Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#126 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 7:17 PM
Default Kendra Blaire
I marched solomnly toward Ms. Summers room, my favorite pair of pink and black etnies scraping against the floor as I scanned the room numbers. It was my first day here, and I was a little nervous, I only hoped it wouldnt turn out to be complete hell.

Here it is. Not too sure what I was even doing, I reached out and opened the door, stepping in to find only a couple students. Figures, everyone else is all off hanging with friends. I dont have friends here. Yet, anyway.

I stuffed my hands into my jacket pockets, making my way to a desk and sitting down.

((hah. short:P))
Advertisement
Instructor
#127 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 7:20 PM
Default Maria--arriving
Maria awoke with a start to the sound of her alarm clock ringing in her ears. She groaned as she rolled over and hit the snooze button, burying her head under the covers again. Suddenly the door to her room burst open.

"Maria Louise Chase! What are you doing still in bed? It's oh-seven-hundred hours, missy. You should be up and dressed by now!" the General's cadence burst through Maria's sleep as he yanked the covers off the bed, leaving Maria shivering in the cool air.

Maria shot out of bed as her father retreated out of the room, closing the door behind him to allow her to dress. She threw on her favorite long-sleeved green shirt and a pair of jeans before dashing to the bathroom to brush her teeth, and running a brush through her hair. She grabbed her makeup bag off the counter--she'd have to do her makeup in the car. Running from the bathroom and down the stairs to the small foyer, she found her father waiting, her backpack in his hand as he contemplated which keys to grab off the small table by the door. Maria pulled her shoes on and groaned as her father decided on a key.

"Daddy, please, can't we take Mom's car?" Maria whined. The General had managed to purchase an Army-issued Hummer when he had retired, and he enjoyed taking Maria to school in the horrid thing. He claimed he was simply more comfortable in that vehicle after 30 years of driving around in one, but Maria was sure he enjoyed dropping her off in that thing to try to intimidate the other students. A warning that Maria Chase's father was a military man, and not one to be taken lightly.

The General didn't argue this morning though, simply shrugging instead and picking up the key to the family sedan. The drive to school was short, and soon Maria was climbing out of the car, her forest green backpack in hand. Her father waved as she slammed the car door, before speeding off and leaving Maria standing on the sidewalk, staring up at the brick building. She sighed and slung her backpack on her shoulders, walking into the building with her head down and her blond hair falling into her eyes.

Maria came into the classroom, noticing that despite her late awakening, she was still one of only a few that had arrived. She chose a seat in the middle of the classroom--not in the back where it would look like she was eager to leave, but not in the front where it would look like she was eager to stay either. This was how Maria lived her life at these schools. Somewhere in the middle, where she was most likely to not be seen.

------------------
(((I hope it's okay that I included her little morning routine. I'll have a RP up for Galen in an hour or so as well...)))
Scholar
#128 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 7:33 PM
Default Georgina Briggs
Georgina hopped out of her dark green car, pressing the button on her keys to lock it. She tossed the keys into her bag and shrugged it onto her shoulders. She was actually in a decent mood today, the paper had been going well and her father had just returned from a trip to London where he had been guest lecturing at a University. She brushed some fluff off of the striped sweater he had brought her back as a present and started walking to class.

When she got to class, she went and sat down at her usual seat in the front row, pulling out her glasses and putting them on. She then pulled out a slightly worn copy of Macbeth and started thumbing through it.

You can call me Robyn, tis my name after all
SixWordStories
#129 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 7:41 PM
Default Silvya Summers
Silvya sat quietly at her teachers desk, grading papers. She glanced at the clock, and found a few students walking into the room. She grinned at them, and returned to grading papers.

"Are you guys ready for the ball?" She asked glancing at the students.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#130 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 7:46 PM
Default Eeric Kinsley
((That's fine Alexis. I'm a big believer in the more detail, the more interesting. :] ))

Eeric squinted through one amethyst eye. Judging by the time blinking angrily at him on his alarm clock, it was time for him to get moving. Groaning as he pulled himself out of bed, he gazed at his pallid reflection in the mirror. The dark bags that circled his purply-blue eyes oddly had no look of sickliness; on the contrary, it almost looked as if he had intended them to be there.

Tugging on a pair of black pinstripe paints and a plain black shirt, he pulled his long ebony tresses back into a low pony-tail. With a nod of approval, he grabbed his leather messenger bag and slung it over his shoulder, heading out the door with a piece of toast tucked into his lips. "Bye mum," he mumbled through the bread as he bounded out the door. Lucky for him, his house was only a few minutes walk from the school.

Once he was on school property he took another bite of his toast, enjoying the cool breeze sweeping his loose locks of hair out of his eyes. Recognizing a few familiar faces on his way to English class, he would nod to acknowledge them. Finding the door labelled, "Ms. Summers: Junior English", he pushed it open and ambled inside, lowering his head to Ms. Summers with a grin through his toast. "Teach," he said in greeting, moseying to the back of the room. Once finding a seat that seemed comfortable to him, Eeric slumped into it and finished off his toast, reclining with his hands cradling his head.

He heard Ms. Summers say something.

"Ball?" he murmured curiously, shifting in his seat.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Ghandi
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#131 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 7:47 PM
Default Leigh Grayson
It was way too early to be up. At least in Leigh's opinion. And to be on her way to school was just... Urgh.
But she didn't really have anything else to do, nor anywhere else to go. Having stayed at a friend's house over night, she'd had to leave when her friend, Julie, did. Julie's mother had made damn sure they both got up, and had then driven them to school. And since there was no better place to hang out this early in the morning, Leigh had decided she might just as well stay. But she was far from thrilled about it.

First stopping for a quick smoke behind the school, the two girls then split up, each going in her own direction. Julie was a year older, and so they weren't in the same class. It was a pity really. If they had, class wouldn't be half as boring.

Shoving the door open, as if to announce to each and everyone there that this was not how she'd wanted to spend her morning, Leigh continued to a desk in the back and sat down, not making eye contact with anyone. It was almost like she was pretending they weren't even there. Crossing her arms she sank deeper into her seat, and blew a few strands of hair out of her face. She then began staring out the window, already showing signs of utter and complete boredom.

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
#132 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 7:51 PM
Default Silvya Summers
"Yes, hun, the halloween ball. Didn't they make an announcment about it a few weeks ago?" Silvya said. She thought everyone knew. "I'm setting up a comittee to help out, and everyone's welcome," She said grinning.
#133 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 7:53 PM
"Bye mom, love ya." Sophie yelled as she got out of her moms blue Buick and headed up the stairs of the school.

She stopped at the top and opened her big blue jean tote bag and pulled out a piece of gum. She popped it in her mouth and opened the doors and walked down the corridor towards Ms. Summers room. She arrived at the door and walked inside seeing some other students she smiled and figured she must be in the right place.

Heading towards the back of the room she pulled out her ipod and sat down in the desk closest to the window. Placing her bag on the floor she put her head down on her desk and drifted off to sleep.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#134 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 7:55 PM
"Yes, hun, the halloween ball. Didn't they make an announcment about it a few weeks ago? I'm setting up a comittee to help out, and everyones welcome,"

Eeric quirked a brow at the word 'hun'. It actually made a chuckle rumble from his lips. For some reason, anyone calling him hun just seemed a little out of the ordinary. But hey, he would take whatever terms of endearment people would give him.

"Mm, dunno. They probably did. I don't pay much attention to those things..." he trailed off, letting his eyes close. Before he could get much rest, however, a loud noise came from nearby. Apparently, Leigh, at least he thought that was her name, was having a bad morning. Staring at her for a moment until she began staring harshly out the window, he returned his gaze to Ms. Summers.

"I'm not much of a dance person." He shrugged his broad shoulder and smiled charmingly, as if this would be his excuse for not attending a school function.

#135 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 8:00 PM
"I'm not much of a dance person."

Silvya smiled knowingly at these words. She heard this excuse many times in her teaching.
"You don't have to dance, you just can show up, besides, there's a costume contest and the winner gets a trophy and two days worth out of any class you like. So if you win, you don't have to come to one period you don't like for two days."
Instructor
#136 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 8:08 PM
Default Galen--arriving
Galen woke up before his alarm clock sounded, stretching his arms high over his head while he swung his feet onto the cold wood floor of his room. Standing, he stepped over the many piles of dirty clothes that littered his floor and made his way to his dresser, pulling his clothes for the day out from the drawers. Walking to the door directly across from his room, he threw the clothes on the bathroom counter and started the shower. As he waited for the water to warm, he left the bathroom and poked his head into the living room. His father was still passed out on the tattered old couch, bottles and beer cans littering the floor and covering the coffee table. Galen sighed and grabbed a garbage bag from the kitchen as he started to gather up the trash left over from his father's nightly ritual of drinking. Once most of the cans and bottles were taken care of, Galen returned to the bathroom and slipped beneath the rush of warm water.

Dressed with backpack in hand, Galen nudged his father's shoulder in a goodbye, and headed out the door, making sure to lock the door behind him. Wouldn't want some thief to come steal the few possessions they owned while his father was incapacitated. Galen shivered against the cool breeze that blew across the small, untended front yard, and shoved his hands into the pockets of his pants. The walk to school was always the worst. Galen didn't live in a good part of town...heck, he didn't even know if there were any other kids at school that lived in the ghetto he called home. He had to walk through a pretty rough part of town to reach his destination, and it wasn't uncommon to see the junkies between buildings shooting something into their veins, or to have the guys on the corner try to sell you any number of substances. Galen simply walked, hands in pockets, and eyes diverted, hoping no one would approach him.

Once Galen finally reached the school, he let out a sigh of relief. At least here, food was guaranteed at lunch time and he didn't have a drunken father he had to worry about, or vomit to clean up. Here, he could be someone completely different. A star football player. Someone who had it all. That was the mask he was wore, and he wore it well. Straightening his posture, Galen put a smile on his face as he strode confidently through the halls. Slapping the hands of friends as he passed, winking at the girls that giggled as he passed...life at Brooklake High was good.

Galen reached first period English class, and entered with his normal show of confidence. "Hey Ms. S, you're lookin' good today," he grinned as he slid into a seat towards the back of the class.
#137 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 8:11 PM
-click click click- The blinker on Tia's worn down '92 Toyota signaled her turn to school. With one swift movement of foot on the accelerator and hands turning the wheel, she was in. Even after going to school at Brookdale for a month, she still wasn't used to rolling up to perfectly trimmed grass and large university-like brick walls. It seemed too good to be true.

"Ahh!" Tia screamed, slamming her foot on the break pedal. Two girls from her English class absently walked their pink-and-pearl bodies right in front of her car. "God. Someone please give these preppy effing skanks a mind and do the world a great load of good!" Tia fumed. As the girls she recognized to be Natalia and Izabelle flitted along, Tia pulled into what had become "her spot" to park.

--

Before stepping into the English room of Ms. Summers, Tia made sure her hair was free of fly aways and her breath was smelling fresh. After everything was perfectly accounted for, she opened the door to hear Ms. Summers voice talking about the upcoming school dance. The words "school dance" ruminated over her head like a floating cloud of doom. Tia hated dances. Not only could she not dance, but she had this sinking feeling that she would end up dateless, just like every other time the school hosted a dance. Muttering words of disdain towards no one in particular, Tia took her seat in the front row, eager to hear what they would be discussing in class today.
#138 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 8:16 PM
Jamison Saber jumped out of his car and looked at his cellphone, 4 new text messages and 2 missed calls! But that wasn't what he wanted to read! He just wanted to check the time, there were a few minutes to go. "I'm good..." he said quietly to his self and looked around.

It wasn't long until Halloween and he always happened to like that time of the year, with all the golden leafes and fresh but chilly air.

He took a look into his side mirror and then walked into the school building.

Some girls giggled and whispered behind his back but he just went straight to Ms. Summers class.

As he stepped into the door,he saw Ms. Summers talking to the other students and went to his table. "Morning..." he mumbled and pulled out his cellphone to read his new messages.
Test Subject
#139 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 8:17 PM
Ms. Summers sat at her desk in the classroom, Rachael looked up for a split second before focusing her eyes on the table she was picking at, shuffles of paper were heard in the classroom and the teacher finally spoke. "Are you guys ready for the ball?" Rachael lifted her head and shrugged, Eeric had already replied to what Ms. Summers said, "Ball?" he said curiously, this ball was also news to Rachael, due to her lack of attention in most classes; this was probably the first thing in a while at her time being at this school that she took interest upon.

"You don't have to dance, you just can show up, besides, there's a costume contest and the winner gets a trophy and two days worth out of any class you like. So if you win, you don't have to come to one period you don't like for two days."
Rachael's ears perked up, two days out of any class, for once in a long time she actually began to like what she heard coming from a teacher. Rachael smiled at the thought of getting out of class, she glanced at some of her classmates with the smile still spread across her lips.
Test Subject
#140 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 8:18 PM
Default Kendra Blaire
I sighed deeply, finding myself staring at the tissue box on Ms. Summers desk for some odd reason. I groaned, bored, and leaned over digging my hands into my bag, pulling out a stick of gum and popped it in my mouth.

I leaned back in my chair, my hands once again in my jacket pockets, my eyes closed as I once again thought of why the hell couldnt I just stay at my old school, where my life was. I hated my school there too, but now Im missing it.

Its just not fair.

Suddenly, a loud bang echoed through the room. I jumped, nearly falling out of my seat. What...the hell. I straightened up, looking to see a dark haired girl stride into the room and toward the back. What is she going and slamming doors open for anyway? I thought, slouching back down and propping my feet up on the chair in front of me, now listening to the exchange between some other student, who was clad all in black, and the teacher.

Halloween ball. Im not much of a dancing person either, but two days off seemed quite inviting. I smiled inwardly, reminding myself to think about considering it as more students filtered in.
#141 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 8:21 PM
[[ No! I must go out with my family today and I was almost done with Nemo's RP, so I'll just have to come back later. ]]
Test Subject
Original Poster
#142 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 8:22 PM
Default Lila Kavanagh
"How lovely," Lila whispered as she stepped outside into the cool air, brushing her chestnut hair over her shoulder. A pleased smile spread across her lips and she sucked in a breath of the chilly oxygen, feeling it inflate her lungs. The sting of it's crispness felt refreshing. There was nothing like the feel of fresh air.

She pulled her wool jacket closer to her body. Her petite frame didn't provide much heat to begin with, so she would have to insulate whatever she could. Lila rubbed her hands together and breathed into them, hoping that it would warm them out of the numbness they felt. As she strode along the path to school she eyed the archaic buildings with sullen eyes. She was tired, and she didn't want to be at school. It was too early.

Entering the school she waved to those she recognized, smiled meekly at those she didn't. She quickly found her way to Ms. Summers room and entered quietly, taking a seat near the window as she always did. The seats at the back behind her were already filled, so she had to settle for the middle of the room.

The sight of the vast array of colors captivated her gaze. The varying hues of red; crimson, scarlet, fire, blood. The yellows, golds, oranges. It seemed like the trees were on fire.

"How lovely," she repeated, this time in a whisper and only to herself.

((ahh, such a tree-hugger xD ))

Instructor
#143 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 8:25 PM
Default Maria (Normie)--first period
Maria was doodling on the cover of her notebook when Ms. Summers mentioned a Halloween Ball. She looked up, briefly stopping her doodling, before returning her gaze back to the notebook. A school dance. And everyone would dress up.

"It sounds like a lot of fun," Maria thought. "No one will invite me though, and I'm sure not showing up by myself so I can sit in a corner and watch while everyone else has fun with their friends and boyfriends..." Maria sighed heavily and put her head down on her desk.
Instructor
#144 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 8:28 PM
I really want to join this RP, but is photoshopping required? (I can't photoshop for anything)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#145 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 8:29 PM
((No..what would you need photoshopping for? You rarely even post pictures. it's all text-based. xD ))

#146 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 8:30 PM
Default Dana | Ms. Summers English Class
((So many posts, I had to keep adding things ))

Suddenly I heard the door slam hard, and watched as Leigh sat down in a seat in the back of the classroom. To be honest, I was slightly afraid of Leigh. I had never met her personally, but she just seemed so...scary. I felt like if I talked to her and said something she didn't like I would end up with my face mushed inside my locker. I turned my attention away from that thought, trying to think about something else.

"You don't have to dance, you just can show up, besides, there's a costume contest and the winner gets a trophy and two days worth out of any class you like. So if you win, you don't have to come to one period you don't like for two days," Ms. Summers said. I hadn't really paid attention to the conversation between Eeric and Ms. Summers, but hearing that last sentence suddenly caught my attention

I would love to get out of any class I wanted for two days. Suddenly I realized that this Halloween ball may not be so bad after all. I was debating whether or not I should go, but I was definitley sure I was going to go now. Even though I probably won't have anyone to go with, I'm aiming towards the prize, so I wouldn't even matter to me.

My thoughts shifted as I began to think about what costume I was going to wear. It needed to be good, and not something simple. I would need to stand out from all the rest. "Hey Ms. S, you're lookin' good today," Galen said, sitting in the back of the class. I rolled my eyes, my attention turning away from the ball. He so annoying, I thought. I have nothing against jocks, I mean, they were pretty stupid from what I've heard. But they're really good at sports, I mean, at least they're commited to something. I sighed and began to continue thinking of ideas on what to do.

"Morning," Jamison mumbled as he took out his cellphone. Preps, weren't the nicest people around, they were fashionable, but looked down to others often. I've had my fair share of them. I looked around wishing that I could take out my I-Pod and listen to music. I could never do it though, I was usually the one who was caught, unlike the other hundreds of people who did the same thing.

Lila had entered the classroom and I gave her a slight wave, wondering whether she noticed it or not. I then came back to the Halloween ball, and began writing down idea's.
Test Subject
#147 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 8:33 PM
Default Nathan Naylor - First PD - Normie
((When I'm not too busy entertaining and stuff I'll pop in! ))

Nathan's alarm had just gone off. It was so early the sun was just starting to peek above the tall tree covered mountains that lay way over in the fresh country side.

"Ugh. Why do I have to get up at this un-godly hour," he muttered to himself.

He plopped out of his bed and put on his normal everyday attire, after taking a nice hot shower, eating fluffy pancakes and brushing his teeth. He then did his mp of hair and was out the door.

He walked down the depressing grey and craked sidwalk that matched the morning sky, the sun was gone.

"Just another day," he muttered to himself. As he walked into the school he went to his orange locker and took out his few things for English.

He walked inside and went into Ms. Summers class. He found a seat near the middle, a little closer to the back and sat down. He set his bag on the old rsuty wood chair that was soon going to break, just like all of the others. Hopefully someone would say hi.
#148 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 8:41 PM
Default Tia Loughran - World Peace Achiever
"You don't have to dance, you just can show up, besides, there's a costume contest and the winner gets a trophy and two days worth out of any class you like. So if you win, you don't have to come to one period you don't like for two days," Tia rolled her eyes. Of course, skipping class would be used as an incentive to go. Still, the thought of a costume contest intrigued her. She could wear something old of her mom's..

The classroom was starting to fill up now and it seemed like she was the only one half interested in something other than the thought of skipping a class period. "It's not like they don't do it anyways.." she thought to herself.
#149 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 8:45 PM
Default Iris Scott - Oddball Poet and Overall Adorable Plaid Supporter
Iris Scott awoke to the sounds of birds chirping in a flowery garden--her alarm clock, of course. She hopped out of bed and walked quietly to her bathroom, where she showered and dressed in one of her wonderful plaid clothing ensembles. Today it was a navy and emerald green hued jumper dress with a pair of lime green converse, and a black quarter sleeve turtleneck. She blow-dried her hair and tied it half-back with a black ribbon. Observing her face in the mirror, she smiled. She absolutely loved her clear complextion, almost as much as sneakers and plaid!

She grabbed her green jansport corduroy backpack(with buttons on it) and a purple jacket (with buttons on the collar) and caught the bus just in time. On the bus ride there, Iris took out a small purple notebook, and decided to write a poem:

Flowery abyss
sunshine rays
happiness
and rainy days

Eh, it was a work in progress. But it did remind her of happy things, and warm weather. Iris was the first off of the bus (she always tried to sit in the front seat of the bus) and walked to her locker with a small, shy smile. She obtained her books and put them in her backpack as she walked into her english class.

And she bumped into an attractive boy. Awesome.

((if an attractive boys wants to be bumped into...hahah))
#150 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 8:48 PM
"See you later Mom" Bradin mumbled as he got out of his moms car and breathed in the cold air. He hated the weather in October!

Summer, beach, water and surfing all day was obviously more his thing and he wished to be on vacation again.

He didn't really liked his new school but some of the students he met were really nice. Well it wasn't that new since he was coming a few weeks after school started.

He stepped into the building and went to Ms. Summers class.
Before he stepped into the door he ran his hand through his dark brown hair and sighed. "Please let this day just fly by!" he mumbled as a girl suddenly bumped into him.

((attractive enough kimberly? ))
Locked thread | Locked by: AtropaMandragora Reason: RP continued in new thread
Page 6 of 96