Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 6:31 PM Last edited by Kithie : 10th Mar 2015 at 7:45 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
School crowded, can't enter!
So this is new to me... There are a lot of children and teenagers in my town at the moment, and when I say "a lot" I mean 60. Because only one sim at a time can go through a door, going to school becomes a massive problem since a crowd of sims are standing there at the same time trying to get in, and after waiting for too long they just give up and well, basically most kids skip school now because of this. I have the mods ErrorTrap, StoryProgression, Overwatch, MasterController, GoHere, Decensor and Woohooer, and some of these gives me messages about a bunch of kids skipping school, being "unroutable" (or something like that) etc.

How can I fix this? My initial thought was to enter Edit town and add a second school, but I assume that won't do anything since they'll all just keep going to the same one anyway, aren't they? Is there other ways to fix it? (I'd rather not get more mods, since the current ones combines with all my CC and my EP's makes the game really slow, so if there's a way using in-game stuff or my current mods that'd be great!)

Thank you in advance

(Edit: wrote the exact number of children and teens, which I had previously guessed to be 40 but turned out to be 60)
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 6:38 PM
### add a second school

That. At least to separate teens from children. There is a way to select the school,
but I don't remember what is it (probably a mod, maybe you already have it).
But worry not, someone else will come to help.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 6:53 PM
I actually just downloaded NRAAS SP and MC today and had to set all the settings; like previously posted you can assign diff schools for diff castes. Here's the info from the NRAAS site:

"I would like to have different sims attend separate schools in my town.
anchor: [[StoryProgression FAQ Employment#Schools]]

So, you have a single school, with a pile of students encountering routing issues attempting to get in the front door each morning ?

There are several methods to handle splitting up a town's school population.
In Careersthere is a "School" module, which provides a number of custom specialty schools for teenagers and children.
When installed, Career StoryProgression will automatically reassign sims to these schools, which are attached to other rabbitholes around town.
Doing so reduces the number of students that attend the EA Standard school rabbithole.
Note that StoryProgression will assign sims to these "Private" schools based on the "Private School" and "Public School" castes, which by default differentiate between sims based on how much "Net Worth" their families hold.
You can alter which schools are deemed "Public" by altering the "Options: Careers \ Options: School \ Considered Public School" option.
From the Lot Menu you can alter which castes are allowed to attend school at the lot on which the school rabbithole exists
So to change a school to be "Teenagers Only", change the "Caste: Require" to include "Teenagers"
To change a school to be "Children Only", change the "Caste: Disallowed" to include "Teenagers"
Note there is a delay between a sim aging up, and the mod validating their school assignment. However the mod should eventually move the sim to an appropriate rabbithole (if one exists)."

I just googled NRAAS castes school settings to find it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 7:46 PM
Thanks so much for the replies! I'll see if I can make it work, and will return with feedback.
(If there are more ways of fixing the issue I'd still appreciate them ^^)