Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#876 Old 23rd Sep 2016 at 10:57 PM
I like spooky too, so I look forward to seeing what it is. Take a vacation to Transylvania for Halloween! And a picture was posted way back when that looked like voodoo items. I would like that also. Loved Magictown in the original game and there was the New Orleans style voodoo shop downtown. I would love to have anything like that again. I like witches, I like vamps, so I am happy about this news.

Found it!

Advertisement
Icy Spicy
#877 Old 23rd Sep 2016 at 11:18 PM
Oh yeah..the Vodoo shop/workshop! I would love to have something like the above picture! And of course a suitable spooky and haunted world to go with it and a little bit of Moonlight Falls atmosphere thrown in!
Forum Resident
#878 Old 24th Sep 2016 at 12:26 AM
Yeah I'm way more excited for this GP then for the expansion. I *love* halloween, vampires, and goth stuff. I know that's not everyone's cup of tea so I can see why for many this was a waste, but that's how I felt when they announced the first GP. So I get your pain. Still I'm excited because overall the GPs have been better than the expansions.
Mad Poster
#879 Old 24th Sep 2016 at 1:49 AM
I'd prefer witches but Vampire are better than nothing. At least they remembered to make kids vampires this time, though hopefully they can actually use their powers this time.

The Receptacle still lives!
Top Secret Researcher
#880 Old 24th Sep 2016 at 2:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
So another Stuff Pack focused on spookiness, is this some sort of annual thing? Besides, what's up with them not including a Supernatural in either Get Together or City Living and including one in a Stuff Pack? I don't approve of that. Supernaturals / Life States were always part of EPs and now they're not including them to use them as selling point for their Stuff Packs. Could they get more shameless?

PS: I just saw the previous post... So is it an SP or a GP?

Haven't you got the memo? Things that used to be included in the sims series are especially not included in TS4

Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
I'd prefer witches but Vampire are better than nothing. At least they remembered to make kids vampires this time, though hopefully they can actually use their powers this time.

What do you mean? Did you see vampire kids that indicates their existence in the sims 4??

That Voodoo stuff looks so neat! I'd love to have all this spooky stuff. But only if there were supernatural/occult sims because without them I have hard time having any use for the spooky stuff
Instructor
#881 Old 24th Sep 2016 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I like spooky too, so I look forward to seeing what it is. Take a vacation to Transylvania for Halloween! And a picture was posted way back when that looked like voodoo items. I would like that also. Loved Magictown in the original game and there was the New Orleans style voodoo shop downtown. I would love to have anything like that again. I like witches, I like vamps, so I am happy about this news.

Found it!

SNIP

what game is that from?!

Mirror floors, sexy mirror silhouettes, adult DVD, legend of zelda items and more ALL FREE AT: XTRA SIMS!
Mad Poster
#882 Old 24th Sep 2016 at 3:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PuffyAmi
What do you mean? Did you see vampire kids that indicates their existence in the sims 4??

Quote:
GP04_Vamp_PaleSkinAdult
GP04_Vamp_PaleSkinChild
GP04_Vamp_GothRadioStation
GP04_Vamp_World_MoonlightShadows

Just this, if it turns out to be true

Top Secret Researcher
#883 Old 24th Sep 2016 at 5:11 AM
Just this, if it turns out to be true

Oh true! Yash! Vampire kids! but are they vampires for real...
Mad Poster
#884 Old 24th Sep 2016 at 8:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by XtraSim
what game is that from?!

That is a pic someone posted ages ago and I kept it as liked it so much. It looks like 4, so it would be great if we actually get those items. And soon.
Scholar
#885 Old 24th Sep 2016 at 8:15 AM Last edited by pirate_wolf_12 : 24th Sep 2016 at 11:32 AM.
Pretty sure it's Sims 4 concept art. Way back from before its release and we had pictures of the three different worlds: New Orleans' world (Which this would be from), the suburbs in the desert, and the coastal European place.

Edit: Original source here.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Top Secret Researcher
#886 Old 24th Sep 2016 at 11:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
Pretty sure it's Sims 4 concept art. Way back from before its release and we had pictures of the three different worlds: New Orleans' world (Which this would be from), the suburbs in the desert, and the coastal European place.

So no woodoo stuff? Could they just use this old concept and make pack of it... game pack that is with vampires or witches or something alike.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#887 Old 24th Sep 2016 at 12:02 PM
As they can build a whole EP around a talking toilet, I'm sure that they can make a GP with leftovers from the brainstorming phase, too.
Top Secret Researcher
#888 Old 24th Sep 2016 at 1:24 PM
Seriously, what's up with them and toilets. Just a moment ago in my sims 4 space travelling my sim discovered a toilet with an alien colony in it.
To whom exactly is the game directed to with all this toilet humor?
Alchemist
#889 Old 24th Sep 2016 at 6:00 PM
The first pack was full of stuff that would be perfect for decorating an elementary school for Halloween. I hope this upcoming pack has more of a darker vibe than that one did.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#890 Old 24th Sep 2016 at 6:22 PM
The humor changed because the target audience changed. TS1 was appealing to young adults at the time. TS4 is appealing to tweens and young teens of the present time.

I'd love to see a mod that ditches the toilet part, because the AI part is actually very interesting!

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Lab Assistant
#891 Old 24th Sep 2016 at 6:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
You would think so, but I'm not so sure. According to the official forum, the talking toilet's name is Hal. I don't know if that is a official name or if somebody thought they were being witty.

Generation Family Guy believes directly ripping off something famous is exactly the same thing as witty homage.
Top Secret Researcher
#892 Old 24th Sep 2016 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
The humor changed because the target audience changed. TS1 was appealing to young adults at the time. TS4 is appealing to tweens and young teens of the present time

I miss the game being targeted to young adults.
Top Secret Researcher
#893 Old 25th Sep 2016 at 4:37 PM Last edited by SilentPsycho : 26th Sep 2016 at 5:42 PM.
Honestly, right now the only time I can see myself using the Talking Toilet is if I make a high-tech sci-fi themed restaurant or club. Either that or for an extremely socially awkward scientist.

In any case, roll on the Supernatural! I need my mystical non-Sim fix. Simanity needs some help against the Alien Invasion!

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Top Secret Researcher
#894 Old 25th Sep 2016 at 6:50 PM Last edited by MiniMimi : 25th Sep 2016 at 7:26 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by PuffyAmi
Seriously, what's up with them and toilets. Just a moment ago in my sims 4 space travelling my sim discovered a toilet with an alien colony in it.
To whom exactly is the game directed to with all this toilet humor?

Hmm Just yesterday one of my sims autodived in a dumpster and found a toilet. Maybe the cosmic simsian forces are trying to tell us something.
Forum Resident
#895 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 6:38 PM
Sounds like we'll be getting more of them before the new year. Why do we keep getting winter/holiday stuff when the game doesn't have either?

https://www.facebook.com/TheSims/vi...88874351151633/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#896 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 6:47 PM
That stuff pack at the end of the trailer looks cute.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#897 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 7:06 PM
Where is the spooky stuff???????????? GRRRRR!
Mad Poster
#898 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 7:59 PM
Why do we need a second winter holiday themed pack?

Lab Assistant
#899 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 8:05 PM
Why do we need a second winter holiday themed pack?

Because we need more non-denominational vaguely winter festivities items 95% of which are Christmas related and clothes which are clearly all Christmas related but they're too chicken-shit to just come out and say it because that's not Inclusiveâ„¢.

And if none of the items could properly communicate with anything else in the game for a janky, disjointed experience where everything's just "there" that'd be even better.
Mad Poster
#900 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 8:38 PM
Didn't they release the holiday pack like every year? They just update it a bit.

Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
Where is the spooky stuff???????????? GRRRRR!

I second this. Where is the spooky stuff?

Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
That stuff pack at the end of the trailer looks cute.

It looks like a clothing pack with period clothing, I see some 50's men clothes and a victorian sort of dress, which would be fine, but they didn't have smart phones back in those days so I'm not sure how this pack will fit in with the rest of the game.
Page 36 of 141