Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 10:17 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Sims 3-It says cc is installed but when i close the launcher and re-open in its gone. WHAT DO I DO :,(
So I did a virus scan on my laptop and when it was done I went to go on TS3 and I saw that some cc was un installed so I was like "okay I can just install it again " But when I went back into the game it was not there! I am so confused on what to do I have already spent like 2 days trying to figure this out but no one is really giving the answer that I need if you have come across this problem and managed to fix it please tell me how I can fix this problem I will be very grateful if you tell me something and it works .

BTW this is what I've tried to fix it
1.Delete some content and re download it from the creator -Did not work -
2.Create a new game to see if my old one had a problem
3.Install the content in no more than 50 batches

And don't tell me I have to move files around plz

I am using game version 1.67.2.024002 BTW That means I have all the updates all the store content is updated I am so confused >
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 12:26 PM
Sometimes when I install sims3packs they don't install right away. They show up in Downloads (and I haven't put them in the Downloads folder in My Documents either!) but aren't installed.
Have you tried going to the Downloads section of the Launcher, finding your item and installing it again from there? It should show up under the Installed Content section afterwards.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 12:19 PM
Yeah I did all that stuff but it still doesn't show up in game and when I restart the launcher the newest content is still in downloads but not installed :o
Alchemist
#4 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 12:25 PM
Truth be told, I've had this error pop up for me as well. In the end I just gave up on the Launcher and installed the files as packages - though I don't think it'd be a solution for you, since you mentioned not "moving" files.

If you do want to try it, see this guide for more information. To convert the sims3packs to packages, you will need this.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 12:34 PM
okay I will take a look and see if that helps
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 12:37 PM
I don't do mods
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 12:50 PM
Ok so I am copying the sims3 packs into another folder. Where do I extract the files to though?
Theorist
#8 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 1:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pinkypoo786
Ok so I am copying the sims3 packs into another folder. Where do I extract the files to though?

I extract everything to my desktop. sims3packs will install from there if you double click on them.

Make sure your content is actually installed in the launcher. If you downloaded a world that insists that you have content from a EP or SP that you don't have, it won't install. Matkooskee is one of those worlds just as a example. There is one thing that came from High End Loft Stuff the creator used and the launcher refuses to install the world without that one thing. This is when it comes in handy to convert worlds into a package file.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 1:06 PM
Going into the launcher :l
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 1:28 PM
When I extracted them to the desktop they turn into package files?
Theorist
#11 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 1:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pinkypoo786
When I extracted them to the desktop they turn into package files?

No. When you download a sims3pack, you will either have a zip file which contains the sims3pack or you will have just a sims3pack.

In the event you have a zip file, you need to extract the sims3pack with a program like WinRAR.

In order to convert a sims3pack, you need a program called sims 3 multi-installer and go through the conversion process.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 7:55 AM
Can I have a simple way to do this :'( ?
Alchemist
#13 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 9:05 AM
No simpler than what was posted above.
1) download archive or sims3pack or package from creator of file;
-- if archive, unzip it to your desktop. You will then have either a sims3pack or package file;
-- if sims3pack, double click to install to launcher;
-- if package, follow this guide to install.

2) if you want to convert a sims3pack to package, use this program. All instructions are inside. Then follow this guide.

FYI, the Mods folder contains a "Packages" subfolder, which in turn contains both custom content (objects) and mods (hacks).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 8:35 AM
okay i have not been on sims 3 for a year need another solution plz