Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#7526 Old 4th May 2012 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fivey
I believe it is restrained to the neighborhood they originate from, since I often see member of the adoption pool crawling around Community Lots, making friendships and stuff. Remember, what goes on in the 'hood, stays in the 'hood. Or else you'll have a BFBVFS.

There is no 'universal' adoption pool. Any not-orphan-or-abused kids originally in the neighborhood are generated on the spot (which is why many look like demons or just horrendously ugly).

Alrighty, guess I'll do the extraction method then. Don't want to asplode my game. I have a pool bypasser mod anyways, so demon children no more! I usually just chuck the actual born-in-game ones into an orphanage.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#7527 Old 4th May 2012 at 1:18 AM
Alright, I've only been playing since this last year. I have been picking up information rather quickly, and have learned a LOT.

However, I would like to know the story on TSR. Rather, the mass amount of hate against it. I've never used the site myself.

From what I understand, they make you pay to download low quality items, and did something to Digital Perversion that forced it to close it's doors. That's all I know.

Anyone care to elaborate?

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Forum Resident
#7528 Old 4th May 2012 at 2:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Darby
You mean, none of your pets ever age? Is there a separate "aging off" cheat for pets? Might you have a hack installed that affects pet aging?

Not that I know of. I'm not sure why they don't age. I can't recall downloading any sort of pet aging hack. I just checked through my hacks and there's nothing related to pets. I found this code online boolprop DisablePuppyKittenAging do you think if I put that in my userstartup as boolprop Enable.... that it would fix the problem?

It really doesn't bother me at all because I can just age with InSim manually but I'm worried about when they reach the last day as an elder and they're ready to pass. I don't want to have to kill them off myself :/

Tired of your workers' faces changing after you set a uniform? See this thread for more details and a potential fix.
-----
Check out my journal.
I now have a Simblr(in the making) please follow!
Simblr
Site Helper
#7529 Old 4th May 2012 at 2:23 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 4th May 2012 at 2:37 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Fivey
I would like to know the story on TSR. [...] Anyone care to elaborate?
Most of the accusations are collected here:
http://tsr.mustbedestroyed.org/
Mad Poster
#7530 Old 4th May 2012 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bwinney43
I found this code online boolprop DisablePuppyKittenAging do you think if I put that in my userstartup as boolprop Enable.... that it would fix the problem?

In general, I dislike workarounds for problems, preferring to find the actual cause and fix it, but if your game works normally otherwise, I'd give it a shot. I have no idea if it will work, but you won't know unless you try.
Instructor
#7531 Old 4th May 2012 at 12:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
I seem to remember familyfunds working at university. Perhaps you have a household name conflict, which is preventing familyfunds from working?

It's Nightlife that first allowed familyFunds. That's why it's not working with Uni.
Mad Poster
#7532 Old 4th May 2012 at 3:37 PM
I thought familyFunds was an OFB cheat?
Site Helper
#7533 Old 4th May 2012 at 4:57 PM
According to the wiki, it first appeared with Nightlife. Good catch!
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...hborhood_Cheats
Instructor
#7534 Old 4th May 2012 at 5:14 PM
You mean, none of your pets ever age? Is there a separate "aging off" cheat for pets? Might you have a hack installed that affects pet aging?

There is a seperate cheat to stop puppies aging. Which is for the puppy pen. Aging off works for cats and dogs.
Forum Resident
#7535 Old 4th May 2012 at 8:33 PM
In general, I dislike workarounds for problems, preferring to find the actual cause and fix it, but if your game works normally otherwise, I'd give it a shot. I have no idea if it will work, but you won't know unless you try.

I don't want to put the cheat in unless I know the root cause. I guess I could try taking my hacks/mods folder out first. Would that be safe to remove all my hacks and mods?

Tired of your workers' faces changing after you set a uniform? See this thread for more details and a potential fix.
-----
Check out my journal.
I now have a Simblr(in the making) please follow!
Simblr
Mad Poster
#7536 Old 4th May 2012 at 9:23 PM
That's a standard step in troubleshooting (see FAQ). Just be sure you back up the neighborhood first.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#7537 Old 5th May 2012 at 12:45 AM
I don't want to put the cheat in unless I know the root cause. I guess I could try taking my hacks/mods folder out first. Would that be safe to remove all my hacks and mods?

Safer to try it out in a new neighbourhood. It's fun to go frankenstein on a hood. Hmm I wonder what my transvestite midget maid is doing right now?
Mad Poster
#7538 Old 5th May 2012 at 1:27 AM

You don't have to put the cheat in your userstartup. Just type it in manually while in-game.

But yes, as Peni said, removing hacks/mods to troubleshoot is basic, whenever you're trying to run down a problem with the game. And also as Peni said, make a backup FIRST, so you have that to revert to if your testing creates any wonkiness. No need to start a new 'hood to do tests in, as long as you have a backup of your current one.
Instructor
#7539 Old 5th May 2012 at 4:01 AM
If a fortune sim wants to marry a rich sim, must the rich sim live on their own?

For example, If they live with their younger sister and the sister is married, must they move out from the rich sim's house?

(So the other sim gets the asp. points and memory)
Scholar
#7540 Old 5th May 2012 at 4:09 AM
So I have this restaurant business that has this extra employee that I don't remember hiring. Hes a tourist from BV, but he never comes in because it says hes too tired to work- everyday. How can I fire him? I just tried teleporting him, but he doesn't have the business interactions, its just as if he was visiting

Also, I notice lately when I go to non-owned restaurants, random people will stand and wait for my food order to come, pick up my sim's food and sit down and eat it elsewhere =_=. Is there a fix for that?
Mad Poster
#7541 Old 5th May 2012 at 4:41 AM
I'm not following your example. If the sim brings a substantial amount of money (Ginger Hawkins remembers marrying "a rich sim" when she married Cooper, when all he had was the $20K handout minus one week's rent on a trailer) into the household, or the Fortune sim moves into a rich household, either way, it works. Probably the important thing is that the Fortune sim's household money takes a huge jump.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#7542 Old 5th May 2012 at 5:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lazzybum
Also, I notice lately when I go to non-owned restaurants, random people will stand and wait for my food order to come, pick up my sim's food and sit down and eat it elsewhere =_=. Is there a fix for that?

I have a hack in my Downloads called "stealfoodfix" from Squinge, here. It's been cleared for use with later EPs, even AL and M&G.

Though it never did stop the food stealing completely, it did reduce it considerably. Or such is my impression.
Instructor
#7543 Old 5th May 2012 at 5:08 AM
Thank you @Peni, I suppose I shall just try it out then and see what happens.
Scholar
#7544 Old 5th May 2012 at 7:15 AM
Thanks Simsica! Reducing it will do

And I solved my first question. I was able to summon him with pescado's business controller.
Instructor
#7545 Old 5th May 2012 at 11:57 AM
Does the firehydrant statue do anything? It must because who would want one for aesthetic reasons? And even if they did who would think other people would want one?
Test Subject
#7546 Old 5th May 2012 at 12:08 PM
Default yoyoyo
just joined this website any one know a really good muscle slider thx
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7547 Old 5th May 2012 at 12:38 PM
kaymae99 - Please use the Where Can I Find section for questions on custom content (including custom sliders).

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mad Poster
#7548 Old 5th May 2012 at 1:04 PM
Sorry, Josepina - the fire hydrant statue is funny and that's it. Tastes and senses of humor vary, that's all.

I put one in my pet cemetery.

Instructor
#7549 Old 5th May 2012 at 1:28 PM
Quote:
If a fortune sim wants to marry a rich sim, must the rich sim live on their own?

If you're moving the fortune sim into the rich sim's household, there's no problem. If you're moving the rich sim into the fortune sim's household, there may be a problem if the game decides your rich sim doesn't acutally have ownership of enough of the household money to be considered a rich sim.

I recently re-booted Pleasantview. Dina married Mortimer at her house (Alexander moved in also) and he didn't bring enough simoleans with him to satisfy the 'marry a rich sim' want. (Poor Dina )
Inventor
#7550 Old 5th May 2012 at 7:31 PM
I downloaded the SmokeSentry SmokeSniffer 3000 - ceiling version by Targa, and now I regret it, because it's more obtrusive than the Maxi original. Trouble is, the ceiling version has now replaced the original. If I delete the ceiling version from the Buy catalogue in game, will that also delete the original, leaving me without a smoke detector?

I've just spent half an hour roving through my Downloads folders, and there's no trace of Targa's ceiling version. Any clues, anyone, please?
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: 1000 pages.... time to start a new one!
Page 302 of 1000