Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 7:26 PM
Default Can this be fix with Sims3Dasboard?
Ok, I was just organizing new CC and mods I've downloaded earlier, doing some routine stuff before merging them, new ones.. old ones, checking them with Sims3Dashboard, tested them, and on all of that stuff.., but today I was doing it differently from I used to when organizing them before I put them together for merging, I put all package files that ready for merge in subfolder inside my scanning folder I set up for Sims3Dasboard to scan them.

At first, I didn't know that Sims3Dashboard will also scan the subfolder inside it when I hit the "Refresh List" button for scanning another group of package files that I want to merge, and in fact it did scan all of them including the subfolder where I put the other package files group that I already scanned, I was glad to know that the result was no problem at all.. so it's all good to go.

So.. I guess I just discovered another way how to use Sims3Dasboard, and I was just curios what happened if I scanned the main TS3 BG folder? So I scanned my C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Electronic Arts\..

It scanned all folders and subfolders inside it, including TS3 BG and all EPs+SPs plus patch 1.67 I've installed, and part of the screen result is in the picture

No wonder the game still have lot of problems with lagging and freezing, not just conflicts and duplicates, some of them were corrupted!!

I don't know if these conflicts, duplicates and corrupted files were okay as they meant to be like that, or needs fix, if so.. are they fixable? If they are.. what tools do I need to fix them with, is it just Sims3Dashboard or do I need something else??

Thank you in advance
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 7:30 PM
This is very interesting..me will stay posted.
The ones labelled as bad downloads would worry me...as they aren't downloads to start with. The conflicts ones..might be normal, as the game files are probably updating eachother...
And..I have a similar result. Just scanned the whole thing.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 9:20 PM
Are you certain that Dashboard is even designed to process and properly interpret game data files like that? It's a great tool for what it does, but I think you might be expecting a little too much from it.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 9:52 PM Last edited by barbarat : 27th Jul 2015 at 9:57 PM. Reason: Added Link
igazor is correct. The Dashboard is not designed to interpret the core game files. You really only want to use the Dashboard for your Mods folder.
Nona has a great guide for understanding conflicts/Delphys Dashboard. Since Simlogical's original site is no longer available the guide is now Located Here but the original document is unformatted and missing illustrations and detail. I have a copy of the the original as it was on Simlogical in PDF format and have it shared Here On Mediafire. After the document loads you will be able to enlarge for viewing using the tools at the bottom of the page.

Edit: Perhaps some of the suggestions in Tips For Better Game Performance will help you resolve the lags and freezing you are experiencing.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 6:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Are you certain that Dashboard is even designed to process and properly interpret game data files like that?

To be honest.. I don't know, I just did that based on my curiosity what it will found as it scans the whole contents inside folders and subfolders, maybe I was expecting a little too much from the tool but the findings are interesting.

Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
igazor is correct. The Dashboard is not designed to interpret the core game files. You really only want to use the Dashboard for your Mods folder.
Nona has a great guide for understanding conflicts/Delphys Dashboard. Since Simlogical's original site is no longer available the guide is now Located Here but the original document is unformatted and missing illustrations and detail. I have a copy of the the original as it was on Simlogical in PDF format and have it shared Here On Mediafire. After the document loads you will be able to enlarge for viewing using the tools at the bottom of the page.

Edit: Perhaps some of the suggestions in Tips For Better Game Performance will help you resolve the lags and freezing you are experiencing.

Thanks for the links Barbarat, my game wasn't really lagging or freezing, but that doesn't mean it never happened because it does once or twice sometimes.

Yes I agree with you and the others maybe the tool wasn't designed to interpret the core game files, but from what I've read from the links you provided and from what I found when organizing my CC and mods, the tool checks what inside the "package" files for those it founds.

The reason why I converted all of my CC (Sims3Package) to package file and merged them with mods I've downloaded, because if I just install my CC via launcher, the package files its created in DCBackup folder (though later on I deleted them all except for ccmerged), some of them were conflicting with the package files inside my Mods folder. This I understand because some of the creators maybe uses the same contents (with the one I have in my Mods folder) and packed them together inside Sims3Package file. So my basic understanding, instead of installing them directly via launcher, it's better to converted them first to package files, put them together inside my Mods folder and then check them with Dashboard. This is why my gameplay reasonably smooth, I almost never experiencing significant lags or freezing, but that doesn't mean it never happened at all.

And since I just knew that the tool is actually scanning subfolders inside folders, then I thought.. why not TS3? It has tons of package files inside them, and the result was just... surprised me. Based on the guide in dealing with lags and freezes, we're not supposed to have conflicts, duplicates and corrupts inside package files, but for the result it founds, I have no idea what to do with them, should we just leave it like that, or are we supposed to have those conflicts, duplicates and corrupts? Based on CC vs Mods (package file), the answer is no, based from the guide in dealing with lags and freezes the answer is also no, but I don't know with the result I found from scanning TS3, and I don't understand why do I have corrupted package because of bad download, the only thing I downloaded was the patch 1.67 (and it's not corrupted otherwise I wouldn't be able to patched it in the 1st place), the rest were come from installing from the game from its copy of DVDs I bought.

Therefore I just put them here, maybe we can dig it together to have the right or better answer(s) for it.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 1:50 PM
What we are trying to say is that the alleged corruption is not real. Those are false reports because Dashboard is not equipped to handle those kinds of files even though they are of type .package. As for the conflicts and dupes, those would be expected since the Delta Build files have content that is duplicative of the Full Build files. If you really manage to "fix" the conflicts and dupes somehow, you will most likely break your game installation.

Note that Dashboard is not meant to provide meaningful results on script and core mods either, even though those are also .package type files.

If you are concerned that something might be odd with your game's patching, run the SuperPatcher.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 1:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
What we are trying to say is that the alleged corruption is not real. Those are false reports because Dashboard is not equipped to handle those kinds of files even though they are of type .package. As for the conflicts and dupes, those would be expected since the Delta Build files have content that is duplicative of the Full Build files. If you really manage to "fix" the conflicts and dupes somehow, you will most likely break your game installation.

Note that Dashboard is not meant to provide meaningful results on script and core mods either, even though those are also .package type files.

If you are concerned that something might be odd with your game's patching, run the SuperPatcher.

Thanks for the inputs Igazor, I've tried to re-downloaded the 1.67 patch but the result, it's still the same, I even try new installation in my backup hard disk drive, just installed the base game and patched it with 1.67, the Deltabuild0 still corrupted, even with base game and patched it with older patch that came from my EP1 WA disc, the Deltabuild0 file is still corrupted.

I was thinking.. oh well, maybe it was supposed to be like that anyway.. because all the results are still the same, so for a while I gave up the idea to fixing it and just moved on with my CAW project and my little obsession on how to replace the default (fictional) cars with Fresh Prince's cars, and somehow I did managed to replaced them with realistic cars from Fresh Prince. Whilst I was doing them I found out that there are lots of duplicates between Deltabuild0 and Fullbuild0, there were two versions of OBJDs MODLs MLODs VPXYs for cars and other objects as well as the _xml, and that's why I looked into your suggestion again in this thread to understand more, and so I decided to break up the Deltabuild0 and Fullbuild0 with S3PE and S3OC to make some samples to compare with and see what can I found.

And finally, I think I may be able to cure the problem, though I'm not really sure if I may conclude it that way, I think I may need some more inputs to analyze to conclude it. but I found the conflicts and duplicate ones which were objects and _xml data, and the corrupted files in Deltabuild0 were came from the TXTC data, which happened to be empty that's why it was marked red by Sims3Dashboard, so I removed them with S3PE, and the result are in, no more corrupted Deltabuild0 and no more conflicts and duplicates between Deltabuild0 and Fullbuild0, and least but not last, I managed to compact the size of the files even after I added some Fresh Prince's cars to Deltabuild0 and Fullbuild0, they were about 200mb files that are doubles/duplicates which also creates conflicts, here is the screen shot.

PS: I'm still not sure if it's just only me or.., but I feel like moving mods files to those two, makes the game's performance better/faster with mods that I have, but I do think it feels it improves a lot better than it was, so.. I think it is indeed that Sims3Dashboard can not fixed them, but it sure does tell that something isn't right either
Screenshots
Alchemist
#8 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 2:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PapaEmy
Thanks for the inputs Igazor, I've tried to re-downloaded the 1.67 patch but the result, it's still the same, I even try new installation in my backup hard disk drive, just installed the base game and patched it with 1.67, the Deltabuild0 still corrupted, even with base game and patched it with older patch that came from my EP1 WA disc, the Deltabuild0 file is still corrupted.

I was thinking.. oh well, maybe it was supposed to be like that anyway.. because all the results are still the same, so for a while I gave up the idea to fixing it and just moved on with my CAW project and my little obsession on how to replace the default (fictional) cars with Fresh Prince's cars, and somehow I did managed to replaced them with realistic cars from Fresh Prince. Whilst I was doing them I found out that there are lots of duplicates between Deltabuild0 and Fullbuild0, there were two versions of OBJDs MODLs MLODs VPXYs for cars and other objects as well as the _xml, and that's why I looked into your suggestion again in this thread to understand more, and so I decided to break up the Deltabuild0 and Fullbuild0 with S3PE and S3OC to make some samples to compare with and see what can I found.

And finally, I think I may be able to cure the problem, though I'm not really sure if I may conclude it that way, I think I may need some more inputs to analyze to conclude it. but I found the conflicts and duplicate ones which were objects and _xml data, and the corrupted files in Deltabuild0 were came from the TXTC data, which happened to be empty that's why it was marked red by Sims3Dashboard, so I removed them with S3PE, and the result are in, no more corrupted Deltabuild0 and no more conflicts and duplicates between Deltabuild0 and Fullbuild0, and least but not last, I managed to compact the size of the files even after I added some Fresh Prince's cars to Deltabuild0 and Fullbuild0, they were about 200mb files that are doubles/duplicates which also creates conflicts, here is the screen shot.

PS: I'm still not sure if it's just only me or.., but I feel like moving mods files to those two, makes the game's performance better/faster with mods that I have, but I do think it feels it improves a lot better than it was, so.. I think it is indeed that Sims3Dashboard can not fixed them, but it sure does tell that something isn't right either

I'm not sure if you actually understood what Igazor said. These game files are not corrupted. If you attempt to tamper with them, you'll be the one to corrupt them.

Did you remove TXTC resources from the package and merge custom contents to these files?? If that makes you happy, then good, but you're on your own.

Just call me Nikel
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
I'm not sure if you actually understood what Igazor said. These game files are not corrupted. If you attempt to tamper with them, you'll be the one to corrupt them.

Did you remove TXTC resources from the package and merge custom contents to these files?? If that makes you happy, then good, but you're on your own.

that's why I'm testing them, if it breaks, it breaks, if it fails it fails, just reinstall the game..

Yes I did removed some TXTC from Deltabuild0, and no I didn't merged the custom content into them, but I replaced them with data from custom content cars to replace default cars so cc cars would run just like default cars
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 5:28 AM
that's why I'm testing them, if it breaks, it breaks, if it fails it fails, just reinstall the game..

Yes I did removed some TXTC from Deltabuild0, and no I didn't merged the custom content into them, but I replaced them with data from custom content cars to replace default cars so cc cars would run just like default cars

Test all you want. What they all try to convince you is that all you want to do here is blind surgery of a quark doctor. You have zero knowledge of what EA core design is. Your only tool is Dashboard with was not even designed for it. Honestly, there is no point. This is real life, not movies: you can't randomly push a few buttons on a spaceship and it miraculously work.

But feel free to test, it is your game after all.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
You have zero knowledge of what EA core design is. Your only tool is Dashboard with was not even designed for it.

What is it with you about me asking something I'd like to know, I'd like to learn, i'd like to test have to do with my knowledge?? I know what they were saying to convinced me, I know Dashboard can't fixed them (if there's even something wrong with them) as i already said it above, and i wasn't talking about Dasboard anymore, I already got my answer, Dashboard CAN"T FIXED IT!!

Yes Sims3Dashboard wasn't designed for the purpose of guys have thought, and I wasn't here to make a debate about Dashboard, or suggesting anyone should do what I was doing or trying to do, but the fact also tells that it wasn't designed to give false result, a machine/program won't lie, anyone can use it for the wrong purpose and have false report because of that or it won't work at all, and therefore I used S3PE and S3OC while I was doing something else apart from what I asked here in the 1st place. And it was by coincidence that it was related with my question here, and therefore I thanked Igazor for mentioning about what inside Deltabuild0 and Fullbuild0 files.

Because of him/her, I've learned something, I've learned what the creators here were doing for all of us here, and thanks to him/her.. I managed to replaced the fictional cars with realistic cars from Fresh Prince that I always wanted it but don't know how, and it works, the game isn't crashing or flickering or doing any weird behavior at all, and also thanks to him/her.. it is indeed there's a lot of duplicates and conflicts inside those two files, there's two identical _xml, MODL, MLOD or other data for cop car or any other objects, I never said that EA has done anything wrong with it, but it's also telling me that Dashboard wasn't giving a false report after all, that's why I tested them, what happened if I removed them? Will the game work? Hey.. so far.. it's working and I found no problem at all.., why don't you see it yourself?? Oh I forgot to mentioned.. with S3PE please, unless you can open and break the files with SIms3Dashboard..

So sweety.., I'm sorry to disappointed you because of my zero knowledge of EA core designed or whatever, because this is also a real life sweety, there's no magic button in S3PE or Dashboard like you thought, so if you think that you're so smart by telling other because they have no knowledge like you, then why don't you teach everyone so they can be as smart as you.., I'm sure it'll be appreciated.. thank you.. hope you have a good day..
Field Researcher
#12 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 6:53 PM
Yes Sims3Dashboard wasn't designed for the purpose of guys have thought, and I wasn't here to make a debate about Dashboard, or suggesting anyone should do what I was doing or trying to do, but the fact also tells that it wasn't designed to give false result, a machine/program won't lie, anyone can use it for the wrong purpose and have false report because of that or it won't work at all, and therefore I used S3PE and S3OC while I was doing something else apart from what I asked here in the 1st place. And it was by coincidence that it was related with my question here, and therefore I thanked Igazor for mentioning about what inside Deltabuild0 and Fullbuild0 files.

The program can't lie no, but have you ever heard the phrase "garbage in, garbage out"? You gave it data it wasn't designed to process and when it couldn't process a file it wasn't designed to process it reported to you that it must be broken because it couldn't process it. It has no idea that you handed it something it shouldn't be able to process.

If I can't stick a DVD in my mp3 player and make it play that doesn't mean the DVD is broken. Although I might wind up breaking it if I keep trying to stick it into my mp3 player.
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by proxiehunter
The program can't lie no, but have you ever heard the phrase "garbage in, garbage out"? You gave it data it wasn't designed to process and when it couldn't process a file it wasn't designed to process it reported to you that it must be broken because it couldn't process it. It has no idea that you handed it something it shouldn't be able to process.

If I can't stick a DVD in my mp3 player and make it play that doesn't mean the DVD is broken. Although I might wind up breaking it if I keep trying to stick it into my mp3 player.

I understand your point, and I never said that two identical _xmls, MODLs or MLODs were broken (though if I scanned them with dashboard they were found duplicates/conflicts), that's why I'm testing them, what happened if I removed them, so far it gives me a lot of answers while I was trying replaced the fictional cars, and that's why I'm testing them, if it breaks/fails it will break/fail, that's why I backed up the original files if it didn't work, that's why i'm doing it in two different computers to compares each other.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 8:10 PM
I understand your point, and I never said that two identical _xmls, MODLs or MLODs were broken (though if I scanned them with dashboard they were found duplicates/conflicts), that's why I'm testing them, what happened if I removed them, so far it gives me a lot of answers while I was trying replaced the fictional cars, and that's why I'm testing them, if it breaks/fails it will break/fail, that's why I backed up the original files if it didn't work, that's why i'm doing it in two different computers to compares each other.

Hello PapaEmy ... Hopefully this reference will help you going forward:
Nona from Simlogical has an excellent guide explaining mods, cc and conflicts using the Dashboard. Since Simlogical moved their files the original document that was moved is unformatted and missing illustrations and detail. I have put the original formatted, illustrated document of Nona's Understanding Mods and CC Conflicts in PDF format For Download At Mediafire . Once downloaded the document might be too small to view... There is a little bar at the bottom of the page to adjust the size so it can be easily read. Just put your mouse pointer at the bottom of the page and the bar becomes available for resizing.
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
Hello PapaEmy ... Hopefully this reference will help you going forward:
Nona from Simlogical has an excellent guide explaining mods, cc and conflicts using the Dashboard. Since Simlogical moved their files the original document that was moved is unformatted and missing illustrations and detail. I have put the original formatted, illustrated document of Nona's Understanding Mods and CC Conflicts in PDF format For Download At Mediafire . Once downloaded the document might be too small to view... There is a little bar at the bottom of the page to adjust the size so it can be easily read. Just put your mouse pointer at the bottom of the page and the bar becomes available for resizing.

Hi Barbarat, thanks for your help, I think I have downloaded the one you gave me earlier, I think it's the same one right? But for now I think I won't be needing much of sims3dashboard as I try to understand more about using S3PE and currently learning about ILL and DLL at this http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=355295, but so far sims3dashboard, S3PE and S3OC also helps me understanding the basic characteristic on how the game reads its package files.

From what I have understood on why sims3dashboard reads them as duplicates/conflicts/corrupts, it reads them (two identical data) as they're pulled out from the whole content of package files and compared them side by side in the same folder, this is okay if we were talking about checking the mods as its purpose, that's why it's been recommended for checking our mods files, but it may gives false conclusion if I try to conclude them such as broken database (as you guys trying to convince me ), but if anyone would say that Dashboard gives false report, I don't think so, because it's actually doing its job as it was designed to, when it found two identical data, it at least will say that they're duplicates, it can gives misleading perception if it's being misused but not as false report, because it depends on what we are trying to found and for what purpose.

This is also might explains on why TS3 gameplay performance is so smooth if it was BG alone was being installed without any EP or SP or mods and without being patched at all, because TS3 will only have Fullbuild0,1,2 as its main database, but when the game being patched to any newer version, it will have Deltabuild0,1,2 as the newer database, some new stuff were being added into it, and some will still rely on the older one, so the game reads both of them, and in my case as I try to replace the default cars, I found two OBJDs for cop car, one is version 15 and one is version 16 as the newer one in Deltabuild0, so from Deltabuild0 and Fullbuild0 combined I found two _XMLs, two MODLs, two MLODs, two _RIGs and two RSLTs, but only one OBJK and one VPXY data for just one object as I was trying to replace the cop car with Ford Crown Victoria Interceptor,

Now the question for me to have Ford Crown Victoria as its replacement, do I still need both versions of them? The original data from the mod file data was 1 version only which is version 16, the one I cloned with S3OC for sample also only give me 1 version of it which is version 16 as well, so apparently it can be yes and no as the answers, and that's why on other objects or stuff, do I still need the older versions because it has a newer version in Deltabuild0 already? Yes and no, so I tested them by removing them and that's why my Fullbuild0 shrink to just under 800mb from almost 1gb file, will I corrupt them with this? No, because these files are static, they don't change/move as the files in TS3 documents folder because some of them are cacheable, but these files stay the same as they are, I could miss something if I removed the wrong one, but won't necessarily corrupting them.

Do this thing have some benefits? Yes for me personally, because I can move some of the mods stuff that I have to the game directly, all the original stuff I've been replaced with mods files, loads faster compares to them when they were still in the mods folder and stay as mods, this will also reduce the size of my mods folder and automatically reduces my TS3 documents folder as a whole, with this I can have more freedom in space I needed when I'm using the RAMDisk when I only have 8gb of ram, and the overall difference is quite significant when I checked them with Process Monitor.

So I hope that could explain what I was trying to do here, and thanks to you guys especially Igazor and Barbarat, now I know how to exploit my TS3 anyway I want , so far it runs good as it was normally but even better, I'm not trying to conclude anything here.. but I will test this for the time being and let's see what comes up, my daughter also helps me testing them while playing her game.., I hope she won't find anything weird..

PS: Check out my 5.0 yo :D
Screenshots