Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 7:22 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default missing tools.....
hello I have a problem: I started playing The Sims 2 again after a long time, but my modular open stairs could no longer be seen in the stairs folder.
so today I decided to uninstall the scriptorium and reinstall it, I also downloaded the stairs and their related documents again. I solved the problem of stairs, but Unfortunately others have arisen ..... the foundations, the tools to level the ground and others are disappeared ..and the game crashing.. what can I do?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 8:23 PM
not sure, but some registry cleaner might fix the problem.

another possible fix might be to replace various installation files with their disc equivalents.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 11:06 PM
Since Maxis items have disappeared it would appear your installation has had something happen to it.
You may need to make a backup and reinstall.

Are you on the UC? If so go into Origin and right click and fix.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 9:10 AM Last edited by phebe86 : 30th Dec 2018 at 9:53 AM. Reason: change info
I had replace the *.txt script file from DVD The sims 2....and I solved almost problems. now only the road and the driveway are invisible
Instructor
#5 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 9:40 AM
How did you unistall the Scriptorium? It should be able to put back the default files, if you use the installer ...
Quote:
AUTOMATIC UNINSTALLATION: *DON'T* USE THE ADD/REMOVE PROGRAM WINDOW! In order to completely uninstall the Scriptorium, you must run the installer and choose the option "Restore Maxis lights & Uninstall Scriptorium". After the uninstallation, the custom scripts located in the various "Scriptorium_..." folders will NOT be removed, so don't be afraid to lose anything during the automatic uninstallation.

I'd give it another go, it might be quicker than reinstalling all the config from all the DVDs.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 10:54 AM
I had replace the *.txt script file from the Sims 2 and EP's DVDand then I had reinstall the Scriptorium and now every thing is ok