Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#26 Old 22nd Aug 2005 at 9:24 AM
Freestanding Rack works but, when a sim goes to buy the game(it appears on the buy list), nothing appears in there hand, they walk to the counter to pay(still empty handed), then the action just goes away and nothing else happens(they gitter for a split second then stand there for a bit and go of and do sumthing else). went back over it dozens of times and dont understand where I went wrong.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 5:26 PM
when i went to retexture the game i saw that there was no texture image. does any body know how to texture the game box?
Test Subject
#28 Old 5th Feb 2006 at 6:03 AM
This was posted long ago I know, but I just now found it..... (hey I'm pretty new to MTS2) lol THANK YOU! I was wanting to do JUST this for a while now.
Scholar
#29 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 9:01 PM
This is definately the hardest turtorial I've come across yet, probably because I have never needed to clone a object, a pity as got all my 128x128 avi video-screens all ready, then started this turtorial, I get completely lost on Part 1 Step 2, about giving inquire, GUIDs, I suppose this turtorial is surprising to advanced for my knowledge, I think I go back to basic MESH modifying with MTS2 Mesh tool.
Test Subject
#30 Old 6th Aug 2006 at 1:40 AM
im confused. i cant even get past the first step. can somebody tell me where i can get version 0.33? :google:
Test Subject
#31 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 2:24 AM
Hey, for people who can make their own videogames, can you please make it without an exe installer so mac users can use them too? You'd be unhappy if mac users made them so windows users couldn't.

An Apple a day keeps the spyware away!
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 20th Sep 2006 at 5:03 PM
I don't know if you can, but if you make a SECOND videoame, can you make it so that there is only one custom rack object but sells both Custom Games?
Test Subject
#33 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 6:34 PM
help i got as far as changing the guid and then i dont have a clue what you want me to do afterwards

please help me
Test Subject
#34 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 10:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bowbow2604
when i went to retexture the game i saw that there was no texture image. does any body know how to texture the game box?

I found this today and was going to give it a try, but hit the same problem... I can't actually find the texture in the video game package I cloned (or the other ones. I assume I have perhaps missed something simple... anyone able to help?

Cheers,
Banjo
Field Researcher
#35 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 7:07 AM
Same texture situation here. There is none to be found.

this tutorial is good, despite not being very descriptive (texturing-wise).

I do not do requests; please don't ask!
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 8:45 PM
I am having a hard time making the game buyable. I can't find the stuff under the game rack to make the game buyable. I even had a config ready. I don't know what's wrong. Step 4 i. is not there. there is no Array operation. Please help.

Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, it is measured by the moments that take our breath away.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 10:08 PM
I don't know if anyone still has this question, but the texture image DOES appear if you clone one of the SSX 3 games. I think there are 2 and it's in one.

Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, it is measured by the moments that take our breath away.
Test Subject
#38 Old 13th Mar 2007 at 4:23 AM
Default Hmm....
Assuming that I can figure out how to do this, I have three important questions:

1 - how would I make sure my .avi files are 128x128 and how could I resize them if they're not?

2 - would this technique work on the standup arcade games? Or Pinballs?

3 - if #2 is a yes, would the new games be interactive and playable by my Sims?

As an Arcade Technician, I have lots of access to original games and could probably mod any classic game ever made. Would be nice to include original sounds and movies.
Test Subject
#40 Old 15th Mar 2007 at 6:31 AM
I can't find any new games for the consoles except for Halo 2. Did nobody take interest in this or what?
Part-time Hermit
#41 Old 15th Mar 2007 at 6:35 AM
fonikz, you're welcome to try to make a game yourself if you want to see something in particular .
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 15th Mar 2007 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisyjean0117
Assuming that I can figure out how to do this, I have three important questions:

1 - how would I make sure my .avi files are 128x128 and how could I resize them if they're not?

2 - would this technique work on the standup arcade games? Or Pinballs?

3 - if #2 is a yes, would the new games be interactive and playable by my Sims?

As an Arcade Technician, I have lots of access to original games and could probably mod any classic game ever made. Would be nice to include original sounds and movies.

here's and online converter that i use. It allows you to convert almost any video file to any other format, and resize as well as set the FPS under the AVI option. All you need to do is go to the link, choose the filetype thatyou are converting, then go lower and select AudioVideoInterleaved(avi) or something like that and then re-size and set FPS to 15. Works for me and ll pf my videos work in sims. Here's a link:
http://media-convert.com/

Test Subject
#43 Old 16th Mar 2007 at 7:37 AM
I don't have any particular requests, I was just wondering why there weren't any custom games besides this one. That's a good idea, though. I've got FRAPS so I might just make my own stuff.
Field Researcher
#44 Old 22nd Apr 2007 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fonikz
I can't find any new games for the consoles except for Halo 2. Did nobody take interest in this or what?

There's an arcade game for GTA: San Andreas, and console versions Hulk: Ultimate Destruction and Smackdown! vs RAW 2006.

I thought Exnem? made buyable versions of a few games like Quake and Doom. I remember having a Star Wars game from here too but I can't remember who made it.

Paladin has made many arcade games.

I think the reason more people haven't followed this because Open For Business broke alot of custom games and pretty much made this tutorial useless. I don't know if it's been updated to correct the OFB problems or not since I haven't really tried it since OFB came out.

The problem with OFB is simply that you cannot sell custom games in your businesses but they work fine on non-owned community lots. They'll have a max sale price of $1 and will disappear similar to what true_predator described. If you have OFB and are trying to follow this tutorial and are running into a brick wall (if it hasn't been updated for OFB) feel free to clone either my Hulk or SVR games to use as a base. Everything should be done for you except for changing and replacing the guids, texturing the game and game rack, and the videos and ini files of course. Your games just won't be sellable on owned community lots unless someone is aware of a way to correct this problem.

hexxer, the reason for installers is simply because without them the end user would have to manually place several different files in many different folders in order for the game to work, plus they need to modify ini files, etc. Most people will either give up or eventually make a mistake when dealing with so much work to install one game.

skiingiggy the missing stuff for making the game buyable is one of the problems with OFB. I assume you have that, which is why those options aren't there. As far as pulling the game texture uncheck "remove useless files" when cloning and SimPE should pull the texture for you.

daisyjean0117 for "would this technique work on the standup arcade games? Or Pinballs?" no, this tutorial won't work for the arcade games but this one will and yes they would be playable by your Sims. As far pinball, I've never even thought about looking into doing anything to them so I can't say at the moment. It's an interesting question. I think I'll go have a look.
Test Subject
#45 Old 20th May 2007 at 7:46 AM Last edited by cixwow : 20th May 2007 at 2:38 PM. Reason: Forgot to put the version of SimPE. And other.
Default Hopefully a minor problem:
Oh, I hope this thread is still alive, it's quite old.

I seem to be a bit stuck with part 2 step 4.
When I go into "CT – Set Selection", some of the things I need to change are not there, and at that, there are no where near as many as there are in the screenshot you have given.

I assume I have done something wrong during the cloning process like I did when I tried to find the texture file, only to find that I had "remove useless files" ticked (although i would think a texture is quite important, but oh well)

So I was just wondering how to rectify this problem, I am new to SimPE, so please don't drown me with complex terms.

(Oh, and I don't mind if I have to restart, now that I know how to do the first few parts, it's pretty easy to get back to where I was... I had to restart once already... )

EDIT: And I don't know if this is important, although it probably is. I am using SimPE v0.62.

EDIT AGAIN: Also, I was thinking of perhaps downgrading to 0.33, if it is available. But I wanted to make sure if it was a problem with me cloning the item, or something version specific.

My username is pronounced "Six-Woah", not "Kicks-Wow".

Projects completed: 3
Projects working on: 1

Current project: Buyable version of "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion" videogame.
Progress: Around 25% (A little stuck at the moment, still awaiting assistance, PM me if you think you can help.)
Test Subject
#46 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 6:27 AM Last edited by Steve1730 : 8th Aug 2007 at 9:24 PM. Reason: got through some hard parts
I'm also using V0.62 but i'm stuck on the second step for the beginning of cloning the video game base.I'm confused over all the strings and the GUIDs and the objects data editor. Help would be thankful.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#47 Old 29th Oct 2007 at 11:22 PM
Yes, you do need to do that bit, that's why it's included in the instructions. In what way is it not working for you?
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#48 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 12:12 AM
Okay, you're going to need to be a teensy bit more detailed before we can help you. Which step are you on at the point where you're having trouble? Which folder can't you find? That sort of information would be really helpful. It's also a good idea to attach your partially complete file so we can see exactly what you're seeing.
Test Subject
#49 Old 10th Nov 2007 at 5:55 PM
Default Problem with this.
I am following this video game tutorial (took me awhile to figure out what was going on but it made sense eventually), but I am a bit confused as to the movie part. I don't have a [installdir]/TSData\Res\Movies\Games folder. I have a [installdir]/Movies/Games folder. Is that weird?

I have OFB and Pets installed- would that affect anything?

Power. Wisdom. Courage.
The Legend of Zelda.

May the Triforce be with you.
Test Subject
#50 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 6:59 PM
why can't you add your game to the current display rack?
Page 2 of 4