Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 11:10 AM Last edited by Dizzy-noodles : 3rd Jul 2014 at 11:26 AM.
Default Google Chrome 'Not Responding' every few seconds-Please help :)
Hello

Lately I have been having problems with Google Chrome. I've had it as my default browser for a couple of years I think (I can't really remember), but for the last couple of weeks it has been giving me problems. Every few seconds it says 'Google Chrome is Not Responding' and the screen goes white. It's making it really difficult to use the internet, even typing this post is taking forever.

I've tried googling the problem, but I just didn't understand the answers I found. For example, one told me to delete the cache, with a link on how to do it. I followed the instructions, but then it just said 'tick the boxes of what you want to remove' and I didn't know which ones to tick. I'm absolutely clueless when it comes to computers, I don't know anything about them.

Please could someone advise me on what to do?

Thankyou
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 2:46 PM
This is extremely hard to address without seeing the PC. Did this problem start recently? Do you have the same problem with any other programs? Did you try using Firefox?
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 2:46 PM
Hiya, thanks for answering. Yes, it's been happening for about a week and a half, maybe 2 weeks.

No, not as far as I know. I have used SimPE, which worked fine, Clean Installer, which was fine, the Sims 2, which was fine, a Youtube related thing which was fine, can't remember using anything else.

No I haven't tried Firefox. I don't really want to start using another browser, I like Google Chrome when it works.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 3:10 PM
Well, you've been having this problem for closer to 3 weeks: http://www.modthesims.info/m/showthread.php?t=526664 (You could've just posted in that thread since you're still having problems with Chrome. BUT this IS a better forum for this... being that this is the Computer & Software Technical Support forum. )

Now that you've been having this problem with Chrome for so long, it might be time to try Firefox out. I understand that you like Chrome and don't want to use another browser. I like Firefox and pretty much refuse to try a different browser. (Although I did try Chrome out once and didn't like it, lol.) That said though- if you resist trying another browser you're just making it difficult for anyone to help you. If Firefox works fine, then your problem is Chrome itself. If Firefox has the same problem, then it could be computer related. Nobody is suggesting you start using Firefox exclusively.
Scholar
#5 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 3:18 PM
I agree with mustluvcatz, just try Firefox to see if the problem is Chrome itself. Might be a setting in your computer that's interfering with any of your web browsers.

If you try Firefox and there's no problem, then I would suggest uninstalling Chrome, then re-installing it. If you get the option to delete your old settings, then do it. If when re-installing Chrome it asks you if you want to restore your old settings, don't do it.

Try that and see how that works out for you.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 2:13 AM Last edited by Dizzy-noodles : 5th Jul 2014 at 5:52 AM.
Thanks for answering.

I'll give Firefox a go then and see what happens.

EDIT-Would it be the same if I tried Internet Explorer instead? It's just that I already have that installed. Thanks
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 8:41 AM
Hiya, I tried Internet Explorer and it's working fine. So it seems like the problem is Google Chrome.

Does anyone know what I should do next?

Thanks
Scholar
#8 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 10:04 AM
Do you have any extensions installed into Chrome?
Theorist
#9 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 6:57 PM
Most software specific problems can be addressed pretty quickly by uninstalling and reinstalling?
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 9:25 PM
Thanks for answering.

ajaxsirius-I've got a thing that makes the scroll bar have arrows instead of that annoying draggy bar, does that count?

Mistermook-If I do that, will I lose my bookmarks?

Thanks