Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 6:19 PM Last edited by Sococo. : 3rd Dec 2010 at 8:07 PM.
[SOLVED] MLOD files missing in cloned paintings?
hi! trying to create some custom painting meshes but right off the bat before even exporting i'm confused lol. it's insane how much easier this is for sims2.

anyway i think i know why this is happening but i just want to have someone with more extensive meshing guru status confirm it for me. i'm semi aware that not all objects have the same files inside due to size and level of detail (at least that's what i gather is the reason but correct me if i'm wrong!). i'm following a few tutorials at once however i tend to always pick a different object to mesh (not really interested in meshing tables right now), so i get worried when things look different. i'm cloning the teen room breakfast club type poster and the only file i'm seeing that ellacharm3d's tutorial tells us to export is a MODL file which i believe is the low level detail one? no sun shadow files and no _IMD file though i'm not sure what that one means either. i've tried cloning different paintings and am getting varied results in terms of what mesh files i see for export. attached a screenshot if anyone could just shed some light here that would be awesome.

basically my 'i'm sure the answers vary and there's no concrete way of knowing' question is... is there a standard set of mesh files you usually see in cloned paintings? like usually just 1 or 2 MODL/MLOD files since they're not as large/complex?

thanks and sorry i'm really wordy and babbly lol
<3tash.
Screenshots
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 7:29 PM
It's perfectly possible that this object only has that one mesh file. So don't be overly concerned.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 8:06 PM
thanks very much! i figured i was fussing over very little but didn't want to spend my whole day off on one object and then find out i'd cloned wrong or something dumb.