Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 7:23 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Inactive/Uncontrolled sims don't maintain their needs
This is actually really annoying me.
My main sim lived in a house with 4 other people (mum, dad, brother and sister). They ALWAYS were in the red for their moods, passed out, peed themselves, had the green low hygiene thing. Checked setting, i played around with autonomy on and off...made NO difference.
Now she is at Uni, alone, just her. She's hanging out, partying, going to class. Literally, EVERYONE around her has the green 'bio' problem, or pees themselves or passes out. She has a boyfriend, they had 'woohoo' and 'made out' a lot. 7 times in a row for the woohoo. Then she tried the next day...at the time she was seeing another guy, and go the 'exploring options reputation' upon breaking it off with the other guy, making choice #1 the bf, and being monogamous. Got the interaction to 'extremely irresistible' kept flirting and kissing...went to make out, he shoved her away. Went to woohoo, he shoved her away. I thought it might be an issue with the reputation thing, plus i had installed the 'woohooer' mod, and uninstalled it, so thought it might be an issue with the mod. But then he passed out and peed himself. 2 days later. NO change. Green bio stuff.

NO ONE gives a damn about their needs. How can i make the town, and unselected sims, care enough about themselves, so my sim can woohoo and 'get hers', just because they are all in crappy moods. She also has the 'disgusted' moodlet pretty much permanently, because she is around stinky people.

This was going on before and after Nraas story progression mod. No difference, so i know it isnt due to the mod.

Please help. It's affecting my gameplay, and it's so extremely annoying.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 9:36 PM
I don't really know what unplayed Sims get up to when we're not playing them, But I I have University life installed and I know if I leave them for 10 sim minutes and come back they will be "juiced" or "super juiced" about 80% of the time :\
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Are those sims standing around idling most of the time? If so, there are 2 possibilities.

1) You have some bad mods interfering with the AI
2) Your system is too slow, thus AI scripting is taking too long.

Please provide your deviceconfig, use the spoiler tag.

Could be mods...Cant remember when it started. But i did everything right...I think. I have a few clothe and hair mods. And I have the NRaas Story Prog and a few of the extra bits for it. They are pretty much just standing around idly. Not the whole time. They walk around, go to do something, then stop, stand still for a few sim hours, then go to move, etc. When they pick up pets, they CANT put them down. I have to use the reset sim thing.

DeviceConfig:
Theorist
#6 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 2:11 AM
Well, you can just try moving your whole mod folder to your desktop. Then run the game and see if your sims are still idling.

It is definitely not your system since your ratings are all high. Btw, on an unrelated note, your graphics card is not recognized.

Maybe she accidentally turned autonomy off o.o
Theorist
#8 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 2:36 AM
lol, I think she mentioned in the OP she turned it off and on.

So she did. I'm not wearing my glasses.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 2:12 PM
Thanks guys! I'll have a play around when i get back from work, and that boring thing we all call 'life' :p

Just out of interest, does autonomy effect inactive sims? i;e, neighbours, NPCs, etc. I assumed it was JUST the household? Or is it everyone because of NRaas Story Progression?
Theorist
#11 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 3:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LylahMae
Just out of interest, does autonomy effect inactive sims? i;e, neighbours, NPCs, etc. I assumed it was JUST the household? Or is it everyone because of NRaas Story Progression?

As Nitro said it effects everyone, and also has nothing to do with NRaas Story Progression being installed. It would effect them regardless.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#12 Old 13th Mar 2015 at 9:02 AM
Turning off autonomy in the Options panel only affects the currently played household. Inactive households have their autonomy on by default. So, if inactives don't take care of their needs then it's at least not the autonomy settings' fault.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 12:36 AM
I'm having this problem too, except it's with my child and teen sims going to school. Whenever the other sims outside the school pee themselves (which they always do), it makes my child and teen sims react and SKIP SCHOOL. Yeah. They cancel their "Go to School" interactions whenever this happens. And it always happens. It's bad enough that my sims' actions don't catch up with the in-game time, and that for some reason there are a lot of school students in my town...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"WELCOME TO THE WOOOORLD OF TOMORROW!"