Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#426 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 9:42 PM
That's good news Selly. You may want to remove any CC you aren't using for that household and community lot. Your computer may run better.

p.s. for future contests, I suggest you use a blank neighborhood, that way, it won't matter if the hood goes wonky.
Advertisement
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#427 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 11:55 PM
Or at least make a backup first so when it all does go to hell you can turn back time a few weeks and everything is ok again.
Scholar
#428 Old 20th Jul 2012 at 12:06 AM Last edited by Selly_2009 : 20th Jul 2012 at 12:27 AM.
Thanks for all the suggestions guys, but in fairness I can handle a hood going wonky; no doubt it was borked long before I got started on this contest but the constant playing of it has allowed the problems to start rearing their ugly heads! I do have some back-ups, but they're pretty old and I've done a LOT of playing since they were made.
The suggestion of using a separate "contest" hood is a good one porky, and for the others I've been in recently I was using hoods that didn't matter so much. I only used a well-established one for this as I had a sim-family perfectly placed for it and that I'd be reasonably happy with pushing out of sync. They'd be played again in due course anyway; they'll just get a long and well-earned break while I catch the rest of the families up!

The worrying thing was more the fact that playing was giving me serious graphical issues, and on more than one occasion led to full-blown crashes - I'm talking BSOD here. Having the screen go blank a number of times (in the worst case go odd first and then gradually start fading to black from one corner) was what terrified me most - I don't want to burn out the motherboard!

Anyway, graduation photos have been taken on the NEW laptop - I'll knuckle down at the weekend and get those spreads done (Thurs and Fri are my busiest days IRL) then it'll be a transfer via external hard-drive in order to upload. I should have little to no problem making the deadline. After that I'm taking a break from contests - I mean, GoS Good Genes challenge, followed by two MTS contests back-to-back all within six months = one contested-out Selly!

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Lab Assistant
#429 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 10:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Oh right! Here are the caps and gowns I made. Sorry I didn't have time to do all the nice things you are supposed to like removing unwanted ages, binning, or familify, or even checking if their eye brows are correct. I'll do a proper post of them after my creator anniversary. Luckily though, for picture taking, they are still perfect. I wanted to do a few more hair styles underneath the girl's hat, but I didn't get to it and it kept breaking, so the only hairstyle is the one that my teen girl has been sporting, that shortcute cut thing. I was trying to add the longstraight one, but no luck.

Edit: Whoops! Porky caught my mistake. I missed the tf outfit recolor, it should be fixed now!

Hi i downloaded these and they didnt turn up in my game Help me Please

************ Leah****************
See my Blog https://lolasimsposts.tumblr.com/
Test Subject
#430 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 11:02 PM
Hello Leah - They are in formal wear and the caps are all short hair styles in hair
Lab Assistant
#431 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 12:01 PM
thank you very much :D

Lab Assistant
#432 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 9:56 PM Last edited by leah10006 : 22nd Jul 2012 at 10:47 PM.
i uploaded both prom and graduation spreads
p.s is this the last round because i was thinking of wipeing my laptop

Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#433 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 1:13 AM
Yes, this is the last round.
Lab Assistant
#434 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 10:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by porkypine
Yes, this is the last round.

Thanks porkypine

retired moderator
Original Poster
#435 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 6:39 AM
How's the last round going for everyone? Friday is your last day to get them in! I'm still missing pages from most of you.

Last night I finally finished my Europe Trip scrapbook, its 110 pages long, and here are a few of them for your enjoyment.
Screenshots
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#436 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 10:01 PM
Those are nice pages Phae. :0) I am curious. What is the Minute Maid paste in on the Paris page for? :0)

I think people forget the deadlines. :0( All the last ones will get minus points and that may have discouraged them. Selly had computer problems which is a shame because Selly, Croutonian and Jones made way better scrapbook pages than I did.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#437 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 10:35 PM
When I was in Paris for a week, I was sick as a dog (I think it was the water). My last day there I wanted to climb to the top of the Eiffel tower before I caught a train back to Frankfurt, and that Minute Maid was the only thing I'd had to eat or drink in the last 4 days. I bought it on the middle level after climbing up all those stairs.

The deadline isn't until end of day tomorrow, so late points aren't subtracted until Saturday. I'm really hoping everyone can finish out the contest.
Test Subject
#438 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 5:12 AM
I hope they enter their grad pages too. It would be a shame for them to not make it.

I'm sorry you got so sick in Paris. That makes what should be a wonderful, adventure a bit of misery. I'm surprised you were able to climb so many stairs after being so sick!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#439 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 6:18 AM
I'm just happy that I instantly got better the second I crossed the border back into Germany. My birthday was in a few days and I had a concert to go to (it was awesome). I was traveling by myself for 6 weeks (Denmark, Germany, Netherlands, France, and Belgium) and a few down days in Paris was my only real issue. I wasn't about to let a little stomach bug keep me from climbing the Eiffel Tower or seeing Notre Dame or the Pyramid at the Louvre. I probably could have seen more things if I hadn't been sick, but those were really the only things I was interested in seeing, so it worked out fine enough. I took the Tower one set of stairs at a time, I was a little light-headed, but I went slow and I made it. It was a trip of a lifetime for me. No regrets at all, which was what I was telling myself when I was climbing all those steps. I knew I'd hate myself if I wimped out.
Scholar
#440 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 9:49 PM
As someone else who has been to the top of the Eiffel Tower (I went up it back in 2000), I'm glad you made it up there! Did you get a reasonably clear day so as to enjoy the view? Shame the French portion of your European jaunt was blighted by being ill, but at least you got to see the minimum you wanted. Your pages look great by the way!

Back on topic, my final spreads are up - I discovered AFTER taking the Graduation photos that the graphics card wasn't engaged (I'd taken them on integrated graphics, which are worse than on my old laptop), but by then I'd had enough of trying to pose the sims and was trying to summon the enthusiasm to make the darned pages...
Couple that with the idiosyncratic British weather (weeks of almost constant rain and very low temps for summer, followed immediately by a week of ridiculous heat; today was cooler but the humidity was almost unbearable) and it's a miracle the computers and my knees stood up to the task...

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#441 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 10:50 PM
Yes Selly, thankfully I had a nice day. I had pretty good weather over all. The few days it did rain I stayed inside and worked on my Lego project (the whole point of me being in Europe in the first place).

I'm so happy you were able to get your pages in, and the graduation ones are ridiculously cute. I honestly can't even tell that they were taken with integrated graphics. I love the black cutouts on the bottom.

I hope the other contestants are able to finish out the contest as well, it kind of feels like we have lost energy on it and now it's just dragging on and someone needs to take it out back and shoot it (that'd be my responsibility ). Today is the last day, so let's finish strong! We have a final round of judging and then a winner to award a cute blue ribbon icon to!
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#442 Old 29th Jul 2012 at 2:02 AM
Yea! Selly got her entry in! Where's Croutonian? Watching the Olympics? and Jonesy?

Come on guys! Let's get some competion going!

Phae - Do you have any pics of your Lego entry?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#443 Old 29th Jul 2012 at 2:29 AM
Oh right, my contest is over, whoops. Lol.

Croutonian and jones, please try to get your spreads in soon! You will start losing points tomorrow. Or, let me know if you are out so it won't hold up judging. I'd much prefer you be late a few days than not finish.

Sadly, no, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to show images yet, but I sent off an email about that because I really want to include it in my portfolio as I start my job hunting.
Field Researcher
#444 Old 29th Jul 2012 at 4:15 PM
I'm attempting to, but spent a week with my Mac telling me I had the wrong disc in (I most definitely had the right one!) then a week of me and Mac suffering from UK heatwave again - cooler today tho, so fingers crossed...

Field Researcher
#445 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 3:08 PM
I’m late, but I managed to post an entry for this round. I didn’t have much time, so, unfortunately, it’s definably my worse one.

I’ve been looking over everyone’s entries again, and there are so many really great photos and little details. I really love everyone’s work.
Field Researcher
#446 Old 3rd Aug 2012 at 11:28 PM
Update: I just need my disc drive to behave and let me load the game to get a couple pics done - pages are all sorted otherwise...

retired moderator
Original Poster
#447 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 6:26 PM
K guys, its been like a week and a half past the deadline. We are holding up judging, are you two going to have your pages in or not?
Test Subject
#448 Old 8th Aug 2012 at 5:46 AM
I think it's time to shoot the horse. Poor thing isn't going anywhere.
Test Subject
#449 Old 12th Aug 2012 at 8:34 PM
Hello Phae. I realize you are waiting for Crotonion and Jones but the 4th round has exceeded the July 27 finish date by 15 days. I suggest that if you aren't going to judge round 4 perhaps you should declare Selly the winner since she had the most real points of those participating in the last round.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#450 Old 13th Aug 2012 at 12:01 AM
Actually, we aren't waiting on them anymore. Now we are waiting on the judges.

Page 18 of 19