Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 3:30 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Screen keeps going black
Hi there, bit of an issue, I have all of the Sims 2 games (and stuff packs) and everything worked until a few weeks ago. :/ I installed Sims 3, and the town map on Sims 3 was all black so I uninstalled it. After going back to Sims 2... I'm having the same issue! I load Sims, click on the town I want to load, then it loads a black screen. I press the Windows Key and hover over the sims 2, and it comes back on. If I click on the map, it goes black again! And then I have to press the windows key, hover over it, go back to Sims 2. But it's STAYING black now.

I heard windows 8.1 and sims 2 don't get along, so idk. Ive run the sims 2 with all expansions on a much less powerful laptop. I also recently updated all of the drivers for my video card, and that was when the screen black outs became unbearable.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 3:35 AM
Sometimes newer driver updates can upset the Sims 2, you will need to roll your driver back.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 3:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Sometimes newer driver updates can upset the Sims 2, you will need to roll your driver back.
Ah damn ok. Update: I attempted to run it in windowed mode, and everything went black after the initial loading screen (that says things like Growing Greener Gardens etc), but the issue is I couldn't actually open anything else. I went to start screen and tried to load mozilla firefox and the screen remained black. How do I revert my driver updates?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 10:18 AM