Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 5:00 PM
Default Astrological signs WTF
What the hell, game?!

Does the game have any coherent system for assigning astrological signs, or is it just completely random? My Sim had twins (a boy and a girl), with one being a Capricorn and the other a Libra. Wut. Last time I checked, twins always have the same zodiac sign... cause they're, y'know, usually born on the same day (well sometimes weird things can happen, causing them to actually not be born in the same day, which is very rare but possible.. but unless one twin is very premature they're almost always still close enough together to have the same astrological sign).

Also, I am quite sure it is impossible for a Capricorn to be born in the spring, no matter which hemisphere you live in.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 5:10 PM
It is indeed unfortunately random, but I believe this mod is exactly what you're looking for to fix that pesky problem.

It says it's not updated past 1.57. But I can verify that it works with everything up to and including 1.67
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 7:08 PM
I always thought signs were chosen due to traits selected. Despite being totally into astrology/numerology and things of that nature, I usually skip over/dont pay attention to a sims signs unless i'm using 'ask sign' to boost the relationships w/o using the same interactions repeatedly
Theorist
#4 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by steph1417897
I always thought signs were chosen due to traits selected. Despite being totally into astrology/numerology and things of that nature, I usually skip over/dont pay attention to a sims signs unless i'm using 'ask sign' to boost the relationships w/o using the same interactions repeatedly

It was that way in the Sims 2. They did away with all that complicated making sense nonsense when they moved on to TS3
Mad Poster
#5 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 9:48 PM
This might be of some interest to you guys.
Theorist
#6 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL

>: I already linked this as first response to OP. we even linked it as the same word
Scholar
#7 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 9:59 PM
Our nation, under my enlightened rule, has decreed equality for everyone, so everyone must have the same zodiac sign or explain to the comrades in the black van why not

You can go by the Chinese zodiac instead, after some comrades came back from World Adventures in China with such ideas, but if you're something like Fire Rabbit, people might throw pokeballs at you
One Minute Ninja'd
#8 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 12:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL

The thing with that mod, though, is while the assigned zodiac sign might be "astrologically" correct, there is still no discernible effect of the sign on the sim's personality or behavior. In 2, the signs actually affected their personalities. And i think that's the basic problem of the zodiac in 3. It doesn't really mean anything what sign your sim has.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
>: I already linked this as first response to OP. we even linked it as the same word

oooohhhhh pissarse so you did. I'm blind today, time to clean my glasses.

Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
The thing with that mod, though, is while the assigned zodiac sign might be "astrologically" correct, there is still no discernible effect of the sign on the sim's personality or behavior. In 2, the signs actually affected their personalities. And i think that's the basic problem of the zodiac in 3. It doesn't really mean anything what sign your sim has.

Oh yeah I figured it's next to useless but I'm a picky picky shit and would get annoyed without it.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 2:05 AM
I just change the signs with MC to the sign I think the sim should have or the approximate sign of when the sim was born.
Theorist
#11 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 2:08 AM

I always did it the opposite way. I picked the sim's personality traits with the points and it would decide their astrological sign o.o;;
Whether the mod comes into it or not, the sims 3 zodiac signs have to effect on their personalities. So you really can't fault the mod for that.
One Minute Ninja'd
#12 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 3:11 AM
I always did it the opposite way. I picked the sim's personality traits with the points and it would decide their astrological sign o.o;;
Whether the mod comes into it or not, the sims 3 zodiac signs have to effect on their personalities. So you really can't fault the mod for that.

I wasn't finding fault with the mod. It does exactly what it claims to do. My issue is that in 3, the zodiac sign has absolutely no effect on any personality trait, period. Which makes it, IMO, a pretty useless feature. Unlike in 2, where the zodiac did interact with personality traits.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 3:23 AM
Well, it does get added into the 'attractive sim' calculation, doesn't it?
#14 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 3:59 AM
Even in real life astrology is a bit hit and miss, I'm a Libra (with an unhealthy dash of Scorpio) and I am supposed to be indecisive - but I can't make my mind up about that .... I also feel that EA was saying something about Astrology as whole when they created it to not matter one jot what signs and traits were mashed up together - bless their feeble, unimaginative, unbelieving, simple souls ...
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 6:52 AM
I don't believe in astrology, because I'm a Taurus and none of us do.

But I am glad that my Sims have a ritualistic question (Ask Sign) that can take the place of "Can I buy you a drink?". My Sims flirt more than they could possibly drink.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Le Carrera
What the hell, game?!

Because EA.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Alchemist
#17 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 5:42 PM
It doesn't really mean anything what sign your sim has.

It provides a minor relationship boost when two sims discover their signs are compatible, but yeah, they're useless aside from that. I feel the fortune teller career from SN could've been linked to zodiac signs somehow (like some sims being more prone to believe in zodiac and the supernatural or something).
One Minute Ninja'd
#18 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 6:29 PM
Yeah, but the relationship boost is no greater than discovering you're both unlucky losers. Actually, not as great, because traits in common are worth more.

I don't know, but I felt like they threw the zodiac in there to appease folks because it was a thing in 2. But the reason it was a thing in 2 was because it did something for the sim's personality, not that your "signs were compatible". In retrospect, it was just another step by EA down the road of watering down game play and finding it accepted. Not that I'm bitter about TS4 or anything...........

Because NOW, I have Cities Skylines!!!
Field Researcher
#19 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 9:52 AM
Yeah, but the relationship boost is no greater than discovering you're both unlucky losers. Actually, not as great, because traits in common are worth more.

I don't know, but I felt like they threw the zodiac in there to appease folks because it was a thing in 2. But the reason it was a thing in 2 was because it did something for the sim's personality, not that your "signs were compatible". In retrospect, it was just another step by EA down the road of watering down game play and finding it accepted. Not that I'm bitter about TS4 or anything...........

Because NOW, I have Cities Skylines!!!

Just like they did with the memory thing. The laziness is real with that one. That thing is so game bloating that I prefer it off.

Vivi e lascia vivere.
My blog Simplex Sims for more elder and teen CC.
Theorist
#20 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sim mania
Just like they did with the memory thing. The laziness is real with that one. That thing is so game bloating that I prefer it off.

What, don't you remember every single time in your life you ever went to or walked through the park?! And hold it in as high regard as when you got married and your first child was born?!
Scholar
#21 Old 13th Mar 2015 at 12:24 AM
Screw walks through the park, I'll never forget unclogging the toilet for the... err... tenth time?
One Minute Ninja'd
#22 Old 13th Mar 2015 at 12:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Moraelin
Screw walks through the park, I'll never forget unclogging the toilet for the... err... tenth time?

Hey, my fondest saved memories were always USING the can for the tenth time. "Ten times without peeing myself! Yay me! I'm a big boy now!"

Even though I killed that whole memory lane off the day the mod for doing so came out, it was kinda funny seeing all the sims in the park snapping memory thought bubbles for no discernible reason. Until I saw my save file was up to 400 MB and it was only week 2. Then it stopped being amusing.
Theorist
#23 Old 13th Mar 2015 at 8:53 AM
Even though I killed that whole memory lane off the day the mod for doing so came out, it was kinda funny seeing all the sims in the park snapping memory thought bubbles for no discernible reason. Until I saw my save file was up to 400 MB and it was only week 2. Then it stopped being amusing.

I guess the ability to turn off memories completely was added in later then. Unless I was using a mod too and forgot O.O
One Minute Ninja'd
#24 Old 13th Mar 2015 at 10:09 AM
I guess the ability to turn off memories completely was added in later then. Unless I was using a mod too and forgot O.O

It was a mod.
Theorist
#25 Old 13th Mar 2015 at 7:36 PM
It was a mod.

xD well eventually they got the mod working for everyone and not just the active household then!
Page 1 of 2