Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 4:11 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Installing Sims 2 on Windows 10
Got a new computer so I just installed Sims 2 and all of the expansion packs (except Pets) and some stuff packs, then put in my Downloads folder from a previous installation and then started the game using my Mansion and Gardens disc and it came up OK with all of my Hoods but a message that I had uninstalled University, then Night Life then Open for Business etc (all told 7 expansion packs uninstalled). What is my problem ???? Went to Regedit and checked Local Machine, WOW6432 and find everything under EA and also under Electronic Arts OK.

One thing that did work OK was I have a SSD C drive and it didn't have enough room for the game. Found out I could install ALL on D drive by moving the entire folder C:\Users\My Name\Documents\EA Games\ to D drive. Then when I installed the main packs to D drive, it said installing x MBs on D drive so got it all on D Drive.

Any help appreciated.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SilverFox30
Got a new computer so I just installed Sims 2 and all of the expansion packs (except Pets) and some stuff packs, then put in my Downloads folder from a previous installation and then started the game using my Mansion and Gardens disc and it came up OK with all of my Hoods but a message that I had uninstalled University, then Night Life then Open for Business etc (all told 7 expansion packs uninstalled). What is my problem ???? Went to Regedit and checked Local Machine, WOW6432 and find everything under EA and also under Electronic Arts OK.

One thing that did work OK was I have a SSD C drive and it didn't have enough room for the game. Found out I could install ALL on D drive by moving the entire folder C:\Users\My Name\Documents\EA Games\ to D drive. Then when I installed the main packs to D drive, it said installing x MBs on D drive so got it all on D Drive.

Any help appreciated.

Wanted to add that everything shows up OK in Programs and Features in the Control Panel, also shows correctly in SimPE and got 3 check marks in SimPE.