Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[OUTDATED] The "CEP" - Color Enable Package v.8

by Numenor Posted 27th Sep 2005 at 2:46 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:27 PM by Nysha

Closed Thread Locked by: Reason:
333 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 329 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 11 of 14
Test Subject
#251 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 2:21 AM
"There is a known bug, widely discussed before, that cause a crash when you install the "Garden Rocks" extra into a game that does not have Bon Voyage. Reinstall the CEP UNchecking the option "Garden Rocks".

thanks for this solution i thought i would have to go without the CEP package and was very sad but now i know what went wrong, keep up the good work
Test Subject
#252 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 2:22 AM
P.S. sorry im not sure how to quote properly
Test Subject
#253 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 2:59 AM
The Pets phone with the Phone extra changes handset to the base game phone handset. I have CEP 8.1 and all EPs and SPs.

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking." ---General George S. Patton, Jr. (1885-1945)
Lab Assistant
#254 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eshauber
The Pets phone with the Phone extra changes handset to the base game phone handset.

The handset on FT phones revert to the base game phone handset, too.
Test Subject
#255 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 10:26 AM
I want to try the CEP 8.2. When will come it?
Field Researcher
#256 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 1:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stufim
I want to try the CEP 8.2. When will come it?

When it's finished. Have some patience.

I've noticed some K&B deco stuff are not included in v8.1.

Flavorful Necessities
Sugar-Peppercorn-Flour Collection
Duck in Three Parts by Brain Ting
Stiller Life by Antonio Slome
View from a Veranda by Bert Biscotti

Any chance they're included in the next version?

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Test Subject
#257 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 3:51 AM
CEP v8 crashes my game. Any links to CEP v7?
Lab Assistant
#258 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 11:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lovely70
CEP v8 crashes my game. Any links to CEP v7?

You have read thru all the threads and found no answer to your statement as to why or what is happening.

Well, then you need to be more specific as to what you are doing when your game crashes. It may not be related to CEP Version 8 or 8.1.
Field Researcher
#259 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 7:40 AM
I didn't search through the whole thread but I typed a couple of terms into the "search this thread" drop down and couldn't find a solution to my problem.

I installed the latest Free Time patch (about a week after installing CEP v8) and the thumbnails of the clothes that I downloaded afterwards look really weird. For example, for a short-sleeved dress for little girls shows blue/purple arms, neck and legs. I've tried ctrl + right click but it doesn't change the thumbnail. It's only the thumbnails that look like this, not the actual downloads. I'm not sure if this is a CEP-related problem or if the fix has screwed up my game
Lab Assistant
#260 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 1:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by inuyasha_babe
I didn't search through the whole thread but I typed a couple of terms into the "search this thread" drop down and couldn't find a solution to my problem.

I installed the latest Free Time patch (about a week after installing CEP v8) and the thumbnails of the clothes that I downloaded afterwards look really weird. For example, for a short-sleeved dress for little girls shows blue/purple arms, neck and legs. I've tried ctrl + right click but it doesn't change the thumbnail. It's only the thumbnails that look like this, not the actual downloads. I'm not sure if this is a CEP-related problem or if the fix has screwed up my game
CEP has nothing to do with Clothing its only for Objects. The prob you has could be caused by the Downloads itsef or the Patch but not by the CEP. Are the clothings normal in Bodyshop or CAS?
Because blue/purple flashing means the game could not find a Materialdefinition needed for the object/clothing to work correct.
Field Researcher
#261 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 9:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Havelock
CEP has nothing to do with Clothing its only for Objects. The prob you has could be caused by the Downloads itsef or the Patch but not by the CEP. Are the clothings normal in Bodyshop or CAS?
Because blue/purple flashing means the game could not find a Materialdefinition needed for the object/clothing to work correct.

I'm sure it's not the downloads because no one else has complained about the thumbnails for those clothes. The clothes are normal in Bodyshop, CAS and in-game wardrobes. It's just the thumbnails that are stuffed up. They're not flashing blue, they just look blue and purple on exposed skin (as well as the thumbnail of one outfit appearing as a naked body). It doesn't really bother me, it just means more clicking for me to find out what outfit is what.
Field Researcher
#262 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 10:09 PM
It's a wrong thread to discuss your problem, in any case, as CEP has absolutely nothing to do with clothes. Ask your question elsewhere.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Test Subject
#263 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 3:58 AM
I got an error right after installing CEP. I didnt write it all down cause it crashed but i know it started with An error occured in object...and then something about the phone...there was one earlier about visit generator and some numbers....is it the CEP or something else? I just thought it might be CEP since it happened right after I installed it and used Sims for the first time afterward. Any help is appreciated...thanks in advance
Test Subject
#264 Old 23rd Jul 2008 at 12:52 AM
Hmmm. I recently added a new user account on my computer for the sole purpose of segregating my normal (only a few hacks used) game from my new super-modded medieval neighborhood.

I assume that if i run the exe installer in both my user accounts everything will work correctly. Can anyone confirm this? Moreover, since this requires files both in the installation and in the downloads folder can i install it on one account and not have it affect the other? Will the account without the files in its download folder experience problems?
Field Researcher
#265 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 5:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BillySIMS139
The CEP extra folder was crashing my game every time I went to Decorative> Misc and Decorative> All.

For the last time....
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...185#post1949185

This issue was already discussed several times in this thread. In fact, it's mentioned even in the current page. DO read the whole thread, or at least the current page, before you ask the same question over again.

Test Subject
#266 Old 25th Jul 2008 at 6:52 PM
Okay, I've read through about 9 pages, and then even did a search, it appears to me that no one else has asked this question. I have installed the CEP various times. It always worked. ie I have a purple maxis potty chair. The only thing that doesn't seem to ever work is my trashcan. No recolors will work. I've tried the one from the Dark Project, and even downloaded others, but nothing works... Is there a solution. I am sorry to harry
you any farther, Numenor, but I just finally got around to finishing my medieval hood with
the anygame starter, and I really need that wooden trashcan!!!

I would like to add when I hover over it with the design tool it says that this object is not recolorable! However, even my mailbox is.... just not the trashcan.
Field Researcher
#267 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 12:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sparklietrails
The only thing that doesn't seem to ever work is my trashcan.

Open Graphics/Performance options, and see if Sim/Object Detail is set to High. Trashcan is known to be unrecolorable if it's set to Low. Some people report it to be still unrecolorable even after they changed the setting to High though.

Field Researcher
#268 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 8:25 PM
Default Cannot recolour mailbox or trashcan? I don't think it's because of CEP
I cannot use the recolours I made of the mailbox and trashcan on any newly created lots (older lots yes). Dialogue pops up that the items are not recolourable. I thought it had to do with CEPv8. After trying both v7 and v8, it still did not allow recoloring. So now I'm thinking maybe it has to do with the FreeTime EP.

Update: This is the solution that worked for me. Get the buyable mailbox and trashcan from Sim A Little Dream A Lot http://daydream.etowns.net/. This enabled my recolours again!

Let me know if you use any of my recolors in a story, video, etc. I'd like to see it!
Forum Resident
#269 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 7:10 PM
Hello Everyone
Thanks for the CEP program And just to say I have been a way for awhile!

"This too shall pass, I shall walk and not become weary, I shall run and not faint, I shall mount up with wings like and eagle and fly."
Field Researcher
#270 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 7:56 PM
The corner mesh of Club Commercial Counter was a pet peeve of mine since base game.

The recolor of counterfinish part doesn't extend to the part where the counterfinish meets the countertop part. To make it seamless, you can only pair a certain countertop with a certain counterfinish color, thus severely limiting its usefulness. Looks like the corner mesh was badly mapped or something like it. Can it be fixed?
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#271 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 10:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lord Darcy
The corner mesh of Club Commercial Counter was a pet peeve of mine since base game.
The recolor of counterfinish part doesn't extend to the part where the counterfinish meets the countertop part. Too make it seamless, you can only pair a certain countertop with a certain counterfinish color, thus severely limiting its usefulness. Looks like the corner mesh was badly mapped or something like it. Can it be fixed?

The fix. Put it in your CEP-EXTRA folder. The wooden trim is now part of the finish. The only issue i could not fix is the different look of the wooden trims on straight and corner mesh. Its the same as before corner trim is brighter.
Attachments Pending Approval
File Type: rar CEP-EXTRA_CounterCommercialClubCorner.rar
Field Researcher
#272 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 12:55 PM
Thanks for providing the fix, Havelock! Yes, the corner counter looks much better now. Now I can actually use them in shops and coffee shops along with the matching espresso machine!

Scholar
#273 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 10:44 PM
isnt there a fix for the non-base game phone handset reverting to base-game handset bug? i have the latest update of the CEP....but it still happens
Test Subject
#274 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sim~obsessor
isn't there a fix for the non-base game phone handset reverting to base-game handset bug? i have the latest update of the CEP....but it still happens

I uninstalled CEP, then reinstalled it without the Phones Extra . I keep the proper handsets. I did have to replace all the phones though.

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking." ---General George S. Patton, Jr. (1885-1945)
Lab Assistant
#275 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 8:24 PM
But you also don't get the recolors for the base game phone if you remove the Phones Extra.
Closed Thread
Page 11 of 14