Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 8:21 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Game says all my expansions are uninstalled
Hi!

Recently when I tried to start my TS2, I got a message that University had been uninstalled, and if I continued all my uni sims would be dumped into the main neighborhood. After that was a similar message about NL, then OFB, etc etc through all of them. I, needless to say, had not uninstalled anything. If I go into a neighborhood - a newly created one, all the ones I usually play were copied to somewhere else the very first time I saw that message - all the icons for various EPs are grayed out. The sims still have some functions; for NL, for example,they still have chemistry and TOs,but cannot go on dates - so it's not that I only have the basegame.

To the best of my knowledge, nothing significant changed between the last time I successfully played the game, and the spontaneous uninstallation.

I would simply reinstall them, except since my latest move I'm not sure I can find all my old disks. (I've found some.) Any chance of "rescuing" the installations that should already be on my computer?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 12:52 PM
let's see; you got some update or you cleaned registry (CC cleaner or such?). If the files are still in place but the game claims they are not installed, you probably lost proper registry keys. Bad news: it's not impossible to recreate them but it's really annoying process. Simple reinstallation will be less frustrating I suppouse.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Alchemist
#3 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 1:40 PM
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 4:57 PM
No new virus protection, no cleaned registry. I don't think there was any update, but I can't swear to it since some time passed between the last successful and the unsuccessful play session.

And like I said,I can't find all my old disks, so reinstalling would still leave me short several expansion packs...