Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jan 2014 at 12:59 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default TSR - What is wrong with it?
Hey there,

I guess I am not yet a member in the sims community for some time to know about all this, but I heard that they are doing some very nasty things over there on The Sims Resource. But what is actually wrong with this site? Is it right that they have watermarked their downloads? And what does this mean exactly? And is it also correct that a lot of their downloads contain viruses? Is it safe to download there? That is what I was wondering about since the site seems to have turned into an non-paysite.
I once downloaded some stuff from there, of course I just started downloading when the site turned to an non- pay site, since I don't like cc sites that charge for their content at all. Every single cc I download for the sims is scanned at virustotal.com and I acutally never made any negative experiences with TSR. Maybe also because I am using an adblocker addon for firefox which prevents my browser from being attacked by vicious ads Are those files on TSR dangerous nevertheless?
Sorry if those questions are dumb but I really don't know that much about this little "war"

I'd be happy if someone could answer me these questions :D
Best wishes!
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 2nd Jan 2014 at 1:26 AM
This is a forum for problems with your game. Since your post is not a problem with your game, you probably want the Sims 2 Discussion forum:
http://www.modthesims.info/fd.php?f=558
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jan 2014 at 10:59 AM
Oh sorry! I am going to post the topic in the discussion forum then!

Thanks for the information
Locked thread | Locked by: julianarosalia Reason: Not a support question