Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#151 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 11:20 AM
Do people still do the legacy challenge?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#152 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 1:22 PM
I still have one going right now, i don't know about everyone else. But it think it's a pretty timeless challenge, it really doesn't matter that they haven't updated the site since 2008, it's not like they have to add more expansions really.

flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/madelinep/

[{call me maddie}]
Instructor
#153 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 9:02 PM
My legacy's been going on for about a year now. It's always nice to go back to when I get bored of doing random challenges and creating families I loose attachment to. I can pick back up in my legacy and be lost in it for months on end and play no where else. I don't even play for points, I just like the whole aspect of the challenge and the attempt at trying to create a long-standing legacy beginning with just one single sim.

"Somtimes the stars align." ~Dean Lowry, ABC's Pan Am. ♥ ⚓ ♥
Test Subject
#154 Old 17th Dec 2010 at 4:57 AM
I'm going to keep my founder alive with the elixir so he can see the birth of the 10th generation. The other heirs won't be so lucky, though...
Field Researcher
#155 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 12:43 AM
Ive had a few legacies over h years,

the Yu legacy- Founder- Tom gen 1- Ally* Gen 2- Bella Bree Brooke B?
Th Cent Legacy- Founder- Penny gen 1- Andrew Anthony Alex* gen 2- Becky
the circus legacy- Founder- Manny gen 1- Adler, Asa, Addison ( www.circussims.livejournal.com )

www.thelongaliens.livejournal.com *updated 7-13-11* please leave a comment if you read it!
Lab Assistant
#156 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 7:37 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 6th Feb 2014 at 10:00 PM.
Default Single Parent Legacy Challenge
Hi everybody! This is my first time posting a challenge so I'm very sorry if it is very bad.
Okay... So this challenge is played kind of like the legacy challenge (www.legacychallenge.com) with a twist or two. You may want to read through the legacy challenge first, seeing as most of the rules are the same

The Rules
The biggest difference in this challenge is that when your heiress (or the woman who marries the heir) becomes pregnant, you must kill off or divorce the husband. Other than that, this challenge is played exactly like the legacy challenge. Your goal is to get through ten generations like this.

NOTE: you could always do this opposite and make the father figure be the sole caretaker after the baby is born.

Scoring
•+1 for each generation in which the husband is divorced or killed off.
•+1 for each generation born
•+2 for each generation that has more than one child (twins do counts two children)
•+1 for each lifetime want fulfilled
•+1 for every heir or heiress that maxes all skills
•+1 for each platinum grave that remains on the legacy lot.
•+10 if you manage to complete this challenge and remain sane. (I am really bad at legacies so if you can finish one I am very impressed.)

Good Luck! I'm really sorry if this is really terrible, but this is my first try so please give me some feedback. Look it's a llama!

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and holds the world together.
Field Researcher
#157 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 5:46 PM
Cool its like the black widow challenge and legacy combined

-Though this be madness, yet there is method in it-
Lab Assistant
#158 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 4:41 PM
Thanks! I'm glad that you like it.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and holds the world together.
Lab Assistant
#159 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 7:40 PM
i've noticed a bit of a problem with the challenge, the website has gone down! and i cant find the rules anywhere on the internet. what can i do? i've never completed a legacy challenge and now i'm sick of sims 3 so i want to try and complete a legacy challenge in sims 2 (besides, cant find the rules for sims 3 legacy either)
Field Researcher
#160 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 4:07 AM
http://replay.web.archive.org/20100....com/index.html

On my site I have dozens more Sims 2 mods. These mods come with no support so use them at your own risk.
Lab Assistant
#161 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 10:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cyjon
http://replay.web.archive.org/20100....com/index.html

i've had that thing going for an hour or two now, and still it wont come up.

didnt anyone save the rules to their computer? i have pdfs for the apocalypse challenge (which i've never been able to do) but for some odd reason i dont seem to have rules for the legacy challenge.
Field Researcher
#162 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 5:36 PM Last edited by Cyjon : 25th Apr 2011 at 6:31 PM.
Did you click on the "Impatient" link? That brings it right up.

Or go to http://web.archive.org/index.jsp, type "http://legacychallenge.com" in the box, and click Latest.

On my site I have dozens more Sims 2 mods. These mods come with no support so use them at your own risk.
Lab Assistant
#163 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 12:54 AM
that works, thanks.

sadly though, the rules on that site only go up to freetime. no matter, not like apartment life affects the challenge at all right?

i'll copy-pasting the entire text to my computer.
Test Subject
#164 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 8:15 PM
The site seems to be down so i cant get the instructions!
Lab Assistant
#165 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 2:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kingv97
The site seems to be down so i cant get the instructions!

cyjon already fixed that issue for me, look at the last post he made.
Space Pony
#166 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 2:46 AM
Cyjon:
Thank you so much!!(:
Is this the exact copy of the site? It looks very familiar.
Test Subject
#167 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 3:44 AM
new at this quick question can you use your aspiration rewards during this challange
Top Secret Researcher
#169 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 8:27 PM
Oh, I would never follow these rules so strictly... there's too many rules. I am playing a "legacy", but I guess I can not call it a real legacy because I don't really count points.

But I play it completely without cheats, (except getting dogs pregnant because it never works the normal way) and if something bad happens, I never quit without saving. So it's extra exciting, because one time I nearly lost the whole legacy due to a big fire. Both children in generation 3 and the mother were about to die! Now I'm on generation 7 and if I would lose it now... I would probably not save. Now I'm determined to reach gen 10! xP

I actually have mods that make the game harder, like, faster disease progression. Before I installed that, no one ever died of disease. Now it happens once in a while ...

I think there is something wrong with how genetics work in my game, because I just recently got my first blond child after trying for 7 generations. The legacy started with a black haired and pale woman, and every generation, the heiress have been a pale, black-haired woman and the partner has always been a blond man. But for generation 6, I changed it to a man, and he married a blond woman with medium skin, and now for the first time, a blond child with medium skin was born. Seems like the mother has the dominant genes for some reason. And the siblings are always identical, the sons are always the male versions of the daughters, I can tell. So I think something is not right here.
Field Researcher
#170 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
I think there is something wrong with how genetics work in my game, because I just recently got my first blond child after trying for 7 generations. The legacy started with a black haired and pale woman, and every generation, the heiress have been a pale, black-haired woman and the partner has always been a blond man. But for generation 6, I changed it to a man, and he married a blond woman with medium skin, and now for the first time, a blond child with medium skin was born. Seems like the mother has the dominant genes for some reason. And the siblings are always identical, the sons are always the male versions of the daughters, I can tell. So I think something is not right here.

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...stborn_Syndrome
Don't worry about the identical sims; just roll the pacifier.

A punnett square will help solve your issue of genetics.
Let's call an allele for black hair B, and an allele for blond hair b.
The man had the genes for Dominant black hair thanks to his mother (Bb), but he also had the genes for recessive blond hair, thanks to his father (bb). He ended up with black hair, so but he still had to have an allele for blond hair because that's all his father can contribute. This man is heterozygous black haired (Bb).
The wife is homozygously blond (bb).
Put a heterozygous black haired man (Bb) with a homozygous blond woman (bb) on a punnett square, and the probabilities shown are that half of the children will be black haired, and half of the children will be blond haired.

I'm a young adult in poor health, trying to heal enough to complete my goals.
This is the song that never ends ~ It goes on and on my friends ~
my first ToT Challenge (which is actually indefinitely hiatus, I'm in a different TOT hood now)
Top Secret Researcher
#171 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 12:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nottakenaway
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...stborn_Syndrome
Don't worry about the identical sims; just roll the pacifier.

A punnett square will help solve your issue of genetics.
Let's call an allele for black hair B, and an allele for blond hair b.
The man had the genes for Dominant black hair thanks to his mother (Bb), but he also had the genes for recessive blond hair, thanks to his father (bb). He ended up with black hair, so but he still had to have an allele for blond hair because that's all his father can contribute. This man is heterozygous black haired (Bb).
The wife is homozygously blond (bb).
Put a heterozygous black haired man (Bb) with a homozygous blond woman (bb) on a punnett square, and the probabilities shown are that half of the children will be black haired, and half of the children will be blond haired.

Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOO much for telling me about the Firstborn syndrome and the solution to it!! I had no idea! You're the best! That explains everything.

Yes, I know how genetics work, that's why I was surprised it didn't seem to work properly in the game. It seemed to me as the mother had the dominant genes no matter what, because the child always ended up having the skintone and hair of the mother.
Forum Resident
#172 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 6:22 PM
I have played this MANY times, but yet never have I finished all of it or played by the rules. This time I am going to follow all of the rules (except for the rules that don't allow mods) and finish it (go past gen. 10). Wish me luck!
Page 7 of 7