Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#701 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 6:45 PM
Quote:
Anyways, anyone running into any performance issues?

For some reason, I can create my family, I can move into a house, but after few minutes playing, the game crashes.
If that's because my game can't handle it, don't mind my message.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#702 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 9:16 AM
I did some brief testing with a new sim and standard SP, as I don't have access to Internet during Easter, so couldn't get twallans, except briefly on my phone. I played for a 24 hour sim day and no crashes, nothing out of the ordinary, played well and looked amazing, except for the odd routing hiccups, like trying to get the sim to return home from the gallery, which apparently was impossible. And a few lot tears, at one of the farm houses for instance. I'll try a longer session when I have the time.
Test Subject
#703 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 2:36 PM
This "lack" only concerns me, but I find that the center lacks a large park ^^
Test Subject
#704 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 5:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
It could be that the lighthouse is set as a hidden tomb building.

Anyways, anyone running into any performance issues?

I haven't found any performance issues, for my laptop it could run smoothly. But I am still having the issue with the lighthouse as I mentioned before. The lot is still inaccessible and have no icon above it in mapview or edit town. And in the game mode it appeared as no available function and Sims cannot be entered.

As far as I played this town, it was like there is only one rabbit hole building in the town(The Hospital) which provided only two career are medical and science. The town has no other rabbit hole and Sims cannot find other kind of jobs to do, only some fake building like police station, city hall, NPC book store and so on.
dodgy builder
#705 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 8:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LLTY90
I haven't found any performance issues, for my laptop it could run smoothly. But I am still having the issue with the lighthouse as I mentioned before. The lot is still inaccessible and have no icon above it in mapview or edit town. And in the game mode it appeared as no available function and Sims cannot be entered.

As far as I played this town, it was like there is only one rabbit hole building in the town(The Hospital) which provided only two career are medical and science. The town has no other rabbit hole and Sims cannot find other kind of jobs to do, only some fake building like police station, city hall, NPC book store and so on.

In those fake buildings, did you find a rug in a prominent place? A round one? Click on it and see what happens. Sometimes it needs to be replaced, if you downloaded the rabbithole rugs, You can just pick up a new one and transfer the color from the old. Did you download the rabbithole rugs at all?
Lab Assistant
#706 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 9:50 AM

If you don't have the rabbit hole rugs in your game, they are replaced with standard round rugs, as you can see in the two offices in the Police Station.

Regarding the tomb, try these steps to see if it makes a difference:
1: testingCheatsenabled true
2: enablelotlocking true

Then if you can click the lot, try unlocking it on the small padlock icon in the bottom right corner.
Test Subject
#707 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 10:37 AM Last edited by LLTY90 : 5th Apr 2015 at 11:05 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by baskerwil
If you don't have the rabbit hole rugs in your game, they are replaced with standard round rugs, as you can see in the two offices in the Police Station.

Regarding the tomb, try these steps to see if it makes a difference:
1: testingCheatsenabled true
2: enablelotlocking true

Then if you can click the lot, try unlocking it on the small padlock icon in the bottom right corner.

Thanks a lot, I can enter the lighthouse lot to edit it now.
Field Researcher
#708 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 12:01 PM
This world is absolutely stunning, but I do have a few small complaints:

It seems to be a bit crashy, though I don't know why. I have a very strong computer, and have been able to play very intensive worlds without a crash for days. I can't tell what triggers it either.
I would rather have something like an IP beach resort at the new motel site, and maybe move the new motel to the place up in the hills where the ruined one is, but that's just preference and playing style.
There is a stark difference in water and terrain colour at the edges of the world, which makes it look a bit unnatural, especially compared to the otherwise excellent terrain sculpting and painting.
I would have loved houseboats, or an area near a road where I could easily build some docks into the water myself.
And I generally would have liked one large empty lot that was flat, so that I could place a store venue there without wonky elevation issues.

Most of these complaints are of course highly personal, but if more people mention them then perhaps those could be areas of change for any new beta's that might be developed. Otherwise I am greatly enjoying this world. The only real significant bummer is the crashyness. I don't know if anyone else experiences this, but it might be smart to save frequently when playing.

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer..

Grandpa Joost 1996 †
Mad Poster
#709 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 2:04 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 5th Apr 2015 at 2:46 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Annique
This world is absolutely stunning, but I do have a few small complaints:

It seems to be a bit crashy, though I don't know why. I have a very strong computer, and have been able to play very intensive worlds without a crash for days. I can't tell what triggers it.

Most of these complaints are of course highly personal, but if more people mention them then perhaps those could be areas of change for any new beta's that might be developed. Otherwise I am greatly enjoying this world. The only real significant bummer is the crashyness. I don't know if anyone else experiences this, but it might be smart to save frequently when playing.

Definitely looking into this as the world crashes for me too. I believe that it has to do with the file size, which mysteriously ballooned to 130mb from 90mb excluding recolors. As such, a save file may overload your RAM, leading to a crash. This is a strange problem, maybe in part due to the fact that I'm still using the 1.55 patch CAW.

My previous world Praaven ended up at 130 mb including recolors, furnished lots and 150 lots, and that was created at a lower patch level. If anyone has any ideas, do let me know!

Thanks for your other suggestions, but the crashing issue is something that needs to be taken care of first.
Lab Assistant
#710 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 7:05 PM
Thanks a lot, I can enter the lighthouse lot to edit it now.

Happy to hear it

Regarding crashing, I still haven't crashed playing my Sim in the world. When Nilxis had problems with his Barcelona world, it was because some of the textures were corrupted I think, and resulted in a huge file size as well. Maybe it's the same issue here? He would know more about it, and I maybe remembering wrong, but try asking him.
Field Researcher
#711 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 8:38 PM Last edited by Annique : 6th Apr 2015 at 9:17 PM.
Just one more addition: I'm pretty much dying for a dive bar in the small village by the sea, at the location of the stylist or on one of the vacant lots there. A sea-salt scoured, charming in its jankyness kind of bar. I keep trying to make something like that and I keep failing XD I can't quite get to the level of atmosphere and detail of the rest of the world.
EDIT: Found a Californian style lighthouse on TSR on a very compact lot, that will blend in perfectly.

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer..

Grandpa Joost 1996 †
Mad Poster
#712 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 6:44 AM
I would rather have something like an IP beach resort at the new motel site, and maybe move the new motel to the place up in the hills where the ruined one is, but that's just preference and playing style.

You should look into converting the base camp into a resort. It would work well with a resort rabbithole rug. Let me know if that works out!

Quote:
There is a stark difference in water and terrain colour at the edges of the world, which makes it look a bit unnatural, especially compared to the otherwise excellent terrain sculpting and painting.

Gonna work on it, I had reused an old INI from Sao Paten.

Quote:
I would have loved houseboats, or an area near a road where I could easily build some docks into the water myself.

If I I add them, they will likely be around Seacliffe, on the empty side of the road.

Quote:
And I generally would have liked one large empty lot that was flat, so that I could place a store venue there without wonky elevation issues.

Will definitely look into it, though I don't really want to disturb the landscape too much. If you can find a place that would be suitable, that would be great. IMO once issues are fixed, I will probably release a version with all store content integrated into the world.

Just one more addition: I'm pretty much dying for a dive bar in the small village by the sea, at the location of the stylist or on one of the vacant lots there. A sea-salt scoured, charming in its jankyness kind of bar. I keep trying to make something like that and I keep failing XD I can't quite get to the level of atmosphere and detail of the rest of the world.
EDIT: Found a Californian style lighthouse on TSR on a very compact lot, that will blend in perfectly.

IMO the 'On the Point' diner can be converted to a dive bar, it's kind of the theme anyways (semi-nautical, retro diner). You may look into getting rid of the grocery store and replacing it with a bar.

Happy to hear it

Regarding crashing, I still haven't crashed playing my Sim in the world. When Nilxis had problems with his Barcelona world, it was because some of the textures were corrupted I think, and resulted in a huge file size as well. Maybe it's the same issue here? He would know more about it, and I maybe remembering wrong, but try asking him.

Definitely looking into it, hopefully this issue can be resolved soon.
Test Subject
#713 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 7:42 AM
I got problem with the Rabbit Hole Rugs. In some locations the rug cannot be use because the decorations inside the building had block the way for Sims to enter the rabbit hole, that made me to relocate the rugs or redecorate the room myself.

But I wonder why the mod developer forgot to covert the rabbit hole rug for Restaurant? There is only rabbit hole rug for Dinner, it is a different thing.
Lab Assistant
#714 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 3:26 PM
I got problem with the Rabbit Hole Rugs. In some locations the rug cannot be use because the decorations inside the building had block the way for Sims to enter the rabbit hole, that made me to relocate the rugs or redecorate the room myself.

But I wonder why the mod developer forgot to covert the rabbit hole rug for Restaurant? There is only rabbit hole rug for Dinner, it is a different thing.

There is a bistro rug, I have it in my game. The author pulled it from MTS, so you have to ask on her site. Just google Bistro rabbit hole rug
Lab Assistant
#715 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 3:34 PM
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=545583 I think Auntielynds helped Nilxis with the textures here. Maybe check those for file size bloat?
Mad Poster
#716 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 2:32 AM
A short break as I update my game and CAW from 1.55 to 1.67. I'll be back soon!
Mad Poster
#717 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 8:51 PM
Ok then.

I'll be releasing an optimized version over the next few days. Hopefully this will resolve the crashing people are experiencing.

Many thanks to Auntielynds, who truly is the fairy godmother of the Create-a-World community

Quote: Originally posted by auntielynds
I did a Save As, and still the same size. I then looked at both files in s3pe. I exported all the _IMG's with a name in both the original world, and your altered world. The altered file was 40mb larger. There were a lot more files, but I also found that some of the files were not saved in the correct .dds format. The two DT's were over 22mb, and when saved correctly went down to a little over 5mbs. There were also some terrain textures that should have been 1.33 mb's, but were over 5mb's.

What you'll need to do is pull all the textures into your paint program and re-save them as DXT5 .dds. Then, using s3pe, delete all of the _IMG files, with and without names. If you have any textures that are not linked up to a texture in your source textures they will turn brown, and you'll have to link them up. Do this with a copy of the world first to make sure it's all okay.

Let me know how it goes.
Lab Assistant
#718 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 11:14 PM
Ok then.

I'll be releasing an optimized version over the next few days. Hopefully this will resolve the crashing people are experiencing.

Many thanks to Auntielynds, who truly is the fairy godmother of the Create-a-World community

Ah this makes me happy! Happy to hear you got in touch with her
Mad Poster
#719 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 6:23 AM

Now released- Point Ouerbacker Testing Version 8!

Quote:
V8 Changelist
- Reduced world size by 40 MB, thanks Auntielynds for the help!
- Fixed routing for major issues.

Download Link:

Quote:
Unfortunately, this world requires a tiny bit of CC. You will need Awesims' Cornices, which have been included in this set due to her site going down (please let me know if this violates the TOU), and two bits of distant terrain mods (also included). You will also need Jynx's Rabbithole rugs (Found here ).

Things Highly Suggested (uses objects from these EPs):
Quote:
  • Showtime
  • Generations
  • Seasons
  • Supernatural
  • University Life
  • Island Paradise

Things not Required:
Quote:
  • Stuff Packs
  • Sims 3 Store Items, but room has been made for some items.
  • Your First-born, or an arm/leg
  • Money

Other Suggested Mods:
Quote:
  • I also suggest you get NRaas' MasterController, StoryProgression, Register, and Overwatch if you want a generally better game. (Found here )
  • Shimrod's Townies out on the Town mod will force sims to visit community lots- meaning fewer empty lots! (Found here )

Thanks for the feedback so far, and have more happy testing!
Lab Assistant
#720 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 7:19 AM

Now released- Point Ouerbacker Testing Version 8!

*snip*

Thanks for the feedback so far, and have more happy testing!

Brilliant! How does the new version fare for you? You said you experienced crashes with the former, which I didn't seem to, so I'm curious if it's working better for you?
Mad Poster
#721 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 12:47 PM
No crashes so far.
Mad Poster
#722 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 4:43 PM
Anyone playing with this world, please let me know how it goes!
Lab Assistant
#723 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 5:35 PM
Anyone playing with this world, please let me know how it goes!

I have nothing new to report, it's a great world and i'm still thoroughly enjoying it when I can. Haven't installed the new version though, will get to it. As soon as the water ini is fixed, it'll be a perfect seaside holiday town!
Mad Poster
#724 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 2:05 AM Last edited by jje1000 : 19th Apr 2015 at 2:19 AM.
As soon as the water ini is fixed, it'll be a perfect seaside holiday town!

This one's a bit trickier to fix- I think it's partially due to the fact that the water is really just a flat distant terrain object, and that the haze affects it. I tried darkening the object, but it doesn't really have an effect.

I can think of a few ways to fix it, but none are ideal:

- Change the way the distant terrain object is rendered. I have no working knowledge on how this would be possible.
- Create a custom distant terrain. I have no working knowledge on how this.
- Lighten water to match the surroundings, but it creates a lighter shade of water. I don't really like it, but others do (considering the popularity of sky blue water in weather mods). Another problem is that the distant terrain, being affected by the haze, changes color depending on how close you are to it. A 100% match is impossible.
- Darken skies. Haven't tried it yet, but there are certain limits as to how dark the sky can get and remain looking realistic.

Here is an image below. Your opinions?
The water color comes fairly close, but changes depending on your location. Lighter than original. Doesn't match up when you zoom in.

However, during sunsets and sunrises, the color of the water is dramatically different. I could change the colors to match, but you would essentially get orange water.

Maybe the best way is to find some middle ground and explain away the rest as "lore?"
Lab Assistant
#725 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 9:05 AM
This one's a bit trickier to fix- I think it's partially due to the fact that the water is really just a flat distant terrain object, and that the haze affects it. I tried darkening the object, but it doesn't really have an effect.

I can think of a few ways to fix it, but none are ideal:

- Change the way the distant terrain object is rendered. I have no working knowledge on how this would be possible.
- Create a custom distant terrain. I have no working knowledge on how this.
- Lighten water to match the surroundings, but it creates a lighter shade of water. I don't really like it, but others do (considering the popularity of sky blue water in weather mods). Another problem is that the distant terrain, being affected by the haze, changes color depending on how close you are to it. A 100% match is impossible.
- Darken skies. Haven't tried it yet, but there are certain limits as to how dark the sky can get and remain looking realistic.

Here is an image below. Your opinions?
The water color comes fairly close, but changes depending on your location. Lighter than original. Doesn't match up when you zoom in.

However, during sunsets and sunrises, the color of the water is dramatically different. I could change the colors to match, but you would essentially get orange water.

Maybe the best way is to find some middle ground and explain away the rest as "lore?"

Haha love the last sentence. "Come to Point Ouerbacker, famous for it's orange water!" But yes, I can see how it's tricky. I know Nilxis uses a lot of custom distant terrain, for instance in his latest version of his Greenland world, so maybe confer with him? But if it's a huge bother, then do what's easiest for you. I had hoped it was just a question of tweaking the ini's
Page 29 of 31