resident
#54 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 5:07 PM
Excellent program, kudos for putting so much time into it!
Mad Poster
#55 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 5:55 PM Last edited by EsmeraldaF : 19th Aug 2009 at 6:09 PM.
I too am having what seems to be the same problem as flajko and Stefan - I use the Costume Makeup 'tiger mask' a lot, for custom contact lenses and for face overlays, but now I'm finding in the new version that my face overlays are coming out as an all-white tiger mask, although I'm still following the same procedure that worked perfectly with all previous versions of CTU: replacing the Overlay with my custom DDS file and replacing the Mask with the 'no mask' key to get rid of the 'tiger' image. Am completely puzzled as to what to do!!
Test Subject
#56 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 5:55 PM
I recieve an error message when I minimize the application.

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/8821/unitoolerror.jpg

This happens after you add a stencil and then minimize Unitool.
Also I wanna ask....is there a way on Unitool you can make it so Stencil's are colourable in CAS?
Field Researcher
#57 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 6:18 PM
Any help about mine, EsmeraldaF's and Flako's problem? :P
Scholar
#58 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VampireMike
I recieve an error message when I minimize the application.

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/8821/unitoolerror.jpg

Ahh, I see. Is more or less a known problem,

Quote:
Also I wanna ask....is there a way on Unitool you can make it so Stencil's are colourable in CAS?

No, the game can't do that. Just use patterns or mask on the clothing for now.

Quote: Originally posted by @Stefan
Any help about mine, EsmeraldaF's and Flako's problem? :P

Please post exact steps to reproduce and maybe screenshots.
Mother Function
retired moderator
#59 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by playful
Bummer, Framework 2.0 is not compatible with Vista 64b and would not let me even install it. Unless I am completely blind I did not find any link provided allowing me to do so. I was looking forward to this

Guess I am stuck using 1.7, ah well, least there is TSR Workshop - Thank god.

if you try to install 2.0 using the link provided, you won't get very far. .NET Framework 2.0 comes preloaded on most Vista PCs, and I believe it got rolled into the Vista install of .NET Framework 3.5....so if you have 3.5 installed you should be okay...

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Test Subject
#60 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 7:44 PM
I found I couldn't change accessory meshes after re-downloading r81.
Don't know why, Did I do something wrong? I chose an earing, added a new blank design, went to meshes input my new mesh name and three lod files then click commit, but nothing changed...I have checked in game, the mesh didn't change (yesterday I got error while doing this, but the mesh was changed successfully)
Mad Poster
#61 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonha
Please post exact steps to reproduce and maybe screenshots.

Hi, thanks for looking into this. To create a face overlay in the CTU using a Costume Makeup mask as a base, I've always gone into the Textures tab and set 'Mask' to key:00B2D882:00000000:78709F1C8E0CE3CD to get rid of the default tiger mask, and then replaced 'Face Overlay' with my custom DDS graphic, which has worked very well.

With the latest version, on replacing 'Overlay' with my DDS file and 'Mask' with the above key, I get an all-white tiger mask still showing the tiger features rather than my face overlay - see screenshots:

Test Subject
#62 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 8:43 PM
D: You can't instal .NET framework 2.0 on windows vista x64
Mother Function
retired moderator
#63 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 8:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rose_Reveries
D: You can't instal .NET framework 2.0 on windows vista x64

Have you tried running the program first? Usually Vista comes preloaded with 2.0, so you might already have it installed without knowing

Lab Assistant
#64 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daluved1
if you try to install 2.0 using the link provided, you won't get very far. .NET Framework 2.0 comes preloaded on most Vista PCs, and I believe it got rolled into the Vista install of .NET Framework 3.5....so if you have 3.5 installed you should be okay...

Ah once again, daluved1 to the rescue, thanks, you were right. Started up fine.
Scholar
#65 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 12:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EsmeraldaF
Hi, thanks for looking into this. To create a face overlay in the CTU using a Costume Makeup mask as a base, I've always gone into the Textures tab and set 'Mask' to key:00B2D882:00000000:78709F1C8E0CE3CD to get rid of the default tiger mask, and then replaced 'Face Overlay' with my custom DDS graphic, which has worked very well.

With the latest version, on replacing 'Overlay' with my DDS file and 'Mask' with the above key, I get an all-white tiger mask still showing the tiger features rather than my face overlay - see screenshots:

OK, first you seem to replace one time the "Overlay" and the other time the "Face Overlay". I think overlay is correct, as the face overlay will get the tint colors applied and thus getting white. But I'm not sure about that, face overlay could work, too, with the right mask.

About that: my version of CTU can't find a texture with key:00B2D882:00000000:78709F1C8E0CE3CD

The second thing is, don't rely purely on the preview in CTU and test ingame, too. The CTU preview wasn't extensively tested for makeups and I'm not sure, that overlays get displayed correctly.
Mad Poster
#66 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jonha
OK, first you seem to replace one time the "Overlay" and the other time the "Face Overlay". I think overlay is correct, as the face overlay will get the tint colors applied and thus getting white. But I'm not sure about that, face overlay could work, too, with the right mask.

About that: my version of CTU can't find a texture with key:00B2D882:00000000:78709F1C8E0CE3CD

The second thing is, don't rely purely on the preview in CTU and test ingame, too. The CTU preview wasn't extensively tested for makeups and I'm not sure, that overlays get displayed correctly.

'Face Overlay' is no longer given as an option in the new CTU - the new CTU only gives 'Overlay' as an option. I just assumed it was the same thing. But maybe it's not?

As far as I know, key:00B2D882:00000000:78709F1C8E0CE3CD is just something that 'tells' TS3 to remove the 'Mask' from the costume makeup - I don't think it's actually a texture (if you click 'Find' while selecting it in CTU, nothing happens). I think it's some sort of empty placeholder. Whatever it is, it removes the 'tiger' features from the costume mask in all previous versions of CTU, but not this version.

I didn't rely only on the preview in CTU - I did try the costume makeup overlay in-game as well, and it came out the same - an all-white tiger mask!
Test Subject
#67 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 8:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daluved1
Have you tried running the program first? Usually Vista comes preloaded with 2.0, so you might already have it installed without knowing

It's just the 3D thing that's not working but the rest of it works fine
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#68 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 9:20 AM
EsmeraldaF, Overlay is not the same as Face Overlay - it works differently.

The next version will have a fixed Textures tab that now shows the textures properly for Costume makeup (ie Face Overlay and Face Specular).

Rose_Reveries: Make sure you also update DirectX as per the second installation prerequisite.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Mad Poster
#69 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 9:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
EsmeraldaF, Overlay is not the same as Face Overlay - it works differently.

The next version will have a fixed Textures tab that now shows the textures properly for Costume makeup (ie Face Overlay and Face Specular).

Thank you! Meanwhile, I'm happy using the previous 'Beta' version 1.8 for that purpose, which works great, so no problem.
Test Subject
#70 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 10:54 AM
I am experiencing ingame color/pattern differences (from viewer) plus non colorablity when I change the Patterns in your new ver. The problem is not the viewer which works great for me, and the solution is ez enough. I work your older version side by side with the new one. I just thought I would bring this up.
Test Subject
#71 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 11:02 AM
Alright. So I'm attempting to find a workaround so we can get this (and other .NET programs) to work on Macs. Currently, I've found that Mono will, at the very least, start to load the CAS Unitool. However, for some reason, the error is that it claims it can't locate patternList.xml within the xml folder. Which is ridiculous, because it IS in the folder. I checked. What is weird is that the directory's slashes suddenly change directions, which I can't quite figure out a way around. Any suggestions? The error:

Could not find the file "/Users/adelewen/Desktop/CAS\xml\patternList.xml".

It was working great in setup until it did that. I'm trying to find a way to make it work for Mac users, and Mono is the closest I've gotten. It's kinda a leap to ask you, but I figure you've got enough familiarity with your own program (and obviously .NET framework) to possibly offer a suggestion or two.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#72 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 1:31 PM
adelewen: I already fixed the slashes problem here (and had it tested by a mac user), but the problem then is that CTU needs the DirectX assemblies, which obviously don't exist on Macs. About the only way I can think of to get it to work would be to do a version without the 3d preview.

KICKRamone: It would be helpful if you provided actual error messages or descriptions of what is or is not happening. We really can't debug things when we don't know whats going on.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#73 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 3:59 PM
alphose: Did you make sure to update your DirectX using the link as specified in the Installation Prerequisites?

i thought i did. i even reinstalled it just in case. shut the computer down and got dragged away from it, and this morning i have no error messages.
Forum Resident
#74 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 6:34 PM
r_cobleigh109: Vista supposedly comes with .NET 2.0. Just try running it and see what happens.

I have the same problem. I am running Vista 64 bit. I thought I would try running CTU anyway to see what happens. I needed step by step instructions so I downloaded Hanlon Razor's "Quick & Dirty....". The problem is the tutorial does not match what CTU looks like now. But I took a shot at trying to figure it out anyway. I was able to extract the texture. But I couldn't figure out how to get it back into CTU.

I was going to post to Razor's CTU tutorial thread asking if he had done an update to tutorial but he hasn't checked the thread in over 30 days.

Do you know of any other tutorials that are more up to date? Or would you be willing to walk me through the process based on Razor's Tutorial? Then I update the tutorial myself with your help.

I also had a problem with CTU itself. When I minimize the window I get and unhandled exception error. "Value did not fall within expected range" If I click continue I get another UE "Error in the application" This just means I need to close the application instead of minimizing. Not critical but very annoying.

Thank you for your time.

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Mother Function
retired moderator
#75 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 8:46 PM
Winterhart - I've already made several tutorials, and there are many others out there as well Check in the Sim 3 Modding Overview.

Page 3 of 32