Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#201 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 2:42 AM
Yeah I know but I'm just worried about the fact that Round Four didn't have a second and third place since no one else did a picture.
Advertisement
Original Poster
#202 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 5:25 AM
Well, it wouldn't be fair if their not completing their rounds affected the person who did, and won.
#203 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 7:18 AM
Congrats aimse!
Scholar
#204 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 9:56 AM
Even if you did copy one of my round entries... congrats aimsme!

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Test Subject
#205 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 1:14 PM
Congrats aimsme. And I wouldn't be proud if I won this contest as it was not organised at all. I'm not as rude as the host.
Field Researcher
#206 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 1:34 PM
!!!!CONRATS aimsme!!!!
#207 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 2:19 PM
I'm a thread stalked and I would like to point out Dreea did ask the question 7 hours before you posted results and so should have been answered and given a chance.

[That is all]
Original Poster
#208 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 4:54 PM
I also posted results late. We can't all get to a computer whenever we need to.
#209 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 7:33 PM
Oh... my... gosh! Thankyou all so, so much! *hugs Connectzee, francisca, Dreea and everyone else she can think of*

That is probably the best thing I could have come back to S2C to, ever. XD
Test Subject
#210 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 9:01 PM
aimsme, I only wish you will get a star because in my opinion this contest should not be eligible for a star. Period.
retired moderator
#211 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 12:26 AM
OK guys...

I know all too well how frustrating contests can be sometimes, but the digs and rudeness do not belong in this thread or in any other contests either. We all want this forum to be fun for everyone (host, judge, contestant, lurker, whatever) and bickering back and forth isn't fun to read or have to deal with. So even if your frustration or confusion gets the best of you, take a second to calm down before you post or even bring your issue to a Moderator to deal with if you feel like you can't handle it appropriately.

I am less than enthused as to how this contest evolved and ended, but what's done is done. It's too bad that this contest may not have finished how some wanted or some think it should have, but what's done is done. At this time, I will say that the winner aimsme is eligible for a star. The rules for earning a star simply state that the contest must have 4 rounds, there is nothing formally stated about not being eligible based on being declared winner by default. So congratulations, aimsme

In regards to future contests, I'd like to leave you all with a few things:

Firstly, it might be a good idea for contest hosts not to advertise the star as being a prize for winners. The rules definitely still apply that contest winners may earn a star, but hosts shouldn't imply that it is an automatic prize. It isn't up to the hosts to hand out stars, and the host doesn't know for 100% sure that he/she will indeed successfully host the 4 rounds that are necessary for a contestant to be eligible for a star.

Secondly (and this is directed to all hosts), most hosts who have asked me for an extension for their contest usually get one. I don't think I have ever turned down an extension for a contest whose host was doing an adequate job with their hosting responsibilities. There are things that come up in real life that sometimes interfere with our online life and prevent us from meeting set deadlines. But if you just let me know a little before-hand and ask politely for an extension, you will be given one. I would rather a host ask for an extension than just disregard their deadline and exceed that deadline without at least letting me know what's going on.

Lastly, please respond to each other with a little more respect - definitely more than I've seen here in this thread. No one needs to ask or answer a valid question with sarcasm. This isn't a great way to communicate. The Moderators try, very hard, to keep contests as fun as they can be. But whenever there is competition, there is the possibility for drama. So again, just take some time to write out a respectful, calm, non-sarcastic post in order to get your point across in a mature manner.

I think the contestants who participated successfully throughout this contest did an awesome job, and I wish you all good luck with future contests. (And thanks for reading my whole post!)

Formerly known as boolPropped

Page 9 of 9