Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#76 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 11:28 PM
Yes, Pai, you can change your pictures until I say 'Closed, judging in process'.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 11:51 PM
Thanks^^ Sorry for the stupid Questions, it's just my first Contest and i'm really nervous and afraid to do something completely wrong or... Dunno unacceptable... And yay - i'm so excited... xD
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pai.kea
Thanks so much!^^ But can I change the Study/Office Room until tomorrow Night? Because I got a new Idea and don't like my actual Room anymore *smiles a bit*

Not meaning to stop you from changing pics, but NO ONE is getting eliminated this round, so you can just leave it till next round!

Was I meant to say this, I think sisaly posted a wee while back?

"Scottish by birth, British by law,
Highlander by the grace of God"
Anon
Test Subject
#79 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 5:25 PM
I know that no one gets knocked out this Time, but if I'm not satisfied with my work, then I won't send it. I wanna do my best, even if it does not count. The images have changed the way already. And I'm much happier with them now^^
Scholar
Original Poster
#80 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 12:33 AM
pai.kea...your pictures DO count in this round! You are being scored.

I'm going to go ahead and close the Applications for judging.

I should have scores for you up very soon.

Then I will post what round 2 is.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Scholar
Original Poster
#81 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 2:59 AM
Ok, it might be a little while before I have my last judge post scores, so I'm going to go ahead and post Round 2 in about 20 minutes, since no one is leaving.

Also had a slight change of rounds. Since round 2 ends on Sunday, I'm NOT doing the hard round next. I want you to have plenty of time for that.

Stay tuned!

Field Researcher
#82 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 3:07 AM
I'm glad you've decided to go ahead and post the next round. Even if I had the chance of being eliminated this round I'd want the information. I like to think about what I'm going to do before I start, and the more time the better
Scholar
Original Poster
#83 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 3:38 AM
Round 2~K & D

For this round we are going to the busiest place in the house...the kitchen!
And what would a kitchen be without a place to eat?

You need to submit 3 pictures of a kitchen and 3 pictures of a dining room.
The kitchen and dining room should compliment each other.
One night picture for each room, labeled.

Please keep in mind the criteria that was laid out in the OP.

Entries are due by Sunday, Sept.13th, 4PM GMT -5.

Please check out this blog for great new objects.
Check out the right side for links to great sites and further down are labels for individual posts in her blog.
My Sims 3 Blog

Look forward to seeing what you all churn out!
Good luck!

Mad Poster
#84 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 4:03 AM
I'm gonna have some fun with this on, gonna try me a new theme Might do Space, but it not the point of the project. I do want to use matal though. maybe I'll do something old-fashioned or something to match the Classic theme from the study I did. or do another element, like the living room. Hope we get to do a yard and garden sometime soon. only rooms we have left now are the bed and bath (hint hint), so im hoping the exterior will show up hopefully, no hallways. :p
Test Subject
#85 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 4:09 AM
Ha! I KNEW it would be the kitchen and a Dining Room - thanks so much! I've planned everything even the color scheme, so i'll start soon... I'm not gonna be the last this Time guys - hehe xD As you see i had a small Dining Place already included in the Living Area, we often have this in my Country, there's a small Breakfast Table and then a seperated Dining area for the more formal Events...

Matrix - what about the Nursery, a Teen Room or... There are still plenty of Things to do!
Mad Poster
#86 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 1:25 PM
a nursery... with what furniture:p
Test Subject
#87 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 2:46 PM
Ehw, you're right! Sorry, i forgot, just for a moment, that this isn't a sims 2 contest. Please, excuse me.
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 3:56 PM Last edited by dundoniandood : 8th Sep 2009 at 5:07 PM.
in my experiences, in RL patterns are more naturally found in the dining room.Wonder why that is? At least one person on MTS HAS to be a phsycologist (Spleling?)

"Scottish by birth, British by law,
Highlander by the grace of God"
Anon
Field Researcher
#89 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 7:42 PM
Just started the kitchen and dining room, but just wondered do the rooms have to be a completely different style to the one used previously? Do you want a completely fresh idea or can the style continue a bit?

My Sims 3 Creations
Nothing matters. We're essentially all highly evolved monkeys clinging to a rock that's falling through space and the rock itself is dying. Frankie Boyle.
Just call me sam its easier.
Scholar
Original Poster
#90 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 8:08 PM
Sam, you do what ever you want. You can use any style, whether it's the same or not.

Now......for the SCORES!!! On a side note, one of my judges has......umm....communication issues and I didn't get feedback from them.

This is the only round I'm going to ask the judges for feedback.

Your scores are based on the following....

Color and pattern use=7
Object placement and flow of room=5
Pleasing decorations=5
Overall style=3

Total=20 x 3=60 for a perfect score

Here we go....

matrix54
Total=50
Judge1:I would like for the decorations to be more interesting.
Judge2:You’re themes were quite nice and refreshing, and overall you did a very nice job. However, I do have some nitpicky things that are worth mentioning for improvement. I’m aware of the fact that you tried to keep the study cozy and not living-roomish, and you did so quite nicely, but it still felt a little large to me. I feel maybe one seating area would be more than enough for a study. On your living room design, the aquatic theme was especially refreshing, yet it felt like a little too much monochromatic color. I understand the whole underwater theme, but perhaps some bursts of different color (or possibly different colored lighting) or even the subtraction of a pattern or two could have brought the room down to a more realistic level.

severe_009
Total=41
Judge1:Not enough color or decor, too cluttered, but nice and modern.
Judge2:The calming woods were very pretty to look at and those living room table lamps are to die for! I clearly see the modern influence in your designs, though I would have liked to see a bit more color. Also in your study, some of the decorations placed (as well as the bookcases that were strangely bleeding together) could have been arranged in a different manner. Though your work was nice and looked sophisticated, there was more room for playing around with the CAS tools.

easypeaze
Total=49
Judge1:Brilliant object placement and color, nice rooms!
Judge2:I quite enjoyed your designs. The little splashes of green you used really accented your rooms well. Maybe some changes could include more filling up of the living room area? It seemed a bit empty compared to the concentrated seating area.

scoopy loopy
Total=43
Judge1:Nice patterns weighed down by lack of color.Object placement was uninviting. Decorations were minimal and out of place.
Judge2:An eclectic look is always refreshing! The hanging gardens were a nice touch, and added a sense of coziness to your study. Perhaps if you added even more eclectic styling to your rooms, it would complete the picture. In addition, some item placements were off—the fireplace was up on a different level from the general seating and would be difficult to enjoy in the winter.

Lucy cat
Total=40
Judge1:Really hard to judge as the shots were all close ups (sort of, u know what I mean)
Judge2:It was a shame you couldn’t take some of the pictures at a greater distance, for it was hard to get an idea of the room. You have good taste with how colors work, but sometimes the patterns in the room seem to be a bit conflicting (such as the curtains and couch in the last picture). Your object placement was also a bit awkward, since one of the couches was placed with its back to the other one and your chairs were facing the opposite direction from the fireplace.

lemon candy
Total=56
Judge1:I really like the kicked back and warm feelings given off by the the colors and objects Nice simple Decor
Judge2:Your living room designs were effective in making several patterns work together seamlessly. My only advise would be to play with the woods a little more and create something truly unique. As for the study, the combination of different woods and patterns worked well. Perhaps you like to look into incorporating an additional color into the room palate.

Lanawinst
Total=48
Judge1:Bit more pattern needed
Judge2:The central fireplace unit was a great touch, and the stone worked well with the green and the light wood. Perhaps you could incorporate a little pop of color (in the cushions, the curtains, or the plants). As for the study, the brown couches went nicely with the choice of wallpaper, but the pink was a little too much. I do like how your wall paintings/posters matched the theme of the room, however.

LEsherick
Total=25
Judge1:Needs to improve object placement, pattern use and color use
Judge2:You might want to improve the study by not making everything so matchy-matchy. Play with colors! Play with woods! Also, it seemed as if everything was on the outskirts of the room, which seemed a bit unrealistic. For the living room, the blue worked well with the wood, but it was a bit symmetrical and monotonous for my taste. Again, play with color. The second sitting area also seemed a bit awkward for me.

TRIriana
Total=44
Judge1:A bit more pattern needed
Judge2:You really like bold! When I first saw that circle/stripe pattern in my game, I thought it was the ugliest pattern in the world. However, you managed to make it seem vivid and modern. However, the bar placed against the window was something I couldn’t understand since usually both sides need to be accessible. For the den, I enjoyed the balcony and wallpaper. To improve, you could add some color or reconsider those gray couches.

Janesamborski
Total=56
Judge1:Perfect!
Judge2:That study is lovely! The wallpaper works really well with the wood. The metal bookcases, however, seemed a bit out of places and may have worked better if there were less of them. For the living room, a centerpiece divider was a great idea, but I felt as if all the beige was a bit bland. Still, you managed to incorporate different patterns into the sofas, which worked out quite well.

Sammann89
Total=49
Judge1:More noticable decor please!
Judge2:The orange in your living room worked very nicely and accented the room well, but I felt there was room for more color. As for your study, the wallpaper and shaggy carpet was stellar, but I feel like a different wooden floor could have been used.

Babu357
Total=48
Judge 1:Needs to improve object placement
Judge 2:Your gothic style showed in your rooms and it was executed well. However, I believe a little less pattern would have been better. Since your walls featured a bold pattern, the curtains could have had a subtle pattern or no pattern at all. I must say though, the use of flowers on the carpet was genius.

pai.kea

Total=48
Judge 1:Needs to lose some clutter
Judge 2:Though I was not crazy about the wallpaper choice for your living room, you worked it into the rest of the décor and added splashes of color that accented the room nicely. The layout of your study was also nice, but perhaps there was a little too much beige..?

Lab Assistant
#91 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 8:21 PM
Ah yes, the kitchen/dining is always my favorite room I'll be looking forward to all the designs!
Field Researcher
#92 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 9:08 PM
I now remember why I rarely put a proper dining room in my houses. I hate them. No really I do. This will be a personal challenge haha.

My Sims 3 Creations
Nothing matters. We're essentially all highly evolved monkeys clinging to a rock that's falling through space and the rock itself is dying. Frankie Boyle.
Just call me sam its easier.
Mad Poster
#93 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 9:50 PM
am I in third or second, i'm confused lol
Scholar
#94 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 10:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
am I in third or second, i'm confused lol

Two people placed just ahead of you, so that would make you in third palce currently. .

Thank you for the comments and scores, judges. ^^.
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 12:20 AM
Wow, very good comments, i would have said those same words if i were the judge my own work

Now for the next round :D

Challenge breeds Excellence
Forum Resident
#96 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 12:53 AM
You're lucky cause I have the hardest time judging my work... just can't

Thanks for the detailled comments that are really helping me knowing what was, is exactly expected.
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 2:35 AM
I suck so bad... last place
I WILL DO BETTER for K & D!!

I seem to have lost my mind. I'm going to look for it, if you see it tell it to wait for me.
Mad Poster
#98 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 2:39 AM Last edited by matrix54 : 10th Sep 2009 at 1:57 AM.
First again, lol.
Well, this time, no theme, unless you want to call normal a theme. Nothing to block me in terms of limiting the creativity to a theme, so I said, i'll just design. Honestly, I have no words to really explain in concept where I was going with this. I kept is simple, so there... take note: I set the table.

(night shot)

Kitchen
This time, I have something to say. The kitchen needs to match the dining room, If I read correectly. so the colors may seem off, but I assure you, those counters are white. why it looks grey, I don't know. I wanted to do somewhat simple, very homey feel to the entire room, in terms of having items (clutter) placed through out, life if someone was cooking and the dishes stacked next to the sink add to that. Kitchens really are hard to do, and there isn't much to do to a kitchen, so this is my attemp. I hope it was successful

Top Down, Night Shot:

Corner Shot:

Full Door Shot:
Field Researcher
#99 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 3:29 AM
Yay, this is fun. Congratulations to everybody.

@lemoncandy: It's good to be nose to nose with someone who's work I like so much. I can tell you are raising the bar in this contest. Of course, I think we've already both won, since I saw my patterns in your room and you probably saw your plants in mine. Good luck.
Forum Resident
#100 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 11:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JaneSamborski
@lemoncandy: It's good to be nose to nose with someone who's work I like so much. I can tell you are raising the bar in this contest. Of course, I think we've already both won, since I saw my patterns in your room and you probably saw your plants in mine. Good luck.

Thank you for the kind words I love your patterns, but moreover I appreciate your hard work and dedication when you are digging into the tech stuff to make everything look perfect.
I consider this contest a fun way of relaxing, while decorating rooms (that I love doing), to take a break from the object-editing which really messes my brain sometimes

Page 4 of 10