Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#126 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 2:06 PM
Remember guys, closing is tonight at 11:59 Central Time! I won't have a computer then, but I will be looking at the times posted when I get up Sunday morning.

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
Advertisement
#127 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 2:32 PM
Default ROUND FOUR: I.nfectious
Name: Badgers Lodge
Lot Size: 3x3
Value: ??

Front View:

I noticed on the plans next to the stairs it said about an optional basement, so I added a basement.

Basement Aerial:
Basement

Ground Floor Aerial:

First Floor Aerial:

Free Shots:

Field Researcher
#128 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 7:33 PM
front

level1

level2

xtra shots

Residential sims2 updated June 23, 2007
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#129 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 9:05 PM
Just looking for three more entries! Get em in!

~*I'm a she*~
Scholar
#130 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 10:38 PM
Well, I'm out. I was literaly in the process of preparing my photos for upload, and my computer just died, I get the blue screen of death, the reason is "unmountable boot drive". So, I'll have to bring it in. I'm sure I'll loose the whole drive. I'm so tired of this, every computer I've bought from Best Buy has failed within the first 10 months I've had it, and they try to say it's my fault(yet they've replaced it with a new one each time)(Actually, I got a sore credit to which I added more $ to get a better system). My first computer (which is over 10 years old) STILL WORKS!! It's actually the one I'm on now over at my parents. The only reason I got a new one is because the old one can't handle newer games, When I first got the basegame Sims 2 and loaded it, it was so laggy! Imagine how it would be with all the expansions and stuff packs! (of which I just loaded Kitchen/Bath today...hmm...maybe that's what caused the crash? I don't understand why it would). Good luck to the rest of you, let me know how well I did in the first three rounds!

Edit:
Well, I just got back from Best Buy. I'm told I need a new drive and a new OS; and that there is nothing they can do for me. Of course the Store Manager is off all weekend, and the MOD was a pri##! I got the MOD's name, the Store Manager's name and the District Manager's name and now I need to send the DM a lovely letter > I got this one on 12/26/2007; so not even 4 months ago. I have two old hard drives that I'm gonna bring in tomorrow, I hope one of them works.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#131 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 12:37 AM
omg... I'm so sorry kat. I totally understand the feeling of blue screen of death. I hope you get it fixed! I will add up your scores for the first rounds and get them to you as soon as possible.

~*I'm a she*~
#132 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 1:43 AM
Default Round Three
'CABIN IN THE MOUNTAINS'
FRONT

ARIAL 1ST FLOOR(Click for closer)

ARIAL 2ND FLOOR

ANGLED FRONT SHOTS

You guys make it look way too easy. Sorry about the comp problems Katt. I'd honestly be pulling my hair out.
Scholar
#133 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 8:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TLAWBLIQUE360
Sorry about the comp problems Katt. I'd honestly be pulling my hair out.[/I]

Lets just say I'm glad my hair is as short as it is! I can't grab enough to pull! lol! The good thing is I found my recovery disks and my Vista disks, so I'm hopeing I can fix everything. If not, as I said I have two old drives, one of which works, I'm just not sure which of the two it is.

Lab Assistant
#134 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 4:54 PM
The entries are looking just gorgeous. But wow, I'm so sorry kattenijin! You were doing so well.
#135 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 7:35 PM
mzcynnamon - I love the pond, it looks so real!

TLAWBLIQUE360 - Wow! your entry looks so grand, I can just imagine sitting round the campfire drinking hot chocolate. Yum!

kattenijin That sucks, I can understand how frustrating it can be though. I bought my PC from PC World (in the UK) and i've had nothing but trouble with it ever since I got it. every month or so it breaks and the staff at pc world are the most unhelpful and unknowledgeable bunch of people i have ever met. Fingers crossed you get it fixed soon and you can enter contests again :D
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#136 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 9:34 PM
whoops... sorry guys, work called me in early... I'm going to ej this and the last round for you so we can get scores... give me a bit and I will get the last rounds comments to you.... sorry for the delay. Round Closed.

~*I'm a she*~
Field Researcher
#137 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 5:16 PM
[QUOTE=I.nfectious]mzcynnamon - I love the pond, it looks so real!

Thanks. I suck at landscaping so you might see a pond in every house. shhhhhhhhhhhh.

I see everyone went for the cabin feel I feel like a odd ball. Great entry EVERYONE!

#138 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 9:20 PM
Thanks infectious!
Field Researcher
#139 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 4:17 AM
Is this contest over I see we passed the 30 day mark and nothing for the next round has been posted.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#140 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 2:00 PM
Yes that was the last round... I'm still adding scores. I have to go to work this morning but I will have the final info up for this and the round before by 3 or so (Central Time). I am so sorry I've been so disorganized guys. I really do apologize for that.

~*I'm a she*~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#141 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 8:51 PM
OK guys, heres comments from the last round and the final scores will be at the end... Sorry theres no judge three, that was me. :D

Mzcynnamon
Judge One: You did a very nice job of translating the floorplans into the Sims game; I also like how you emulated the exterior appearance to match the artist's rendering. Your backyard pond is lovely as well.
Judge Two: I love, love, love that you took this into a more contemporary, less cabin-y area! It looks great! Love the backyard but the loft's looking a little big.

I.nfectious
Judge One: Your floorplan rendition is very nice and quite accurate to the plans. Your landscaping is lush and I really like your use of the green roof against the light wood exterior.
Judge Two: Very unique take on the landscaping! I also really like the wall of windows in the front!

TLAWBLIQUE360
Judge One: There are a few issues with the floorplan/overall architecture (e.g. the attic spaces should all have floors and the windows should be on the second story and not on a third). Your lovely exterior makes up for the minor issues with the floorplan.
Judge Two: Loving the windows! Yet another cabin-y lodge with a little edge but I'm missing the breakfast bar and the proportions of the second floor seem a little off.

Coldfloral
Judge One: Your floor layout is generally true to the plans, however the upstairs bedrooms feel rather cramped in their space. Your exterior is very lovely and I like how you've accented the wood with the palette of greenery in the landscaping.
Judge Two: A little bit *too* generic-woodsy-cabin. Give me something to look at!

CiaoAlora
Judge One: Your floorplan is very close to the original and it is interesting that you've made the extra two-tiled entry doors into the living room instead of windows. The exterior is nice and rustic feeling.
Judge Two: Also very generic-woody-cabin, but warmer and classic. Less dated.

Kat:
One - 53.5
Two - 52.5
Three - none
Final: 106

Mz:
One - 41
Two - 43.5
Three - 51
Final: 135.5

Inky:
One - 52
Two - 51
Three - 55
Final: 158

Tlaw:
One - 41
Two - 49
Three - 47
Final: 137

Cold:
One - 53
Two - 52.5
Three - 49
Final:154.5

Ciao:
One - 53.5
Two - 48
Three - 50
Final:151.5

Brooke:
One - 49
Two - 47
Three - none
Final: 96

Okay! So our winners are.....

Third CiaoAlora (151.5)

Second ColdFloral (154.5)

AAAAAND...

First Inky (158)

Good job guys! I hope you enjoyed the contest and I do apologize for being so disorganized! Inky, ColdFloral & CiaoAlora pm me for your prizes...

~*I'm a she*~
Field Researcher
#142 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 9:57 PM
Great job everyone and congrats to the winners

Scholar
#143 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 2:38 AM
Congratulations: CiaoAlora, ColdFloral, Inky !

Now I'm truely p-o'ed! lol! I can see I was doing quite well by my scores, and I'm upset I missed the last round. My dang machine is still being fixed, the only good thing is that my parents are in Argentina untill the 29th, so I've "borrowed" ;P my dad's p.o.s. and am using that for now. Of course, as I mentioned before, it won't run the game very well. Not to mention all the cc I had too.

#144 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 3:08 AM
Congrats you guys! It was a fun ride!
Field Researcher
#145 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 5:43 AM
Congrats Inky and ColdFloral, you guys did great! :D
#146 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 8:06 AM
Omg!!! I won!!! I can't believe it!

Congratulations to ColdFloral & CiaoAlora and to all the other contestants, it was great fun competing with you :clap:
#147 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 4:58 PM
Thanks for a fun contest photo!

Page 6 of 6