Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#201 Old 6th Sep 2010 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WesHowe
Even my UniMesh plug-ins (for TS2), which haven't had a major revision in years, are still in TESTERS WANTED status. Permanent beta, I guess.

I have been looking for another interested party who would like to take ownership of it. It is a C program compiled with a C++ compiler. No wimpy object-obfuscated code for me.

Perhaps I could help you. Even if I'm not a math wizard, I've strong knowledge of C/C++ and I'm comfortable in 3D & animation. I don't have much time since school has resumed, but I really want to understand why I'm not able to create a "working" anim. :P
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#202 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 10:05 PM
I have been programming for years; I also looked into the clip format for awhile (but found it too daunting). I would be more than happy to take over the AnimTool.

Error: Keyboard not attached. Press F1 to continue. - Windows XP Setup
Hey! It compiles! Ship it! - Microsoft
Love is Hate. War is Peace. Windows is stable. - 1984 (sort of)
Test Subject
#203 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 2:44 AM
Unable to open file: UUAS.animation
Error 2

What is it?

EDIT : It's WORK!! I will capture some screen that i make
Lab Assistant
#204 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 7:12 PM
So.......from what I've read, it's not the inserting custom animations that's hard, it's the fact that if the bones and joints don't match, the sims do weird things?
Lab Assistant
#205 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 3:23 PM
Ok, I need some help. I followed this tutorial (http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?t...stom_Animations) from rothn using the old AnimTool (rothn's AnimTool looked a complete pain to setup). When I load the ms3d file, it throws at me a bunch of errors and the preview screen showes tonnes of green lines flying off all over the place. What have I done wrong?
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#206 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 5:23 PM
Can we see a pic please?

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
#207 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cmomoney
Can we see a pic please?

HELP!?
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#208 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 5:54 PM
Open Milkshape, go to File->Preferences, click on the Misc tab, and change Joint Size to 0.008000.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
#209 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 6:22 PM
Open Milkshape, go to File->Preferences, click on the Misc tab, and change Joint Size to 0.008000.

It worked! Except the animation doesn't play and it gives me errors about vertex lengths or something when I open it.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#210 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 7:18 PM
You can ignore the errors. You have imported a .smd?

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
#211 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 8:27 PM
You can ignore the errors. You have imported a .smd?

Nope. I clicked Clip to SMD in AnimTool and it created an MS3D file.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#212 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 8:38 PM
If you create a folder, and in it put the rigfile.txt and the CLIP file, when you press clip to smd it creates a .smd file with the same name of the clip. Then you import that into Milkshape with the Half-Life SMD import option. After it imports, you click the anim button in the bottom right corner and the play button.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
#213 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 6:12 PM
If you create a folder, and in it put the rigfile.txt and the CLIP file, when you press clip to smd it creates a .smd file with the same name of the clip. Then you import that into Milkshape with the Half-Life SMD import option. After it imports, you click the anim button in the bottom right corner and the play button.

And I take it I can export it as SMD too?

EDIT: That didn't work. The model doesn't animate at all. I definately extracted an animation and the info window in animtool displays it correctly.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#214 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 6:27 PM
Yes, then smd to clip in the animtool.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
#215 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 6:27 PM
That didn't work. The model doesn't animate at all. I definately extracted an animation and the info window in animtool displays it correctly.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#216 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 6:44 PM
Have you seen this tutorial?

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
#217 Old 11th Jan 2011 at 4:24 PM Last edited by DarkSilence : 11th Jan 2011 at 9:23 PM.
Ok, so I made a simple object with two options. Everything works correctly! Only thing that doesn't work, is when the animation is played, it plays the original animation I exported! It hasn't changed at all! Either that, or the jazz script isn't working.

EDIT: Infact! Scratch that! It doesn't play an animation at all..
Test Subject
#218 Old 8th Feb 2011 at 5:45 PM
Got a problem, everything seems to work well except one thing . When I put a cloned object in game , unfortunately, "do animation" interaction doesnt appear .
One more thing,where can I get a adult female base mesh for animation ?
Test Subject
#219 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 9:40 AM
very good!! thanks
Field Researcher
#220 Old 7th May 2011 at 7:18 PM
Thanks for continuing to update this utility Wes. I'm about to try some longer animations so your latest version comes just at the right time.
Test Subject
#221 Old 8th May 2011 at 5:34 PM
This is awesome. Thanks Wes. I'm looking forward to trying out version 5
Test Subject
#222 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 8:38 PM
How about some instructions please. I understand that you know how to use it, would you mind filling the rest of us in? Thank you
Test Subject
#223 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 8:39 PM
Default At least you know how to use it
Quote: Originally posted by ssproductions
This is awesome. Thanks Wes. I'm looking forward to trying out version 5
Hey, do you want to fill us in?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#224 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by axron27
Hey, do you want to fill us in?

The very first message has a link to a tutorial. I will repeat the link here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=438716

Good luck with your modding... with your reading comprehension skills, you will need it.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Test Subject
#225 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 1:02 AM
Default Actually I did read that one
Quote: Originally posted by WesHowe
The very first message has a link to a tutorial. I will repeat the link here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=438716

Good luck with your modding... with your reading comprehension skills, you will need it.

<* Wes *>
I appreciate your efforts to make cool mods for the sims 3, but insulting those who ask you for help is a bit much. The link shows how to use the Anim Tool to put poses into the player, it doesn't show how to use the tool itself to make poses. When I use it, it doesn't seem to allow me to do anything but import export. I'm sorry I troubled you your highness, I'll figure it out on my own. Thanks for nothing. I still think your mods are cool however, and they are appreciated.
Page 9 of 11