Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jan 2014 at 2:51 AM
Default Graphics Card question
I have an HP Pavillion dv7-6000 Entertainment Laptop with an AMD Radeon HD 6770m graphics card. Lately, the display has crashed a few times (when not playing the SIms or doing anything at all). I do not play other games on this laptop (other than the occasional Facebook Game). As this is an "entertainment laptop" I was not expecting any problems.

Other specs: Intel Core i7-2720QM 2.20GHz
6.00GB RAM

Is this an okay graphics card for the Sims 2? Or am I slowly killing my laptop?
Thanks!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 19th Jan 2014 at 3:40 AM Last edited by ajaxsirius : 19th Jan 2014 at 4:18 AM.
Install GPU-Z and check if your graphic card is overheating.

When the company says "entertainment" they meant watching movies and things like that. Not playing games. Your card wasn't designed for that.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 19th Jan 2014 at 6:09 PM
To be honest , most laptop are not suitable for gaming because of low processing power and high price compare to desktop and most important thing is heat issue.

You can try cooling pad to reduce some temperature.

6770m is overkill for sims 2 but just fine in sims 3.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Jan 2014 at 11:21 PM
Overkill as in I should be okay to play the game fully?

Also, I don't have reflective water and I didn't know if it was a graphics issue or the config files for the game.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 1:28 PM
Overkill means it's too powerful.
You can try update driver. The lastest is catalyst 13.12 WHQL from AMD website.