Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

An Improved Thicker Transparent Wall

by hazuitokage Posted 12th Nov 2009 at 7:44 PM - Updated 21st Jul 2012 at 12:03 AM by hazuitokage : Fixed version of the set added !

167 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 111 Feedback Posts, 55 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 7
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 8th Dec 2010 at 11:58 PM
Since the patch I can't see the windows except when the walls are "down". They do admit light just fine, however.

ETA: I suppose this makes them "mostly invisible" windows?
Test Subject
#77 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 11:41 PM Last edited by xesolor : 13th Dec 2010 at 8:48 PM. Reason: add suggestion
suggestion
May I suggest making the glass panels the same size, if not slightly thicker than the wall so the glass actually covers the wall instead of stuck in the middle? I have another glass panel mod that's thicker than the wall and it shows up even after the new patch.

Of course that glass panel is no way near as good as yours, that's why I'm waiting for an update every day.
Test Subject
#78 Old 14th Dec 2010 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tranced25
These are the single most important objects to me. I appreciate all that the update accomplished, but gosh EA, did you have to mess with this aspect of our game??

Yes, agreed. I don't think I'd be lying to say I've used them in every house built since I downloaded them, and while I'm kinda enjoying having magically light and airy rooms I miss having glass walls overseeing pretty gardens. =\ Glad to know this is the update causing the problems, though, not the game braking.
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 2:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SSgt Baloo
Since the patch I can't see the windows except when the walls are "down". They do admit light just fine, however.

ETA: I suppose this makes them "mostly invisible" windows?

I finally found a use for them. I was making a greenhouse and placed these windows using the MOO code. With a few judiciously-placed columns, they work just fine as greenhouse walls. In top of those I used pool enclosure pieces and glass floor rugs to give it a high-up transparent roof. Of course, since the pool enclosure bits are only wall-height, I had to use someone's ceiling beams around the edge so the roof didn't look like it was just floating in space. Since there are no actual walls, my sims can go in via the doors and plant produce.

I am curious. If there are windows but no wall, does the sim think it's "outdoors", and does this make any difference (except when a sim has a preference/aversion to the outdoors)?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#80 Old 18th Dec 2010 at 9:41 PM
please update for LN. i love your windows T.T
Test Subject
#81 Old 22nd Dec 2010 at 4:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hazuitokage
I'm aware of the New Patch (Late Night) problem. Working on it.

Hey man, thanks for all your work. I was in a big construction projects on of my houses and updated my night life. Now I wish I didn't but I'll be awaiting so keep up the good work. Hope to see a update soon!
Test Subject
#82 Old 28th Dec 2010 at 12:45 PM
I have the awful feeling the modder has abandoned the mod......
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 1:55 AM
I found some similar non-diagonal walls that work like the old ones did. When I figure out where I got them I'll try to post a link.
Test Subject
#84 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 8:48 PM
For the "Late Night" user:

Use the cheat "MoveObjects on" and destroy the walls where you want a transparent window or door. I build the transparent windows and doors without any walls. The "MoveObjects on" cheat allowing to build wherever you want. Works fine (the diagonal walls and the doors too)
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 10:44 PM
@ SSgt_Baloo is this http://www.simpossible.net/buildobjects1.html the one you are talking about? these are great and they work with LN the seamless is not a problem with these they look amazing but too bad they didnt make a diagonal wall.

@ Phenox i tried that trick before but sims wont use the door they just stand and whine and that way windows and doors too i think wont go down with the walls which is not so good but i guess its a work around.

i really wish hazuitokage would update for LN

Thanks 4 sharing ur Hard work of art w/us.
Test Subject
#86 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 6:44 PM
Ehhh I have the SimPossible glass walls as well, problem is the wall actually looks like a transparent sheet, there's no volume/depth at all, just doesn't look like a solid pane of glass.

Though the rest of the SP mods are fantastic, downloaded all of them and packed them together, love it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#87 Old 14th Jan 2011 at 7:47 AM
It's awesome and I needed it for one of my tombs, I wanted to make it like the level of resident evil 5 where you see those lickers (The ones that are red and crawl on the ground and have a long tong) that's why the walls came in handy so thanks for the custom content.
Test Subject
#88 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 1:05 PM Last edited by corapntr : 25th Jan 2011 at 3:02 PM.
Just tested this in my game and I believe I fixed it. I simply re-saved the masks to dxt1 alpha bit 1 via S3PE and photoshop.

The file is included in this post (hope mods don't mind as I know we were getting somewhat desperate)

There is one problem with these and that is the diagonal windows are not seamless. I do not know why this is as the dimensions of the textures seems to be the same as the original hazui provided. That said, I do not remember if the original diagonal walls were seamless when built in walls and after further investigation I believe it has to do with the way default windows are textured in game. Hopefully hazui will come back and try making the windows jutt out of the wall. I wonder if that will fix that texture issue.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  fixed_hazui_windows.7z (664.6 KB, 2142 downloads)
Test Subject
#89 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 11:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by corapntr
Just tested this in my game and I believe I fixed it. I simply re-saved the masks to dxt1 alpha bit 1 via S3PE and photoshop.

The file is included in this post (hope mods don't mind as I know we were getting somewhat desperate)

There is one problem with these and that is the diagonal windows are not seamless. I do not know why this is as the dimensions of the textures seems to be the same as the original hazui provided. That said, I do not remember if the original diagonal walls were seamless when built in walls and after further investigation I believe it has to do with the way default windows are textured in game. Hopefully hazui will come back and try making the windows jutt out of the wall. I wonder if that will fix that texture issue.

Before one of the patches the diagonal and normal windows worked perfectly. Thanks for the hotfix but yeah the diagonals are still broken.

Anyone found a fix for the diagonal windows yet?

Thanks
Test Subject
#90 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 4:29 PM
Need help - my walls aren't transparent...what am I doing wrong? :/
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#91 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 3:51 PM
Thanks for posting this here Corapntr, though you seem to have come across the exact same problem I had when I set up to try and fix those (which was indeed simple enough, just changing the masks).
The fact remains that the diagonals DO NOT WORK (by which I mean, they don't work the way they should : they should be seamless). I failed to fix that early on and got so fed up with having to constantly reform hard work because of stupid patches that I have suspended all simming for the moment. I am not even playing. Not saying that I won't in the future, but for the moment this is it.

I actually made the corrected files pretty much just after the patch, but I never posted them up because the diagonals were still broken. I even made a bunch of new things, but I'm really so fed up that I didn't even have the drive to post anything. I'm still currently mad at EA for ruining MY fun and I didn't even install Late Night -though I do have it-. Until I simmer down, then. Maybe I'll take that up again and try to find out why the diags are wrecked, but for the moment, this too much hassle and I have a life to live.

End rant.

Mad Poster
#92 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 2:32 PM

Thanks so much!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#93 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 12:24 AM
Now it would be awesome if there was some way of embeding these "windows/walls" into real walls.

Anyway, great job
Test Subject
#94 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 6:50 AM
Help! I installed the transparent window/wall, and when I tried to use it, the wall was solid. :/
Test Subject
#95 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 3:01 PM
Errr....... I checked the files with SimsDashboard and it appears that these files are corrupted/empty... and so are your walls transparent... What do I do?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#96 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 7:22 AM
For me, this is the bestest download ever! Can't live without these.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#97 Old 12th May 2011 at 3:01 AM
This is hot
Instructor
THANKS POST
#98 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 7:39 AM
This is great! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#99 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 7:21 AM
woohhhhhhhhh. i love this one... tnx!
#100 Old 17th Aug 2011 at 5:19 PM
my game crashes when I try to place 'em...
Page 4 of 7