Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jul 2016 at 8:30 AM
Default Autonomous Scold/Praise Pets mod?
Maybe I'm just a terrible digital pet owner, but there's always puddles of pee and destroyed furniture around because I never catch the pets in the act, and therefore I can never make a sim scold the bad behaviour.
Is there a mod out there that makes scolding bad behaviour (peeing inside, destroying furniture, being hostile, etc.) autonomous for sims? Or praising good behaviour (eating pet foot, using the litterbox, staying off furniture, etc.)?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Jul 2016 at 10:32 AM
Probably wouldn't work because not everyone has the same idea of what good behaviour is. e.g. I like pets on the furniture and some people like aggressive pets that chase the neighbours.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 12:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Probably wouldn't work because not everyone has the same idea of what good behaviour is. e.g. I like pets on the furniture and some people like aggressive pets that chase the neighbours.

True, but I could go for one that's just scolding destruction/scratching & peeing indoors. That seems like a universal want.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 4:35 AM
Something that I find helps with furniture destruction (although I suppose it could be considered a little cheaty) is boolprop controlpets on. Then you can make the dog/cat use their chew toy/scratching post and have the sim waiting nearby to praise them. They tend to get the idea after a few goes at that. As for peeing, a litterbox makes you not need to worry with cats. Dogs unfortunately will still make you do it the hard way.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Something that I find helps with furniture destruction (although I suppose it could be considered a little cheaty) is boolprop controlpets on. Then you can make the dog/cat use their chew toy/scratching post and have the sim waiting nearby to praise them. They tend to get the idea after a few goes at that. As for peeing, a litterbox makes you not need to worry with cats. Dogs unfortunately will still make you do it the hard way.

I appreciate the tips, but that's not really what I'm looking for.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 4:09 AM
You won't find what you are looking for because there is no coding for a sim to notice what a pet is doing and have a reaction to it. There has to be something a modder can work with to be able to make a mod.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#7 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 9:45 PM
There is cheat object ingame or you can just download this: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=197813
You can set their behaviors as you like and forget about scolding-praising.