Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 8th Oct 2009 at 3:30 AM
Default Myrtle-Jane Fang: Application Round
DISCLAIMER:
Here's my first real try at this kinda thing.
I suck at controlling cameras in the sims, I know slugs with better manual dexterity but I tried using the tutorials on picturetaking... so here goes....

Introducing my nerdy niece Myrtle-Jane... All-round Nerdlet with no fashion sense, and she really doesn't care either... her heart belongs to science.

Casual HeadShot

Formal HeadShot

FullBody Shot

Long after the teacher has left, she's still trying to figure out why her experiment blew up in her face.

=>
I never posted photos in a post before so I hope I am ok as far as forum rules go, I read everything I found.
Very unhappy with having to use Paint... hopefully I can have my Photoshop CS4 by next week.

Do the shots need to be larger? the headshots seem a lil small to me.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#52 Old 8th Oct 2009 at 7:47 PM
JivaFang, you did great for your first time!
The picture guidelines don't really pertain to this forum.
We can post as many pics as we want and the site will automatically resize them, so don't worry about that.
I'm not saying that we should redo your pics, but a little advice........you need more lighting. Some of your pics are dark.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Top Secret Researcher
#53 Old 9th Oct 2009 at 12:12 AM
Everyone looks so good! My computer's been in repair so I haven't got mine done yet though it might be done tonight!
Scholar
Original Poster
#54 Old 9th Oct 2009 at 1:06 AM
kopple36, that's fine, you have til Sunday night (11pm GMT -5). Look forward to it.

I have a prize for the winner. The winner will receive a custom made sim that I'm not going to upload and a trophy for your tables by lemoncandy.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Sim Princess in Pink
#55 Old 9th Oct 2009 at 10:41 AM
Oooh very nice, I hope I win just for the fact I love your sims and having one made by you that no one else would have would be great .

Please, Call Me Lou :D
Top Secret Researcher
#56 Old 9th Oct 2009 at 11:08 AM Last edited by kopple36 : 9th Oct 2009 at 12:42 PM.
Kandii Lychbody
Application Round- Class Nerd

~~~Kandii Lychbody~~~

This is Kandii Lychbody! She is a clumsy, care-free geek who resides in the city. She has a love of chess and has a tendancy for getting into all sorts of trouble! She doesn't care what anyone thinks of her kooky clothing choices or the way she looks, she is her own person and has her own style.

Formal Headshot
This is Kandii ready to hit the town! She is about to attended the Annual Sim Trek Party at her friend Dexter's house so she wants to look funky!

Bodyshot 1
Being clumsy, Kandii regularly makes mistakes throughout her life. Such as breaking her glasses or braking her arm. Her most recent 'accomlishment' was when she managed to crash her car in the Riverview mountain range on the way to Chess club.

Bodyshot 2
Don't worry though, she's getting help! She's currently attending the 'Clumsies Anonymous' support group to sort out her problems.

Nerd Shot
When she's not crashing into Llamas or watching 'Sim Trek', Kandii loves to play chess with herself! She is her own worst enemy and her greatest foe!

~~~

Hope you liked my Sim!

By the way, love the prizes! :D
Scholar
Original Poster
#57 Old 9th Oct 2009 at 6:18 PM
kopple, you had me giggling at all your pics! And the duckie socks are just divine!

I need 4 more contestants before Sunday or I will have to extend the apps for 3 more days. If I can't get at least 10 entries by then, the contest will be closed due to lack of participation per contest rules.
So if you are planning on entering, please do it soon so I'm not having a heart attack on Sunday.

Test Subject
#58 Old 9th Oct 2009 at 7:09 PM Last edited by JivaFang : 9th Oct 2009 at 7:11 PM. Reason: why post twice when one will do?
lol Kopple,
i wanted taped up glasses. very nice work. love it.

Quote: Originally posted by Sisaly
JivaFang, you did great for your first time!
I'm not saying that we should redo your pics, but a little advice........you need more lighting. Some of your pics are dark.

Thanks, I spent so much time trying to get angles right I forgot to put lights on the "set"
Scholar
Original Poster
#59 Old 9th Oct 2009 at 8:45 PM
LOL JivaFang! The glasses are from KittyKlan.

http://www.kittyklan.com/boutique2.html

Lab Assistant
#60 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 4:26 AM
Would it be okay if I put another app in if it helps with the numbers?

I seem to have lost my mind. I'm going to look for it, if you see it tell it to wait for me.
Test Subject
#61 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 6:09 AM
I would love permission to join the contest
I know I can follow your guidlines and put my own twist on it youll just love
~*MissKitten*~
Scholar
Original Poster
#62 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 7:23 AM
LucyCat, thanks for asking, but ONE app per person. I'd rather close my contest than have 5 people trying to be original for 2 entries. Thanks anyway.

MistressKittenArenz, you don't need permission to join, just submit an application.
I'd love to have you and can't wait to see what you have to offer!

Test Subject
#63 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 7:25 AM
So I tried installing ur sim but I cant find her in my bin
The other one
#64 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 3:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by easypeaze
Lou put the sim in your mydocuments Electronic Arts folder...there should be another folder in that that says saved sims, put her in there

Quote: Originally posted by missroxor
I know Easypeaze has given an answer I just wanted to add that if you have never saved a sim in CAS before the 'saved sims' folder might not be in there. You'll have to create a sim in CAS and save the sim (using the '...' in CAS) to create the folder because just making a new folder in your sims folder doesn't seem to work. I've just had Sisaly hand walk me through all this yesterday, lol.

Mistress Kitten, we had this discussion earlier in this thread, does this help any?

@ Kopple... thanks, now I have to go kick myself for being too lazy to find super geeky specs and socks

Can't believe how good all these entries are, I'm starting to wonder what I let myself in for

*fingers crossed for more contestants
Sim Princess in Pink
#65 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 5:23 PM
Come on people, join - we've all been waiting for a Sims 3 contest and this one is gonna be a lot of fun, I can tell .

Oh and also, my name doesn't appear on your first post under applicants Sisaly .. I was gonna put a link in my signiture.

Please, Call Me Lou :D
Field Researcher
#66 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 6:04 PM
WoooHooo we get prizes! I am loving the entries! The car on fire has me just cracking up and everyone in the support group, love it!
Sisaly I love your sims(yay)
lemoncandy thank you!(love it)
Scholar
Original Poster
#67 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 6:23 PM
MiisKitten, like missroxor posted you need to save a sim (any sim) in CAS, NOT SHARE...save. Exit the game.....then put my sim (after extracting it from the rar) in your SavedSims folder found in My Documents>Elecronic Arts>Sims3>SavedSims. Open the game, go into CAS and click the little sim bin picture down in the left hand corner and she should be there.

OMG,Lou...I can't believe I forgot to put your app in the OP. *facepalm*
The good news is now we have 7 contestants and need three more.

easypeasey, thank you! The sim in my avi was submitted last Sunday....still no word. She's a pirate.

I'm VERY surprised I don't have more applicants. Maybe we lost so many people from the old days and got so many new people, that they don't know what contests are like here......I don't know, but I'm very surprised.

The other one
#68 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 6:39 PM Last edited by missroxor : 10th Oct 2009 at 6:39 PM. Reason: Typo
Quote: Originally posted by Sisaly
I'm VERY surprised I don't have more applicants. Maybe we lost so many people from the old days and got so many new people, that they don't know what contests are like here......I don't know, but I'm very surprised.

I think there are many like me who just lurked for ages. I only came on here to yoink downloads. It's only been in the last couple of weeks (since the yearbook really) that I've started venturing out into the forums etc. I only found out about contests the day before I asked to join here

I think we desperately need some publicity. Do you think Delphy or someone with administrative powers could whack a post on the front page to remind everyone to check out the Sims 2/3 contest pages? :D
Field Researcher
#69 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 6:39 PM
Sisaly she will be uploaded with no problems, she is a beauty with an edge. You captured a female pirate perfectly!

I'm surprised that there isn't more either. I hope we get more, you ran a great contest last time and I know this one will be no different.
The other one
#70 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 6:46 PM
Off topic but since we're talking about your sims Sisaly, I'm Scottish and I thought your Scottish sim was a bonnie wee lass, lol. I don't know why you got so much stick for the write up, it shows you put in that extra effort and as for the accuracy, well considering the language changes from burgh to burgh I think you did really well. It does make me laugh how Americans/Canadians seem to romantacise Scotland and it's people though - nothing romantic about it!

Anyway, back on topic, Will we all get a peek at the prize sim even if we don't win?
Scholar
Original Poster
#71 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 7:16 PM
missroxor, thanks for that! People take stuff too seriously and she was just a simmy.

Well, I need to reinstall TS3 first.
I got that virus from XM Sims before it was posted at MySimsBlog. So I tried running Malwarebytes, but it kept giving me a EXE NOT FOUND error. So I tried running my pc in SafeMode to try intsalling mbam, but SafeMode wouldn't boot up. So my DARLING hubby went to the Recovery Partition and clicked Next and Shazaam...no more Windows.
He paid a guy $75 to come over and help us recover my data. I lost my ENTIRE Sims directories. My game with Harlow and Colby, my cc, EVERYTHING! Thank god I got my family pics and video.
Now I'm replacing all my Photoshop brushes, actions, styles and font.
I have to start all over.

Test Subject
#72 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 9:01 PM
eek..
I feel for you because I'll be doing that again next week. looking at old work and trying to recreate it. I hate having to try to 'remember' the styles i created in photoshop. can never get it quite right.
Top Secret Researcher
#73 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 10:42 PM
Oh no! Sorry about your computer, I know how hard that can be.

I put a link in my siggy for the contest, hopefully some people will see it and join in.
Scholar
Original Poster
#74 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 12:03 AM
Thanks for the condolences!

Where are the entries? My sim has 26 downloads. *confused*

Top Secret Researcher
#75 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 12:17 AM
*is also confused*

I was lurking around here for ages until a Sims 3 contest came, and now I've found one, there's not enough people? I don't understand. *sigh*

Page 3 of 12