Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 1:23 AM
Default Reeking Diego Dagger - Round 2
Ah finally some time to relax. Usually I start the evening by throwing one of those snotty uptight uniforms into the sea. They come marching up with guns and tell me I'm not welcome in their bar. Well whats an 'onest pirate to do. It'll do them good cooling off in the sea.
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/3059/round20fz1.jpg

Then me and the mates go steal lots of rum, as much as we can carry, and we invite some pretty lovelies with us and have ourself a good night with dancing and drinking and sharing stories. Tonight I found myself a real beauty - so lovely my eyes hurt. Now lets find a comfy bed, pretty one?
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/3527/round22yy3.jpg

The lady hurts my eyes in the morning too. I need to find my ship. Fast!!
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/5610/round23gn7.jpg

Confessional
"What does it feel like to be following the captain's orders? How does this make you feel?"

Always depends on the captain. A good captain takes care of his ship and his crew. And share booty equally with his crew. But if he doesn't share then he will be fed to the fishes!!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#77 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 1:34 AM
I love the pictures SilentPyscho!

And Paradise...I can't stop laughing.
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 1:38 AM
I tried being more funny but sometimes my language fails me. I'm happy you liked it

SilentPsycho - love your entries! Good luck :thumbup:
#79 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 4:09 AM
So, you would like to know what deep-dark secrets my nightlife holds? Well, normally, i wouldn't share such sensitive information, but in you case I just may make an exception.

I usally start my night off with a nice comfy seat in the middle of town. I do enjoy so watching the mortals, and wishing I could go back... Until I can see through both of their masks and I realise how truely human humans are.

Next I head to an upscale bar where I know I can find a few gulible men to eat..I mean date....

I then finish my night at the loca Concert Pub, wher eI can easily entertain which the fluid movements of my fast fingers. As an alternative, I also act and sing. It is quite enjoyable to watch humans watch me in amazement.

After all this excitement, I can't wait to get back on my ship and doze for a while.
For all the nights that I am not able to or don't feel up to it, I will spend my time alone, as a pickpocket, drinking by the barrel, and plundering the king's gold. As a wommon, many think me as only a woman and I can easily decieve many.

Confessional
"What does it feel like to be following the captain's orders? How does this make you feel?"

I have always been more of a leader than a follower, but since I have been sailing with my Elijah, I have been treated like an equal and I don't much mind that. I, of course, know better than to out right defy the captian, but I also know how to be sneaky, so this can work for or against you. I am very loyal, so don't think I'm a snake, but I do get a bit cross at times.
#80 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 4:29 AM
I suppose that i 'ave to share me night activities too. I am a typical man, so don't go rollin' yer eyes at me shame doings. I take care o the most mportant need a man could have:
NOOKIE!

Well, Lady Angelique told me that I ave to talk bout it respectful like, so to keep gettin it, I must say "NOOKIE is very proper and quite lovely. I agree it should be looked upon with the most respect"
*cough cough*

On to me next carnal instinct, FOOD!

Well, not much t' say bout this but I may love the hunt more than killing. Lady usally hooks them and I wrap it up. but I also do alot o' the scoping and we set challenges for each other.

On to the conclusion of me night,
DRUNKEN STUNTS!

After nookie and food, there is only one thing left booze and the hilarious affects. On this particular day, I drank me weight in whiskey and decided to go fishin. My goal was t catch a fisha nd after bout thirty boots and a few old tires, I caught me first fish t share with the crew then I slipped in and well, let just say there were pirahhas and i had to walk home in me birthday suit.

Confessional

Don't tell Lady this, but I have always enjoyed follwin orders cause i never knw what t do with me self, so it is a relief and that is why we decided to join your crew, if ya will take us.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#81 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 4:34 AM
Mwuahahaha! Great round 2's everyone! I'm going to PM the judges now and post Round 3 (the last one) pretty soon.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#82 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 4:42 AM
Default Round 3: Mutiny!
Mutiny

So, let’s just say you mutiny and now are in command of my vessel (hypothetically, of course, there’s no way you could ever manage to take my ship from me). What kind of captain would you be?

Task 1: Show us your commanding new style in 1-2 pictures (how your pirate now looks as captain)
Task 2: Show us your commanding presence (discipling, at the chart, etc) in 1 picture.

Confessional: Are you already planning the mutiny?

Round ends April 29th 11:59pm!
#83 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 8:44 PM
Hate to nag, but was there any eliminations just so I know before I start taking pictures? Also,when will teh scores be posted? I love this contest, it is so much fun! This is really a great experience and the suspence is killing me!

Bites and Kisses
Vampire
Test Subject
Original Poster
#84 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 8:52 PM
No eliminations! We don't have enough people.

Scores will be posted when I get them all, waiting on one last judge.
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 9:52 PM
My scores are now sent. Sorry about the wait.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#86 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 1:49 PM
Default Round 2 Scores
Scores For Round One
And some of the Mate's comments

Zerena Zukai:
93/93/94

Very much a swashbuckler, but a little too cliche-ly so.

Drinkin fightin and sexin are all pretty great things for a pirate to do but I would have liked to have seen something that makes your pirate an individual though. I love the way you write her ('what a waste of good ale') and you're pictures were good.

Gorgeous entry. Zerena is very pirate-y this round. Composition is good, but could be better.

Draca:
97/96/87

I like that he's at least a drinker, but he's also a *tad* bit boring. I like that he's different in liking to swim and check out the local landmarks and all, but you could've spiced it up a tad!

See that's what I mean. Draca is an individual... while he still likes to drink. I liked that you compared the captain to an alpha (I'm not supposed to judge that part but I thought I'd mention it). I know it is night out but the one picture of him at the ruins was a bit dark. Other than that great job!

Nice work you got there. But, I find your storyline a little boring. add some life into it. You got a great start, just beef it up.

Reeking Diego Dagger:

100/100/93

Hilariously done! I love that he's very much a pirate, but you went in other directions with it!

The first shot is just classic. The last one made me laugh. Great job. Wouldn't change a thing!

Great entry! You have improved quite a bit here compared to round 1, but there is still room.

Lady of Flesh and Blood:
88/94/83

You made her a little more vampire than pirate. Yes, you took her to bars to scour for victims, but it would've been nice to see a bar an actual pirate would go into. Something sleezy and full of drunken brawls.

Yay no name in the pictures! You hooked me with 'wishing I could go back and then I see through their masks' What did she see? I would have loved to know why she'd rather remain a vampire. I like that she plays the violin and is creative. It shows she's intelligent. She seems more like vampire than your typical pirate... I'm not sure that that is a bad thing though Good job.

Good entry, but she doesn't seem to be pirate-y here. Inject some humor to it as well. Next time, put the name of the pirate and the round number, especially if you are entering two pirates.

Elijah:
98/97/81

You re-did the vampire-pirate thing, but Elijah's character is very different from Angelique's. Good job on that.

I like the accent you wrote for him. He's definitly a man...lol I like that you switched up the order. Most people drink first. You have things to do before them

Er..I had a hard time judging this entry. There is some pirate-ness here, but not enough. It's also on a more serious side, so balance it with a lighter, humor-filled one.
#87 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 6:41 PM
I think that this round will be a bit easier. I mean the first one was hard to look like apirate BEFORE you were one. Te second one was to be a night off the ship, so this one I will be able to REALLY show the pirate side of my characters.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#88 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 4:02 PM
Just a reminder, Round 3 ends tonight! Can't wait to see everyone's final rounds!
Top Secret Researcher
#89 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 9:27 PM
Default Round 3 - Draca
Task One

Yeep! Never would have expected for me to become Captain, but here I am. A couple of the other members of the crew suggested I get some new clothes, so here I am. I hope it looks okay, I swear I've been getting strange looks from some of the female humans...

I like the hat though, it keeps my hair out of my eyes so I can see more of the world around me. New and weird stuff such as this land's perchance to entomb their pathways with crushed rocks and tar, before covering them with white tribal markings. What a waste, that tar could used to make and repair so many boats and ships.

Task Two

Of course, now that I'm the Captain, I've got to pay more attention to my duties. A good alpha is one who protects his pod, so I practise my sword skills whenever I can so that my human pod has the best chance of survival.

Confessional

Are you already planning the mutiny?

I'll freely admit, I'm more a beta than an alpha. So my answer right now would be no.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Top Secret Researcher
#90 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 9:56 PM
Default Round 3 - Zerena Zukai
Task One

Bloody hell, that was a good night's sleep! Captain's cabin is a lot nicer place to be than stuffed in a tight space with the rest of the crew and their unwashed armpits! The benefits of being the new Captain I suppose!

In any case, these new thread are definately a lot more comfortable, and it's in my favourite colour too, blood red!

Trust me, nothing gives a woman more confidence than a properly fitting corset! Even if this bloody shrew, Rakiyumi, doesn't think it's appropriate for a Captain to wear, although half of that piss and wind is probably due to the fact that she wanted to be the next Captain...

Task Two

...Whereas the other half is probably the fact that the wench can't fit into one anymore! Halfway during my first voyage as Captain, it was discovered that the craven bitch has only gone and gotten herself pregnant! Here she is, begging me to keep her onboard with the father of the child and not drop her off at the next port and leave her there.

Hell no! I've been waiting for a while for a chance to get rid of her, and the last thing I need are ankle-biters scurrying about deck, tripping people up before falling off the side to become shark bait! One more week of her, and she'll be gone from my sight forever!

Let's just hope she doesn't pop before then, the screaming would give me a headache...

Confessional

Nahh, too much effort. As much as I'd like to give Rakiyumi a helping hand overboard one night, I can't be bothered right now to mutiny. As long as you keep the booze flowing, that is...

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

Lab Assistant
#91 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 11:35 PM
Reeking Diego Dagger - Final Round
Now I'm the captain of this ship and I will have no lazy dogs abord! Having scrubbed decks myself once, I know every man count. So I make sure they know their tasks and they do it well. Now batten down the hatches, lassies!! A storm is brewing!
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/7261/round31mx0.jpg

Maybe I can be tough at times, but a good pirate should know how too find the x in a map. Can't spend the entire week digging through the island - Aaaarghh sometimes you just have to do it yourself!!! I'll teach this lad later when my temper is better.
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/424/round32il3.jpg

Aah todays a good day to be a pirate! All the pillage and plunder, we've collected a nice booty here. Now gather around mates, you've earned your share!
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/7161/round33ec7.jpg

Confessional - Are you already planning the mutiny?
Grrrowl - that last raid should've brought more gold in your mens pockets! I don't like greedy captains!! Hang 'im from the yardarm!

- sorry about now being able to rezise the pics properly. They are not that big - 800x550 or so. I keep messing up the size and the pics become weird.
#92 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 1:26 AM
Default Round Three- Lady Angelique
So, you want to know what I will do if I take it over?
My first step would be to weed out those lazy scondrel that dare to call themselves pirates and inhabit your ship.

As for members? I will of course recruit new ones after I thouroughly screen and test them, I brand them, so no one from the sevens seas will ever employ them, if the leave, for fear of ending on the tip of my sword. This brand is known as mine, and if you think to take one of my men or women, face my wraith...

As for caring for your ship, I will keep t more clean and employ more men than you have, can't have enough in my opinion. I am plotting the course to one of the uncharted island where I know most pirates hide their treasure, but none seem to figure out why there stash keeps going missing. Pay no attention to those epmty brandy bottles, they...umm..came with the ship...yea that's it, came with the ship......

Confessional - Are you already planning the mutiny?
Not at the moment. No, right now I more worried about being accepted as a crew member as a passing storm destroyed our ship, but I can't predict the future.
#93 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 1:45 AM
Default Round Three- Elijah
Hmmm... If I was to be the cap'tin of yer boat, I guess I would clean this mess o' a tub up.

I will take me observations from the bow o' the boat. This requires dead silence, but I would love every minute, as it would be me ship, me time, and eventually me treasure.

Well, didn't I tell yer that I would get me treasure... Well, I gat the area right, I just know it, but I will get some, 'ventually.

Confessional

I guess you want the truth... I'm a pirate, a pirate without a ship or a crew, yer also a pirate and have both a ship and a crew, I need an ship and a crew. I would watch yer back, if I was you.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#94 Old 1st May 2008 at 4:01 PM
Hahaha...round ended Tuesday but due to life (finals, figured I should study for calculus so I don't fail and completely forgot about anything internet), I'll let all this slide. I'm in the processing of pming the judges now and hopefully the final scores will be posted soon.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#95 Old 4th May 2008 at 3:47 AM
Default FINAL SCORES! Hooray!
Final Scores:

Reeking Diego Dagger: 96
Zerena Zukai: 95
Lady of Flesh and Blood: 92
Draca: 90
Elijah: 88

Congratulations to our winner Reeking Diego Dagger and thank you to all the contestants who participated! I also apologize for my lateness (stupid fracking calculus).
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 4th May 2008 at 6:45 AM
Wow
Wow... I won! I was so sure Zerena Zukai or Elijah was the winner I loved their stories. Thank you for a fun contest!
Top Secret Researcher
#97 Old 4th May 2008 at 12:47 PM
Congratulations Paradise! Don't be so surprised, the scores between Diego and Zerena were only 1 point different after Round 2. Thanks for the complement though. :D

#98 Old 5th May 2008 at 1:57 AM
Yes, congratulations Paradise! I was surpised I won even third place. Thank you guys for making my first contest a great one!

One question, will the comments be posted? I would love to know how to make my next contest a great one.

Thanks again,
Bites and Kisses
Vampire
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 5th May 2008 at 6:55 PM
Congrats, Paradise! Your entries were always so amusing. And congratulations to everyone else! You guys did a fantastic job and made voodookatie's great contest idea into a great contest.

Page 4 of 4