Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 4:52 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How do I make a mod load after or before another mod?
Hi! I didn't know where to ask this, so sorry if it's the wrong place!
I wanted to know how I can make a mod load after another mod? Or how to make the other mod to load before?
Thanks in advance for the time !
Advertisement
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 4:55 PM
Try renaming the mod you want to load first with an 'a' at the beginning of the name of it.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 5:54 PM
The game loads files alphabetically, so simply renaming the file will change the load order. Numbers or special characters will load first. To make a file load last you'd put a "z_" suffix in the front of the file name, to load first you'd put a simple underscore in front of the file name.

Keep in mind that the name of any sub folders will effect the load order of your mods too. Best to place all mods/hacks in the root of the downloads folder (unless specified otherwise by creator) for better indexing. Actual custom content would be ideal to have in sub folders though.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 8:10 PM
Thanks so much for the help, KarenLorraine and HarVee! I didn't know about the special characters loading first, I thought it would do the opposite. x'D years wondering why some things wouldn't work, solved ✓
Now i'll go organise the bunch of mods I downloaded earlier, hope it works! thanks~ <3