Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 2:37 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2 Pool Lighting at Night.
I'm having a problem with The Sims 2 and my Nvidia Geforce GTX 745
I'm currently on Windows 8.1 but have also had this problem on Windows 7. I've also had this problem with installing the game threw the Discs and Installing the Ultimate Collection threw Origin. With and Without Custom Content.

My problem is with my in-game lighting setting being set on High or Medium I'm having a pixelated square pattern of light on the bottom of swimming pools using pool lighting. Including pictures to show.

The only way to correct this is by turning the in-game lighting setting to low which then the game looks like crap. The problem I'm having is with only the pool lights. Light radiating from the window and from other light sources are perfectly fine.
When I posted my problem on the EA Games forums they simply said that maybe my graphics card was to new for the game, however my sister in law with the same exact game, same exact in-game settings, and Windows 8.1 has amazing pools and pool lighting. She also has a newer Nvidia Geforce card (not sure of the model).

I'm thinking maybe there is something within the Nvidia Control Panel or Nvidia Experience that I could change so the graphics card can better handle the pool lights. I have the Shaders turned on in the game settings but maybe there is Shaders I can turn on in the Nvidia settings or maybe there is other Nvidia settings I can mess around with to fix this issue?

EDIT: Forgot to add I know shaders are on because I have the options in game settings to show the x-ray cursor for the snow, I also see the fish in the tanks.

Thank you ahead of time for helping! Any help Appreciated!
Summer
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 8:48 PM
might try any of these::
-remove part of the pool then recreate that part
-change the shape of the pool
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 10:01 PM
It seems like it happens no matter what shape, even a standard square shape.