Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[OUTDATED] The "CEP" - Color Enable Package v.8

by Numenor Posted 27th Sep 2005 at 2:46 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:27 PM by Nysha

Closed Thread Locked by: Reason:
333 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 329 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 12 of 14
Test Subject
#276 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 2:19 AM
I don't understand how to as you say make it so this side is allowed. It says cookies are not enabled or something close to that. I do have norton anti virus so a little guide would make be enternally grateful.
Test Subject
#277 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 2:47 PM
Lost my teddybears :-( Before I installed V8 I had about 8 different recolored teddybears. Now they all have gone, only the Maxi's are left. I uninstalled CEP but no change. Put back CEP still just the teddybear with blue trousers. What has happend?
Field Researcher
#278 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 4:58 AM
I LOVE YOU NUMENOR!!!!!!! *ahem* I needed to get that off my chest

Thanks to your wonderful CEP I have been able to successfully enter the world of modding. Your creations have helped improve my sims' lives greatly and I look forward to seeing your work for years to come--You ROCK!!!!
Lab Assistant
#279 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 4:52 AM
Any way you could make the on lot Trash can recolorable as well? The mail box is, and every so often there is that one lot that I wish to make with a crappy rusted can, but alas, can not. I would be very thankful If you got around to it, if not, ahh well keep up the good work.

The answer to life, the universe and everything: 42
Top Secret Researcher
#280 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 3:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bibbis
Lost my teddybears :-( Before I installed V8 I had about 8 different recolored teddybears. Now they all have gone, only the Maxi's are left. I uninstalled CEP but no change. Put back CEP still just the teddybear with blue trousers. What has happend?

Do you have IKEA? If so, then somehow, EAxis could have made the bears un-recolorable.

Field Researcher
#281 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 8:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bibbis

Quote: Originally posted by fway
Do you have IKEA? If so, then somehow, EAxis could have made the bears un-recolorable.

Its got nothing to do with IKEA because I've got that one (and everything else) along with the latest CEP. Sounds to me like an outdated version. Make sure you uninstall the old CEP and download the new one.
Lab Assistant
#282 Old 22nd Aug 2008 at 11:56 PM
Thanks!
Test Subject
#283 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 1:25 AM
Not sure if this is due to CEP or not. I downloaded the latest CEP, uninstalled my old CEP and installed the new version. My problem occured when everytime I looked in my decorations (eternity symbol) after scrolling through 2 pages the game would crash. I tested this several times with the same result. I then removed the current CEP and re installed my previous version of CEP. The decoration section now runs smoothly with no crashing.

Just thought you should know.
Thanks so much for creating a fantastic program
Field Researcher
#284 Old 24th Aug 2008 at 1:58 AM
Default CEP Extra folder... read the fine print!
Quote: Originally posted by Midnight22
... everytime I looked in my decorations (eternity symbol) after scrolling through 2 pages the game would crash...

It had to do with the "CEP EXTRA" folder upon install of this new version. It has been duly noted earlier in this reply thread -I had the same issue. I took out the "CEP Extra" folder and now my game doesn't crash.

Let me know if you use any of my recolors in a story, video, etc. I'd like to see it!
Field Researcher
#285 Old 24th Aug 2008 at 2:01 AM
Default Quick fix... buyables at "Sim a Little Dream a Lot"
Quote: Originally posted by MorriganRane
...Any way you could make the on lot Trash can recolorable as well? ...

There are buyable trash can and mailbox at Sim a Little Dream a Lot. Once in my downloads, I was able to access my recolours as well as make recolours once again!
http://daydream.etowns.net/

Let me know if you use any of my recolors in a story, video, etc. I'd like to see it!
Lab Assistant
#286 Old 24th Aug 2008 at 5:27 AM
So, I just have a few questions.

Ok, I unpacked the Auto Installer onto my Desktop.
Then, I am installing the CEP in My Documents. (is that ok??)
After that, I got to the CEP Extras.
AND I got stuck. How am I suppose to know which Extras to Download??

So, I just need to know where to download the CEP and which extras I need (I have The Sims 2 Deluxe [NL and Base])

Please help!
Thanks in advance.
Test Subject
#287 Old 24th Aug 2008 at 4:07 PM
Default extra crash
Quote: Originally posted by BillySIMS139
It had to do with the "CEP EXTRA" folder upon install of this new version. It has been duly noted earlier in this reply thread -I had the same issue. I took out the "CEP Extra" folder and now my game doesn't crash.

same thing happened to me, but i didn't find the thread until now and i already fixed it but for me, it was enough to take out ONLY the GardenRocks package. i don't know why but that fixed the issue i had (when i clicked "sort by room", clicked on "outdoors" and then "decoration").

which is weird because i remember the rocks working when i installed CEP the first time and generally the past months playing with this version... (i only installed this version on a brand new game so there were no leftovers whatsoever) it started crashing about 2 weeks ago everytime i tried to access these rocks, disabling the custom content didn't help anything either. oh well! at least i found out before i reinstalled my entire game lol
Test Subject
#288 Old 25th Aug 2008 at 2:08 AM
Awesomely cool. Thank you!! :D
Test Subject
#289 Old 25th Aug 2008 at 2:37 AM
thanks numenor
does the new CEP affect the sims at all. because my sims looks more stretched in the game?
Lab Assistant
#290 Old 26th Aug 2008 at 6:14 AM
Okay, lost the ability to recolor the Great american Trash Can. I could before, now when I create the package, same way I used to, the ingame texture is pink?

Guess something else has over-ridden it or something. Please can you fix this with your great and powerful wand?

Thanks....

Oh Yeah, would like to add, hope you can list the objects for Teen Style Stuff, KnB & Ikea packs in the CEP documentation. Thank You Very Much for this.
Lab Assistant
#291 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 7:07 AM
I'm having odd issues after starting a completely new game. Decorative>Misc crashed, as past people have reported, but nothing I'm doing seems to be fixing the problem, save removing CEP entirely.

A list of what I tried:
- Unchecking "Garden Rocks"
- Manual Installation/Uninstallation
- Auto Installation/Uninstallation
- Unchecking everything to readd one at a time

I have the Sims 2 CD (as opposed to DVD, which I was using before), University, Nightlife and Seasons and I'm using Gunmod's Radiance Lights.

Hide all Maxis objects {|} Hide CAS screen objects {|} Want to be a real mermaid?{|} icon by yumehito

Ich schrei in die Nacht für Dich...
Lab Assistant
#292 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 7:09 AM
Numenor sadly EA has broken some Stuff with AL. The OFB International Windows have now wrong named Subsets they changed door to window and doorintlcapshort_glass to windowintl_glass, resulting in lost recolors. Its default red and non recolorable.
And the Nightlife neighborhoodBuildingRes1 got overridden by a different one and is lost now.
Test Subject
#293 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 12:35 AM
I too have had a repeated misc decorations crash but deleting the garden rocks CEP pack cured it as far as i can tell. I have university, seasons and ikea.

(also, thankyou for this amazing tool!)
Instructor
#294 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 11:55 AM
Hi there...just wanted to say that I think I am having some problems with AL & the CEP. I think it is the same problem that Havelock mentioned. For me there are several windows that have lost their recolours...the names on the windows are the embrosure, the pythagoras, the breech, the artifact & the intake. These are the red windows that came with OFB (I think). The doors that match seem ok for me and I havn't noticed any other problems (yet)...just thought I would give you a heads up. I really love the CEP and I think it is possibly one of the best programs/hacks out there!
Zen

www.crystalgecko.co.uk

Never wake a sleeping Dragon...for you are small and crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
Lab Assistant
#295 Old 4th Sep 2008 at 5:43 AM
I seem to be having similar problems, with AL. While I have yet to experience a game crash (knockwood), the game installed in less than 30 seconds, or so it seemed compared to other EP installs. Which is highly unusual. It then took nearly 30minutes for the game to completely load to the chosen neighborhood, the first time I loaded the game. I ran it without custom content, as I always do to test the EP and to browse the catalogs. The second time I ran it, it loaded its normal time and speed, about 3-5 minutes, total. This time I ran it with custom content and the CEP, after having uninstalled the CEP prior to updating to AL. All, or at least most that I can see of my "recolors" still work, as they loaded the first time. Its the new objects or "cloned objects recolors" I am having a problem with. Some of my top cabinets for the kitchen have reverted to window shades, a kitchen table reverted to another style and a number of other objects are that typical 'bright blue' in color, all solid blue, not object detail. Also, for some reason, cboy's c*ck hack is now gone, and unusable.

UPDATE: I just went and ran the game again, this is the third time I ran it, the first time, I created a new family in the new AL neighborhood, and saved that game. The second time, I loaded a family I just created this morning prior to installing AL. Now, this third time, the issues I discussed in the paragraph above have all been resolved. I knew that Numenor was talented and capable of great feats of magic, but this is ridiculous! (Someone is giving Hermione a run for her money!!!!) Seriously, for some odd reason the issues just resolved themselves and all is right with my sim world. I thought I would update this so you all have the most accurate information. If I find any issues, I will post them, so far so good, but it is still early in my gameplay. I just don't get why the game runs differently (but better) each time I run it. But I'm not gonna complain about that, its getting better, not worse, at least its going in the right direction (McCain/Palin, take a lesson, eh?)
Lab Assistant
#296 Old 4th Sep 2008 at 9:01 PM
jtf04240..."All, or at least most that I can see of my "recolors" still work, as they loaded the first time. Its the new objects or "cloned objects recolors" I am having a problem with. Some of my top cabinets for the kitchen have reverted to window shades, a kitchen table reverted to another style and a number of other objects are that typical 'bright blue' in color, all solid blue, not object detail. Also, for some reason, cboy's c*ck hack is now gone, and unusable."

That's the way CEP has always worked with regard to new meshes and a newly installed ep/sp. Normally I will run the game once w/o CC installed and "enable" CC. If you exit the game from the neighborhood screen rather than from a sim's lot it sometimes help kick in the recognition of new meshes on that 2nd attempt in restarting your game... sometimes it does take 3 tries though.
Instructor
#297 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 1:09 AM
Just an update...I also think some of the wardrobes are messed up (Dynasty Dresser 2 and another but I didn't write the name down...will take another look tommorow)
All the best,
Zen

www.crystalgecko.co.uk

Never wake a sleeping Dragon...for you are small and crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
Field Researcher
#298 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 1:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenFrog76
Just an update...I also think some of the wardrobes are messed up (Dynasty Dresser 2 and another but I didn't write the name down...will take another look tommorow)

It's not CEP but EAxis which b0rked dynasty dresser, as I mentioned in this MATY thread. Preferably it needs to be fixed by AL patch, but if not, Numenor will have yet another b0rk on his already full plate.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Lab Assistant
#299 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 6:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tazzianna
jtf04240..."All, or at least most that I can see of my "recolors" still work, as they loaded the first time. Its the new objects or "cloned objects recolors" I am having a problem with. Some of my top cabinets for the kitchen have reverted to window shades, a kitchen table reverted to another style and a number of other objects are that typical 'bright blue' in color, all solid blue, not object detail. Also, for some reason, cboy's c*ck hack is now gone, and unusable."

That's the way CEP has always worked with regard to new meshes and a newly installed ep/sp. Normally I will run the game once w/o CC installed and "enable" CC. If you exit the game from the neighborhood screen rather than from a sim's lot it sometimes help kick in the recognition of new meshes on that 2nd attempt in restarting your game... sometimes it does take 3 tries though.

Tazziana, thats what I did as well. I always do that when installing a new EP, run it once without the CC, then the second time with. The third time seemed to be the charm for me. I am continuing to check for issues, but so far so good. Its just funny how the game ran better once I enabled the CC, than it did with it disabled. Oh well, that sort of disproves EA's theory of CC potentially messing up eh? I do have some hacks as well, but whenever I install CC or hacks, I always make sure I get them from a reputable Sims2 fansite, such as ModTheSims, or affiliates of such. BTW, while I'm at it I would like to thank all the people here involved in the creation of CEP and custom content, if it wasn't for these things I wouldn't enjoy the game near as much or play as much. I know you all put alot of time and effort into your creations, and folks like me who can't create crap owe you all a great debt.
Test Subject
#300 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 5:55 AM
Just FYI for what it's worth I also had my Sims begin crashing when I tried to open Outdoors - Decorations (I have Sims Deluxe + Seasons). I deleted the CEP Extra folder like others mentioned and it fixed my problems.
Closed Thread
Page 12 of 14